The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Tucker Carlson out at Fox News

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-fox-news-out

Driving the news: Carlson's last program was Friday April 21st, Fox News said, meaning Carlson did not get a chance to sign off to his viewers.”

“Details: "Fox News Tonight will air live at 8 PM/ET starting this evening as an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is named," Fox News said in a statement.”

This is interesting.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Santos’ Mysterious Campaign Loans Somehow Get Even More Mysterious

https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-santos-mysterious-campaign-loans-somehow-get-even-more-mysterious?ref=home

"The latest filing changed four things about the more than $700,000 in questionable loans that Santos made to his 2022 campaign: the dates he made them, the dates they came due, the amounts of the individual loans, and the total amount."

“It somehow gets weirder.

Those back-to-back reports, with wildly different loan scenarios, were actually signed by the same person.

That would be the campaign’s new treasurer—one “Andrew Olson,” who replaced Santos’ old treasurer weeks after she resigned in late January. The Daily Beast and other news outlets have still not been able to confirm that Olson, whose name does not appear to be associated with any other federal campaign ever, actually exists. And the treasurer, or whoever completed those two reports, did not explain in the new filing what happened to that $40,000.

“Andrew Olson”—who made more than $100,000 in debts to entities other than Santos magically disappear in the filing before this one—has never been paid. At least according to this filing. Santos, however, paid his previous treasurer thousands of dollars a month, FEC records show.

“We have yet to see anything that points in the direction of his existence,” Libowitz said of Olson.”

Steve Thomas

What do you folks think about Biden announcing his 2024 candidacy today?

My own opinion is that he should step down and open the field to a new slate of Democratic candidates.

He's too old.

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

My own opinion is that he should step down and open the field to a new slate of Democratic candidates.

He's too old.

I agree. He could face a health problem at any time, even while campaigning. The worse time would be between his re-election in November 2024 and his inauguration in January 2025. Chaos would reign supreme. 

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

He's too old.

I agree.