The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I howled.

"Mr. Clark, you asserted a number of times attorney-client privilege," DC bar committeewoman Patricia Matthews asked. "For whom were you the attorney?"

Clark then responded that his client was "President Trump, the head of the executive branch, the sole head, the unitary head of Article Two, the executive branch of the United States government."

This prompted Clark's lawyers to interject and urge their client to plead the Fifth Amendment to avoid incriminating himself.

"I would respectfully request my client to invoke questions about the basis for attorney-client privilege because those answers would be intimidating to them as well,” Clark's attorney, Harry MacDougald, said. "So respectfully, I would ask him to invoke [the Fifth Amendment]."

“Also, would you please tell my client to shut the f*** up?”

This, of course, will open the door for the prosecution to subpoena Donald Trump.

“Mr. Trump, this Jeffrey Clark guy said he gave you this advice and that advice. Did he ever say anything like that to you?.”

””No. He never said anything like that to me.”

Klaxons go off… Perjury, perjury, perjury

Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

“Also, would you please tell my client to shut the f*** up?”

That's classic, for a presidential candidate.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Can it be said any better than Russ Baker said it this week?

Bobby, Think It Over: Your Candidacy May Doom Democracy - WhoWhatWhy

Great article.

I've been wondering, IDK the answers.  I passed HS Civics and Political Science 101 but I don't remember.

If all three candidates get 33%, none 50%, none the 270 electoral votes to win the presidency what happens?  it goes to congress?  With a republican majority of one?   A tie with the VP's vote?

From the Associated Press

https://apnews.com/article/trump-god-bless-usa-bible-greenwood-2713fda3efdfa297d0f024efb1ca3003

"GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates,” it says.

Instead, it says, “GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.”

CIC Ventures LLC, a company that Trump reported owning in his 2023 financial disclosure, has a similar arrangement with 45Footwear, which also says it uses Trump’s “name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.”

A Trump spokesperson and God Bless the USA Bible did not immediately respond to questions about how much Trump was paid for the licensing deal or stands to make from each book sale."

You can get a $60 Bible and a $400 pair of sneakers, oh boy!

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Great article.

I've been wondering, IDK the answers.  I passed HS Civics and Political Science 101 but I don't remember.

If all three candidates get 33%, none 50%, none the 270 electoral votes to win the presidency what happens?  it goes to congress?  With a republican majority of one?   A tie with the VP's vote?

Ron,

I think it would go to the House for a vote.  This happened in 1876-- in the election between Rutherford Hayes and Samuel Tilden.  In that 1876 case, the House negotiations, ultimately, resulted in Hayes agreeing to end Radical Reconstruction by withdrawing Union troops from the South.

Incidentally, Hayes had an old college friend from Texas who was an important source of his information and opinions about Reconstruction.  Can't recall his friend's name, but he was a wealthy Texan who told Hayes that the upper class in Texas and the former Confederacy would be able to effectively protect the rights of the freed slaves, without Union troops.

Sadly, the exact opposite happened after 1877.  Blacks were purged from voter rolls throughout the South, and didn't regain voting rights until 1965.