The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisconsin Senator, Ron Johnson says that Donald Trump should have his own Praetorian Guard.They would oversee the Secret Service.

https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigates/senator-ron-johnson-2669222720/

I wonder if they will wear purple robes and helmets and stuff.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

1 minute ago, Steve Thomas said:

Wisconsin Senator, Ron Johnson says that Donald Trump should have his own Praetorian Guard.They would oversee the Secret Service.

https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigates/senator-ron-johnson-2669222720/

I wonder if they will wear purple robes and helmets and stuff.

Steve Thomas

Geez, RoJo doesn't seem to realize that Trump has had a Praetorian Guard for the past eight years.

We taxpayers have been paying for it.

Didn't RoJo watch the motorcade in Fulton County when Trump surrendered?

Surely, RoJo knows that Trump's Praetorian Guard deleted their J6 texts and Emails, after they were instructed by Congress to preserve them.

Trump Tower in Chicago ruled a Public Nuisance

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-tower-hotel-chicago-cook-county-sierra-club-river-cooling-heating-system-1955171

"A jury is set to decide how much a Trump hotel will have to pay for pumping millions of gallons of heated water into a Chicago river.

The award is likely to run into many millions of dollars after Trump Tower in Chicago failed to install filters to stop fish from being sucked into its cooling system and also of pumping millions of gallons of heated water back into the Chicago river."

"The hotel was built along the Chicago River. In 2018, the state of Illinois, Friends of the Chicago River and the Sierra Club sued Trump after a permit review revealed that Trump Tower was consuming more than 20 million gallons of river water per day to cool the building.

Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul alleged in court documents that Trump ignored a requirement that he install a screen to prevent fish and other aquatic life from being sucked into the cooling pipes and killed."

Steve Thomas

Bill, I heard about the scandalous gang rape of this guy's wife in Avignon!

Are you   still mourning the loss of Alain Delon?

heh heh 

It looks like Harris is slowly gaining in the electoral vote in your polyvote!

A man on trial for repeatedly drugging his wife and recruiting dozens to rape her while she was unconscious told a French court that he is a rapist — and that the other accused men are, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/09/17/france-rape-trial-dominique-pelicot-testifies-husband-wife/?location=alert

I hear now the government is releasing in February a list of drugs that they are going to negotiate with the manufactures to buy in mass and get the price down and one of them is believed to be Ozempic.

W. I can't remember if that was in political discussions, but I've always hated Guiness!

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Are you   still mourning the loss of Alain Delon?

Kirk - the death of a movie star is huge in France.  Dominates the news for a few days.  They say the worst thing for somebody of historical importances death is to die on the same day as a movie star.

But, in comparison, the death of Johnny Hallyday was actually covered more / longer than the death of Elvis.

We went to the 125th anniversary of the Eiffel Tower.  Got there early and a good thing.  There were about half a million people on the Champ de Mars.  Before the incredible fireworks / computer light show that projected images from 5 eras onto the tower, Johnny performed.   Was actually pretty good.

You might like this one - (both are live)

Johnny's best cover of a hit

or my favorite French one

Allumer le Feu -- (Light the fire)

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Wow, I wonder if Murdoch is now done with Trump/Vance as well…

This is like the plot of a Coen Brothers movie.

Frances McDormand's cat goes missing in a small town in Ohio, and Trump Republicans end up shutting down the community with bomb threats and death threats against Haitian immigrants accused of eating cats.  🙄

Edited by W. Niederhut

So, I usually call out songs for Alexa to play on my Amazon Echo Star speaker while I exercise.

My favorites are funky old hits and classic rock & soul songs with a good, driving beat.

But yesterday, I suddenly remembered an old 45 rpm recording that our gym teacher used to play during calisthenics when I was in elementary school.

I hadn't heard this song for over 60 years!

I said, "Alexa, play Chicken Fat!"

Does anyone else remember this song from the early 60s?  😎