The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Well, Matt,  we have you on the board for Biden by 12-15 million. I think he can  get more than last time.'

But that doesn't matter.

Yes, although I freely admit 15 is too optimistic. I feel pretty decent about the 12, though.

Was your guess 10 million? Or something right around that?

Let's say your number is correct and it's 10.  I certainly feel confident about that.

So the question becomes why should you and I believe these national polls that suggest a tie? Those polls would be considered the equivalent to the popular vote, right?

Seems pretty off, correct?

So why would we then take the state polls seriously?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump in danger of losing liquor licenses now that he's a convicted felon: Forbes

by Tom Boggioni June 10, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-felony-2668491330/

“Donald Trump's felony convictions for business fraud may cost him more than his freedom with valuable liquor licenses he owns at his luxury golf courses under review.

According to a new report from Forbes, Trump is most at risk of having his liquor licenses pulled in New Jersey, which features three golf courses including his signature Trump National Golf Club, Bedminster, as well as Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia and Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck. “

"Trump is the sole order (sic) of three golf courses in New Jersey that have active liquor licenses, according to the Division of Alcoholic beverages Control. New Jersey law prohibits issuing a liquor license to anyone who has been convicted of a crime 'involving moral turpitude.' A state handbook explains that these sorts of crimes typically involve 'dishonesty, fraud or depravity' severe enough to typically be punished by more than one year in prison."

Now, that is going to hurt.

Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Was your guess 10 million? Or something right around that?

Yeah, I think that would be close. But again that doesn't matter.

I think the biggest complaint that the Republicans have with the Democrats is that they have too many voters.

And they "weaponize" it against them!     boo hoo!

But if people voted in their interest they should be up 85-15 at least!

But that's the problem with Democracy Plato noted 2500 years ago, the average person votes only in his short term interest, and is swayed by charisma, strong personalities, and of course, ignorance. And that ignorance creates problems like these.

Republicans pitch tax cuts for corporations, the wealthy in 2025

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/06/09/biden-trump-taxes-election/?wpisrc=nl_headlines&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3df605e%2F6666cea661e0a9191d3e97a2%2F646f594f44d19211b692299e%2F12%2F57%2F6666cea661e0a9191d3e97a2

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 6/9/2024 at 9:33 AM, W. Niederhut said:

I'm, frankly, astonished to learn that someone has, apparently, blocked me from receiving any personal messages on this forum.

@Kirk Gallaway

FWIW, I just sent a test message to W. and it worked. Apparently it is fixed.

@Ron Bulman

Ron, your PM box is full. It's probably over it's limit since your allotment was reduced. I just had that same problem and at first it appeared I couldn't delete messages. But I did find a way to delete them. Let me know if you need help.

19 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Israel is starting to crack but if [Biden] acted resolutely at the first of the year he would have looked much  more formidable.

Kirk,

Which would have looked better for Biden's presidential bid? Providing more arms to Israel, or providing less?

I ask because, though a lot of Democrats care about civilian casualties, there are those who are highly pro-Israeli.

I have pro-Israeli friends who are angry with Biden for slowing the war down. They say they care about the Gazans, but really they hate Hamas and love Israel more.

13 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

@Kirk Gallaway

FWIW, I just sent a test message to W. and it worked. Apparently it is fixed.

@Ron Bulman

Ron, your PM box is full. It's probably over it's limit since your allotment was reduced. I just had that same problem and at first it appeared I couldn't delete messages. But I did find a way to delete them. Let me know if you need help.

Well, there goes another perfectly good conspiracy theory, fellas. 

I thought I was being victimized, but the problem was that my mailbox was full.

It is a weird coincidence that two mailboxes stopped working simultaneously, but, as Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." 🥸

'Below locker room talk': Giuliani slammed for 'repugnant' attack on Fani Willis

by Alex Henderson, AlterNet June 10, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/below-locker-room-talk-giuliani-slammed-for-repugnant-misogynist-on-fani-willi/

“Former New York City Major Rudy Giuliani spoke at Grace Christian Church in Michigan last week as part of the far-right Christian nationalist ReAwaken America Tour. During the speech, he angrily railed against Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Fani Willis — and described her as "Fani the ho."”

In a church, no less.

Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Kirk,

Which would have looked better for Biden's presidential bid? Providing more arms to Israel, or providing less?

I ask because, though a lot of Democrats care about civilian casualties, there are those who are highly pro-Israeli.

I have pro-Israeli friends who are angry with Biden for slowing the war down. They say they care about the Gazans, but really they hate Hamas and love Israel more.

Sandy, You could call the way Biden has played this as "Democrat centrist".  As you say, Democrats care about civilian casualties but are generally Pro Israel, Republicans are Pro Israel and don't care at all about civilian casualties.

Biden' continues to supply arms to Israel to appease the hawks. In this case the Democrats  have to consider their anti war faction and their Muslim voters. Biden is counting on that supplying arms to Israel is not a big surprise to their Muslims because they are use to being left out and have nowhere else to go. But he's hoping some of this can be smoothed out, before the election because he's afraid they might not  vote and he needs them to turn out if he is to win Michigan, which is critical. 

IMO, Both the D' and R's are planning to host Bibi in Congress on July 24, now that finally Biden is starting to put his boot on Bibi's neck. I mean,  what is this?- half time?   The last time Bibi came here, he was the guest of the Republican lead Congress and he snubbed seeing Obama, but now both parties and the President welcome him?

To me this is a retreat and is just typical of the double messages of the spooky U.S. Israel  relationship. What will we be saying?, Oh Bibi, I'm sorry you didn't accept our peace  proposal but  we still love you! Can't we still .be friends? " Bibi's a smart politician and he'll just use it as a photo op to let everyone at home know that he's still in control with the Americans. I have no idea what we're getting out of it.

Of course we'll see what negotiations can bring in the meantime. But why are we rewarding them with a visit whether they play ball or not?

Sandy, are you and Ron still not able to accept messages? Are you free to give us any insight to what's going on?

Kirk,

My impression-- possibly incorrect-- is that the recent shake up in the Education Forum management is all about the Pat Speer controversy, which culminated in Pat being temporarily banned from the EF.

I don't know the history of the EF in any detail, but I think Pat was a former moderator, and long-term associate of Mark Knight and, possibly, James Gordon.

So, when Pat was temporarily banned, the excrement hit the EF oscillating device.