The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia and South Korea, not China. China's economy depends on the U.S., so they don't want to cause trouble.

Obviously Russia will engineer a terrorist incident or something else to help Trump, but I hadn't heard about the North Korea angle until today. But it makes sense, as Kim Jong Un admires Trump. Dictators stick together, I guess.

I think Alito wrote the majority opinion in the disastrous 5-4 Citizens United ruling, but I'd have to look it up.

.96ad94fe03d2c92f306dd32839b114089e8ad442

My Slovenian homeboy, Luka Doncic, hit the game winner for the Dallas Mavericks in Minneapolis tonight-- shooting over Rudy Gobert, the NBA Defensive Player of the Year.   

The Mavs rallied from an 18 point deficit in the game to win 109-108.

Posted (edited)

Yes, Doncic letting out his Slovenian rage at the Frenchman, just like Draymond!

So no love for local Jokic, after he won you a title. W?

So you're part Slovenian like Melania? I only traveled through Slovenia to get  to Croatia but it was beautiful, pastoral, and maybe the most Old World European country I've been to. It seemed a bit more of a throw back to the Cold War days then Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia Herzegovena. but I haven't been  to Czech, Hungary, Romania. or Bulgaria.

Some great playoff twists and turns. My only problem with Doncic is that he's too good a player to be continually whining to the refs like he does, and I can't stand Tyreke!.  Though I generally like Mark Cuban.

But one slimeball Texas politician I hate, to go along with Gov.  Greg Abbott, AG Paxton, Gohmert, and even this quack Ronny Jackson, who was Trump's doctor has been elected to office in Texas!

But who I'm focusing on is that dangling pos Ted Cruz! Watch how he slimily tries to turn around questions and blame everything on the "media"  about the 1/6 riots. His deception is so transparent, it's a wonder he could get elected anywhere!

Sorry Doug and Ron, I can only assume you're as pissed off about it as me. Beto is a good hearted guy. I guess he comes off too innocent?

The 1/6 segment starts around 4:30.

Sometimes it's good to just say, I was expecting an honest answer and if I'm not going to get it, the interview is over no matter what other talking points you were planning!

https://youtu.be/JZXlfsjBKZw

20240523-cnn-full16x9.jpg?c=16x9&q=h_540

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

The problem is most of these "journalists" are afraid to come out and just mock clowns like Ted Cruz because they know he'll then never return again.

To which I say, "Who cares if he doesn't?"

People like Ted Cruz should be mercilessly mocked and shamed to the point they never want to be seen in public again.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Yes, Doncic letting out his Slovenian rage at the Frenchman, just like Draymond!

So no love for local Jokic, after he won you a title. W?

So you're part Slovenian like Melania? I only traveled through Slovenia to get  to Croatia but it was beautiful, pastoral, and maybe the most Old World European country I've been to. It seemed a bit more of a throw back to the Cold War days then Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia Herzegovena. but I haven't been  to Czech, Hungary, Romania. or Bulgaria.

Some great playoff twists and turns. My only problem with Doncic is that he's too good a player to be continually whining to the refs like he does, and I can't stand Tyreke!.  Though I generally like Mark Cuban.

But one slimeball Texas politician I hate, to go along with Gov.  Greg Abbott, AG Paxton, Gohmert, and even this quack Ronny Jackson, who was Trump's doctor has been elected to office in Texas!

But who I'm focusing on is that dangling pos Ted Cruz! Watch how he slimily tries to turn around questions and blame everything on the "media"  about the 1/6 riots. His deception is so transparent, it's a wonder he could get elected anywhere!

Sorry Doug and Ron, I can only assume you're as pissed off about it as me. Beto is a good hearted guy. I guess he comes off too innocent?

The 1/6 segment starts around 4:30.

Sometimes it's good to just say, I was expecting an honest answer and if I'm not going to get it, the interview is over no matter what other talking points you were planning!

https://youtu.be/JZXlfsjBKZw

20240523-cnn-full16x9.jpg?c=16x9&q=h_540

Kirk,

My maternal grandparents emigrated to the U.S. from Slovenia in the early 20th century-- so, yes, I'm half Slovene.    At the time, Slovenia was still part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and my grandfather was in the Austrian calvary.

My grandparents downplayed their ethnicity and didn't let their children speak Slovene-- English only.    Their youngest son, my uncle, was killed on the U.S.S. Lexington in WWII.   (I'll fly the flag for him on Monday.)

As for Nikola Jokic, I love the guy, and I was deeply disappointed by the Nuggets' collapse in the second half of that Game 7 against Minnesota.  So Doncic is merely my third favorite NBA player-- after Jokic and Jamal Murray.  Kudos to the Timberwolves for winning three games in Denver!

BTW, I share your loathing for Ted Cruz, Abbot, Paxton, and Gohmer.

Classic Trump-- he announced last week that he's considering his fellow felon, Ken Paxton, for AG!

I'd file that one under, "Can't make this sh*t up..."

Edited by W. Niederhut

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald Trump's massive rally in the Bronx.

image.jpeg.467d5bd358496aa49354aea44bceb3af.jpeg

Steve Thomas

Sometimes I go to the Wonkette website, just to read the irreverent headlines... 😂

Rally Crowd Smaller Than Trump Claims, Just Like His Wanger (wonkette.com)

May 24, 2024

Edited by W. Niederhut

50 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

image.png.eea4cfebbebaec12f661966bef75c5db.png

Steve Thomas

Steve, just to let you know I can't open it. But it looks good! 

Another good one Doug! And we're finally getting the msm to report on the bullying of the Palestinians by settlers while the Israeli government looks the other way!

W. Loved that earlier Tom Tomorrow! In fairness to Fox , I am traveling and I was forced to watch Fox Business news for a while which is really just an another Maga propaganda arm and almost nothing about business!

They start the story quoting Trump  saying there were 25,000 people at the park in NYC, but she then said it looks closer to 1000. I look at that crowd picture and I might estimate 500 people but at least Fox' claim was much closer to the mark than Maga estimates!