The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

That said, I do indeed believe that the death toll could easily have gone into six digits had Biden not gotten Netanyahu's ear and talked him into taking steps to reduce collateral civilian deaths. Something that is a demonstrable fact...

"demonstrable facts"?This kind of nonsense goes on on the JFKA side frequently. Premises that are just speculation confidently stated as "demonstrable facts." There are no demonstrable facts concerning events that never occurred!

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Here is how Biden's plan could have failed: Netanyahu could have simply said screw you to Biden, I am going to invade the country without taking any of these civilian-saving measures.

But guess what... even that wouldn't have been a failure!

You have to focus and listen. I can't speak for W. I don't think Biden could have done anything for 3 months. So most of those lives lost are not Biden's fault.

I'm not saying that would have been a failure at all. Quite the opposite, stopping weapons to Israel 4 months ago and having Bibi saying "screw you" as he has now,  would have been all we could do.

There were warnings from Israel to civilians to get out of combat areas. You don't have sufficient knowledge on the ground  to speculate 100,000 deaths or anything.

As it turns out, Bibi has said "screw you" to Biden. You completely ignored this.

14 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Haven't you heard? Bibi has now said they're prepared to go it alone, with our weapons or without.  If we believe what he says, then stopping military weapons to Israel was never a deterrent.

So if we believe this  Biden is not going to deter Bibi from committing your speculated 100,000 death invasion. We'll see how many they kill and whatever's  less than your  speculative 100,000,  you'll deem a success?     heh heh

At a certain point, you have to be in the now, not some speculative future and try to save as many lives as you can in the present.

I'd say it was better to start taking a strong stand 4 months ago, stop sending weapons, negotiate in the region and have American policy look more impartial, consistent  and humanitarian and let Israel solely suffer in world opinion, for the consequences for their actions.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

W.! I'm also amazed at how quickly some celebrities and the MSM run with the commentary that any one protesting for a Gaza ceasefire is anti Semitic! But on another matter concerning Clinton.

Along those lines W. I've often thought Jon Stewart is a better interviewer sometimes than he is a comedian. Here he has Hilary Clinton and Condoleeza Rice,(  in my view, whose reputation should be one step away from being prosecuted for war crimes!) 
At a certain point, there becomes a palpable tension and defensiveness among the 2 for their historic defense of the MIC, when Stewart asks where all this defense lobbying and spending has got us, and the good of the world at large. There are many times where I want to jump in and ask for clarity in their responses.

It's interesting to consider what did we learn  from say, George Bush's War in Iraq,? There does seem to be a consensus now that the war was a mistake  and that is held by almost all of the Democrats and now probably near half of the Republicans, I would estimate.

But history will probably overlook the deeper damage done by that war. With the fallout from that war.,it left the entire region unsettled. ( I don't believe Rice's assertion that Syria , for example came undone completely on it's own) with a massive  refugee problem that has placed a huge burden particularly on Europe and Canada which is probably a big cause of the current populist uprisings  throughout the West!

As someone whose interviewed many people on radio, Stewart establishes a collegial rapport with them in the first half and  starts to press more in the second half and it ends just when  it starts getting good, but allows both Clinton and Rice to tie everything up in congenial wrap of agreement, I assume because he was hoping to interview them again. but is back now on the Daily Show.

I would take this from 22.20.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

There's A GOP Plan For An Execution Spree If Trump Wins The White House

Buried on page 554 of the plan is a directive to execute every remaining person on federal death row — and dramatically expand the use of the death penalty.

By Jessica Schulberg May 9, 2024

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gop-plan-for-executions-if-trump-wins_n_663b97a7e4b0bcaefbf76812

“Last year, a coalition effort by conservative groups known as Project 2025 released an 887-page document that lays out policy goals and recommendations for each part of the federal government. Buried on page 554 is a directive to execute every remaining federal death row prisoner — and to persuade the Supreme Court to expand the types of crimes that can be punished with death sentences.”

“The Project 2025 proposal envisions an extreme shift in how the death penalty is used in America. The 13 executions carried out at the end of Trump’s presidency marked the greatest number of federal executions in a single year since 1896.”

Steve Thomas

'His cult followers are nuts': Eruption after fact-check confirms Trump rally diaper story

by David McAfee May 11, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cult-wearing-diapers/

Popular account @JoJoFromJerz wrote in response, "PSA: If you are wearing an adult diaper to a Trump rally because the addlepated orange dumbf--- you want returned to the White House is a world-famous pants-s------, congratulations — you are an idiot, an a------, and you’re in a f------ cult. A seriously stupid f------- cult."

@SassyKadiK added, "Wait. Trump followers are now wearing diapers and literally pooping and peeing in their pants to show their solidarity? This is not normal. None of this is normal."

Steve Thomas

This is U.S. mad dog killing machine insanity.

Biden has stopped one shipment of 3500 bombs to Israel. What they don't tell you is that Biden has already shipped 300,000 such bombs to Israel since Oct 7th!  So the amount being withheld by Biden is the equivalent of 1% of the bombs we've already sent Israel!

These bombs come in 3 types,  250 lbs, 500 lbs. and 1000lbs. In addition the U.S. has already sent  2,000 lbs.Mark 84  bombs to Israel!

A further breakdown of the bombs we've supplied Israel is in this article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/11/us/israel-gaza-bombs.html?algo=editorial_importance_fy_email_news&block=4&campaign_id=142&emc=edit_fory_20240511&fellback=false&imp_id=7312242213387188&instance_id=123092&nl=for-you&nlid=61798350&pool=fye-top-news-ls&rank=1&regi_id=61798350&req_id=7115410283261254&segment_id=166381&surface=for-you-email-news&user_id=48552702f942aacb0810b9de5ca41c55&variant=0_edimp_fye_news_dedupe

Senator, Katie Britt (you know, she of the Republican response to Biden's State of the Union Speech) has introduced a bill to create a federal database of pregnant women. 

That's right. We'll make sure you don't get an abortion.

"All pregnant women line up here!"

I wonder if they'll brand them or something.

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
15 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

That said, I do indeed believe that the death toll could easily have gone into six digits had Biden not gotten Netanyahu's ear and talked him into taking steps to reduce collateral civilian deaths. Something that is a demonstrable fact...

"demonstrable facts"?

I didn't say it was a "demonstrable fact" that "the death toll could easily have gone into six digits." I specifically said in that very sentence that that was something "I do indeed believe!"

What I said is that it was a "demonstrable fact" that Biden had "gotten Netanyahu's ear and talked him into taking steps to reduce collateral civilian deaths."

And if you read the whole paragraph so that it is taken in context, you should see that this is readily apparent.

You have to focus and listen.

If I don't know or can't remember how your position on something specific about Gaza differs from William's or Doug's, I reply with a generic response. Just what my beliefs are.

As it turns out, Bibi has said "screw you" to Biden. You completely ignored this.

No, I mentioned it. I said something like, Bibi said two months ago he would invade Rafah regardless of Biden's threats. I just didn't use the words "screw you."

But so far those have been empty words from Bibi.

On 5/11/2024 at 12:39 AM, Ron Bulman said:

I just listened to this one today for the first time in years, a little closer than ever before.  It might be the best pure guitar song on the album I have of five from the Layla album with Duane on them, Clapton At His Best, 1972.  Duane's Anthology album (cd) is on the way.  I didn't know he was the guitar on Boz Skaggs Loan Me A Dime, or Wilson Pickett's version of Hey Jude, which is what first caught Clapton's attention.  Both are on it.

Worth a bump.  I can't get over the detail of the guitars in this song which I've loved for 50 years which I've never paid close attention to. 

Posted (edited)

Since this is the Water Cooler, I'm posting this clip of the final 21 seconds of the first half in the Denver Nuggets playoff Game Four tonight in Minneapolis.

The Nuggets are the reigning NBA champs, but they lost the first two games of this series (in Denver) to the Minnesota Timberwolves.  I thought they were finished.  After tonight's game, the series is now tied 2-2.

But check out the end of the first half.  Unreal.  My daughter got mad because I was watching the game with headphones on and I spontaneously let out a loud holler when Jamal Murray nailed this 55 foot buzzer beater.

Edited by W. Niederhut