The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

16 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

From Macklemore's song:

“The blood is on your hands, Biden, we to can see it all / And fuck no, I’m not votin’ for you in the fall.”

This is another example of irrational, emotional response to Biden's strategy. In case you don't see the problem in it, read this comment from one of the readers of the article:

"Not voting for Biden will give Bibi what he wants -- crony Trump back in the WH."

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The actual title of the article is:

Even Biden’s Lawyers Are Urging the White House to Change Course on Gaza

Which is interesting timing because that is what Biden has already done.

- Donald Trump, Wildwood, New Jersey 05/12/24 -

"The late, great Hannibal Lecter is a wonderful man," Trump said, referencing the 1991 film "Silence of the Lambs."

"He oftentimes would have a friend for dinner."

"But Hannibal Lecter. Congratulations, the late, great Hannibal Lecter. We have people that are being released into our country that we don't want in our country."

WTF?

Steve Thomas

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

From Macklemore's song:

“The blood is on your hands, Biden, we to can see it all / And xxxx no, I’m not votin’ for you in the fall.”

This is another example of irrational, emotional response to Biden's strategy. In case you don't see the problem in it, read this comment from one of the readers of the article:

"Not voting for Biden will give Bibi what he wants -- crony Trump back in the WH."

Sandy,

Why do you keep repeating your misdiagnosis about emotional reasoning?

Are people supposed to have no emotions about the horrific massacres of women and children in Gaza?

C'mon, man.  Emotion serves an important purpose in human life.  We should feel horror about genocide.

BTW, I don't happen to agree with rapper Macklemore's lyrics about not voting for Biden, but I posted the story as information about how a younger generation views the Gaza debacle.  It has damaged Biden's reputation significantly.

Meanwhile, IMO, Macklemore's "music" is terrible.

I have a personal story about the subject of rap music, which also involves Ron Bulman's recent references to the Derek and the Dominos Layla album.

Several years ago, I was visiting with my nephew-- a young, out-of-town hot shot grad student at UC Berkeley-- and he and another nephew of mine were sharing some God-awful rap music with me.

Like a genuine geezer, I finally asked, "Do you guys ever listen to the great old rock classics by guys like Eric Clapton, the Allman Brothers, the Grateful Dead, Steely Dan, or the Doobie Brothers?

"Who?"

So I decided to record an album of rock classics in my basement studio, and I gave them my rock CD "album" at Christmas.  I called the album, "It's Not Too Late," and the first track on my CD was Chuck Willis's 1956 hit, "It's Too Late," from the Layla album.  (Willis recorded this in 1956 as a slow doo-wop song, but I used the Derek and the Dominos up-tempo version from 1970.)

I don't think my nephews even owned a CD player, so my recording may have been in vain, but perhaps they'll listen to it some day after I'm dead.

The moral of the story is that it's not too late to play rock 'n roll.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14781637

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

I merely noted the fact that, due to that rapper's emotional response, he made an irrational choice of not voting for Biden. His non-vote for Biden would in effect be a vote Trump!

Trump is all for Israel's attack on Gaza! The only criticisms I've seen Trump dish up against Netanyahu are that Netanyahu has allowed photos of the destruction be revealed. That's right... the only thing that bothers Trump is the negative PR Israel is getting.

My diagnosis is correct.

Are people supposed to have no emotions about the horrific massacres of women and children in Gaza?

Well I would certainly hope that they be affected emotionally by the massacre and destruction! On the other hand, I find it unfortunate that it negatively affects their reasoning and decision making.

Biden could lose a whole lot of votes to Republicans due to these irrational decisions. This despite the fact that Republicans are the worst people to turn to if you want Netanyahu to stop the fighting.

C'mon, man.  Emotion serves an important purpose in human life.  We should feel horror about genocide.

Of course. And then we should allow those with cooler heads make the important decisions on solving the problems.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Sandy,

BTW, I don't happen to agree with rapper Macklemore's lyrics about not voting for Biden, but I posted the story as information about how a younger generation views the Gaza debacle.  It has damaged Biden's reputation significantly.

Meanwhile, IMO, Macklemore's "music" is terrible.

I have a personal story about the subject of rap music, which also involves Ron Bulman's recent references to the Derek and the Dominos Layla album.

Several years ago, I was visiting with my nephew-- a young, out-of-town hot shot grad student at UC Berkeley-- and he and another nephew of mine were sharing some God-awful rap music with me.

Like a genuine geezer, I finally asked, "Do you guys ever listen to the great old rock classics by guys like Eric Clapton, the Allman Brothers, the Grateful Dead, Steely Dan, or the Doobie Brothers?

"Who?"

So I decided to record an album of rock classics in my basement studio, and I gave them my rock CD "album" at Christmas.  I called the album, "It's Not Too Late," and the first track on my CD was Chuck Willis's 1956 hit, "It's Too Late," from the Layla album.  (Willis recorded this in 1956 as a slow doo-wop song, but I used the Derek and the Dominos up-tempo version from 1970.)

I don't think my nephews even owned a CD player, so my recording may have been in vain, but perhaps they'll listen to it some day after I'm dead.

The moral of the story is that it's not too late to play rock 'n roll.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14781637

Eric Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight' guitar up for sale, cigarette burns included (msn.com)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump, Wildwood, New Jersey 05/12/24 -

"The late, great Hannibal Lecter is a wonderful man," Trump said, referencing the 1991 film "Silence of the Lambs."

"He oftentimes would have a friend for dinner."

"But Hannibal Lecter. Congratulations, the late, great Hannibal Lecter. We have people that are being released into our country that we don't want in our country."

WTF?

Steve Thomas

.@realDonaldTrump you know the “late, great” and “wonderful” (seriously ?!?) Hannibal Lecter was a cannibalistic serial killer, right? But more importantly, HE IS NOT REAL. 🤦🏽♂️
This is who MAGA Republicans want for the presidency—a man who idolizes an imaginary serial killer. https://t.co/huAqW3LsRt
— Michael Steele (@MichaelSteele) May 12, 2024
Oh my dear God. This man is running for President of the United States.

And we are allowing it.

I have absolutely no idea how to explain this to future generations. https://t.co/mQLt22qUAD
— Rick ☆ ™ (@RickChapterTwo) May 12, 2024
So, let me get this straight. We have a bunch of people running around in diapers, sh****** in their pants and idolizing an imaginary serial killer and lamenting the fact that this fictional killer died.  "The late, great...."
This just keeps getting weirder and weirder and weirder.
I’m like the last guy, I have no idea how we are going to explain this to future generations.
Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I merely noted the fact that, due to that rapper's emotional response, he made an irrational choice of not voting for Biden. His non-vote for Biden would in effect be a vote Trump!

Trump is all for Israel's attack on Gaza! The only criticisms I've seen Trump dish up against Netanyahu are that Netanyahu has allowed photos of the destruction be revealed. That's right... the only thing that bothers Trump is the negative PR Israel is getting.

My diagnosis is correct.

Well I would certainly hope that they be affected emotionally by the massacre and destruction! On the other hand, I find it unfortunate that it negatively affects their reasoning and decision making.

Biden could lose a whole lot of votes to Republicans due to these irrational decisions. This despite the fact that Republicans are the worst people to turn to if you want Netanyahu to stop the fighting.

Of course. And then we should allow those with cooler heads make the important decisions on solving the problems.

Sandy,

I, certainly, agree that Trump is an unmitigated disaster, and that Biden is a far superior alternative.

But disgust with Biden's role in Netanyahu's Gaza genocide is not based on what psychiatrists (and psychologists) refer to as "emotional reasoning"-- as the term is used in Beck's cognitive therapy.

The emotionally disturbed characters are Lindsay Graham and the pro-genocide MAGAts who are cheering for Netanyahu's crimes against humanity.

Moral outrage about the genocide is a sign of mental health, IMO.

18 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The actual title of the article is:

Even Biden’s Lawyers Are Urging the White House to Change Course on Gaza

Which is interesting timing because that is what Biden has already done.

Why Biden’s Threat to Suspend Arms to Israel Is A Scam (kenklippenstein.com)

btw, I don't think the poll rigging is only occurring to form a media narrative; I think it is all part of the plan to claim a "rigged election" when Trump loses again.

Everything Trump does is clearly traceable back to well-worn Mussolini/Hitler/Putin fascist propaganda techniques.

Rather easy to spot, actually...

12 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of text that says 'An early look at the cover for next week's issue, "Class of 2024," by Barry Blitt. #NewYorkerCovers lKK438.99 IHE MAY Z0,zOZ4 NEW YORKER'

Honestly, I feel sorry for the college classes of '24-- and not only because of the staggering increases in college tuition nowadays, and the school shooter drills they lived through.

Their schools were shut down by the COVID pandemic during their senior year (in high school.) 

Then the George Floyd/BLM protests broke out across the country, in May of 2020.

Then, while still dealing with the COVID pandemic during their freshman year in college, Trump's mobsters attacked Congress, followed by three more years of the Trump sh*t show and election denialism.

Now their final semester-- and graduation ceremonies-- have been disrupted and/or cancelled by the Gaza Genocide protests.

21 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

But disgust with Biden's role in Netanyahu's Gaza genocide is not based on what psychiatrists (and psychologists) refer to as "emotional reasoning"-- as the term is used in Beck's cognitive therapy.

William,

I was using common English definitions when I made the phrase"emotional reasoning". I had no idea that the phrase is used in a branch of cognitive theory.

21 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Moral outrage about the genocide is a sign of mental health, IMO.

Absolutely.