The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Joyce Vance just highlighted the horror that the Supreme  Court has inflicted on all our lives.

Scientists? We don't need no stinking scientists

Ex-prosecutor flags non-Trump Supreme Court decision that will 'impact all of our lives'

By David McAfee June 29, 2024 

https://www.rawstory.com/supreme-court-chevron-impact-vance/

How about injecting some Clorox to clean out that pesky Covid stuff?

Let's give our babies some milk loaded with mercury. It's good stuff. Look what it does for thermometers and everything.

Who needs air quality monitors on nuclear power plants anyway?

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Joyce Vance just highlighted the horror that the Supreme  Court has inflicted on all our lives.

Scientists? We don't need no stinking scientists

Ex-prosecutor flags non-Trump Supreme Court decision that will 'impact all of our lives'

Yeah, Steve, another flamer by the corrupt, plutocratic Trump SCROTUS.

Instead of continuing to grant Federal agencies the primary authority to properly implement laws regulating corporations, let's open the floodgates to endless corporate lawsuits-- turning regulatory decisions over to the courts!

We don't need no stinkin' regulations for corporate fraudsters, profiteers, and polluters.

And bribery ain't bribery neither!

Let's go back to the 19th century Gilded Age.  🙄

Edited by W. Niederhut

Someone drugged Biden before the debate.

https://www.newsweek.com/did-cold-medications-affect-bidens-debate-performance-1919099

In recent weeks, Biden has made several high-profile public appearances on the world stage. He commemorated the 80th anniversary of D-Day in Normandy, France, attended press briefings at the G7 Summit in Italy, and engaged with the public and world leaders. Journalists who have been beside Biden closely these past few weeks reported no such impairment, aligning with bullish sentiment from the Biden debate prep team. Everyone would have noticed if Biden exhibited even a fraction of what he displayed at the debate.”

The President Has No Clothes

It is unfair that Joe Biden is being asked to step aside just for being too old while a narcissistic felon can stay in the race. But life isn’t fair, and Democrats better get through the seven stages of grief quickly or risk disaster in November. 

For years, anybody not ensnared in the MAGA cult has been baffled by the way Republicans have embraced Donald Trump, and how their support even increased no matter how obvious it became that he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the Oval Office.

The failed coup, the incessant lies, the indictments, the malignant narcissism… all of these things did nothing to diminish the former president’s popularity with the GOP base.

And that is something that has left his political adversaries mystified: How can so many people ignore such apparent flaws?

Well, anybody who still thinks that Joe Biden is the best Democrat to take on Trump this fall may want to take a quick look in a mirror… because they are doing the same thing.

Sure, the circumstances are different.

Biden’s shortcomings are not as toxic as Trump’s. He is not morally (or otherwise) corrupt, he doesn’t suffer from personality disorders, and he certainly wouldn’t attempt to overturn the election if he were to lose.

On Thursday night, however, it became quite clear that the president’s age and constitution are a serious liability and that he should bow out.

But there is a reason why he is being asked to step aside, while nobody is calling for Trump to drop out: Biden is a good man who might just do what’s best for the country (and what would certainly be best for his family), while Trump will only ever do what’s best for Trump.

Democrats and their supporters don’t want this to be true, but Biden is simply too old to be president for another four years. In fact, he is too old to be president now.

Asking the Republican to get out of this race would be just as effective as asking the Atlantic Ocean to no longer be wet.

(continues)

https://whowhatwhy.org/politics/us-politics/the-president-has-no-clothes/

Edited by Bill Fite

Republican National Committee co-chair Lara Trump insisted that Donald Trump was "leading" the nation even though he is "not officially" president.

While speaking to Fox News host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday,

"The fact that you have Donald Trump leading the country right now when he is not officially yet back in the White House speaks volumes to the American people and, I think, to the rest of the world," she continued.”

That’s funny. I thought America was a shithole country, a third-world country full of carnage and bloodshed… at least according to Donald Trump.

Steve Thomas

Ruby, My Dear

Some like to listen to Thelonious Monk,

and some to the Orange Felonious Skunk,

but I dislike inharmonious bunk,

so I'd rather listen to Thelonious Monk.

-- W. Niederhut, M.D.   6/30/24

Edited by W. Niederhut

22 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Biden is typically at his sharpest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., according to Axios, which cited discussions with eight current and former Biden aides.

Former Biden aides, eh?

I'm guessing they weren't part of the group hanging out with him at the Waffle House until 2 AM after the debate then.

Nah, probably not.

Still waiting for anyone to come forward and prove his debate performance was anything but aberrative behavior for him.

He was drugged.

3 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Former Biden aides, eh?

I'm guessing they weren't part of the group hanging out with him at the Waffle House until 2 AM after the debate then.

Nah, probably not.

Still waiting for anyone to come forward and prove his debate performance was anything but aberrative behavior for him.

He was drugged.

Matt,

Didn't someone drug Ed Muskie's drink in New Hampshire, in 1972, for Nixon?

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I assume this is sarcasm, but I can remind everyone that Nixon won both his terms by getting Dems to dump their candidate 6 months before the election.

No sarcasm, Matt.

There were rumors that Nixon's dirty tricksters had drugged Muskie prior to his "crying" speech that ended his candidacy in the 1972 Democratic primaries.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Why  is the standard answer always conspiracy when the most logical answer is just garden variety senility. W's had extensive career experience with this and can give an extensive unofficial diagnosis but officially all we are doing is speculating.

I've had a total of 30 years seeing dementia in my parents and Grandparents. My Dad looked better at 95 then Biden looked in the debate at 81. Of course, my Dad lived to be 101. My guess, from seeing the difference in Joe's performances in 2020 is that Joe probably won't make it to 90, but I don't know.

I do recall Carter looking better in 2005 and he's not looking well, but would be 100 in October.