The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Today I was trying to imagine what sort of Black Swan event it would take that could stop the election of Harris from being fait accompli.

I truly could not think of one.

I can -

Something  unexpected happens between now and the actual nomination that precludes the nomination of Kamala Harris.

The DNC and super delegates turn to the one candidate that they really want to be president and the only one provably capable of losing to Donald Trump -> H_ll_r_ Cl_nt_n (wanna buy a vowel)?

I saw in one of the videos that Trump's one-time favorite 'poll', Polymarket, which is not a poll but a betting site and is also not Pollyvote, had Harris ahead so I took a look.

Anyway if Trump loses, this person will not be happy if I'm reading this right:

4,376,933 shares on T to win

Currently worth $1,954K

Down $552K so far.

Edited by Bill Fite
spelling correction

2 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

It's a very sticky wicket in the U.S.

The Fox News watchers have consistently mislabeled Netanyahu critics as, "Hamas supporters."

In their binary logic, they can't conceptualize being critical of both Hamas and Netanyahu.

4 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

I can -

Something  unexpected happens between now and the actual nomination that precludes the nomination of Kamala Harris.

The DNC and super delegates turn to the one candidate that they really want to be president and the only one provably capable of losing to Donald Trump -> H_ll_r_ Cl_nt_n (wanna buy a vowel)?

You don't really think that's going to happen, do you Bill? I give it zero odds that she'd even be the alternative. Suicide, too much negative! They just got out of an action to avoid suicide. And Harris proved any newer , younger candidate would get a bounce!

3 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Anyway if Trump loses, this person will not be happy if I'm reading this right:

4,376,933 shares on T to win

Currently worth $1,954K

Down $552K so far.

Just to put it in perspective. He bought  $2 million 506,000, which is now down to $1,954,000, or a loss of 22%. So with 4 million shares worth around 2.5 million. I guess each share is worth around .50 apiece?

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

You don't really think that's going to happen, do you Bill? I give it zero odds that she'd even be the alternative. Suicide, too much negative! They just got out of an action to avoid suicide. And Harris proved any newer , younger candidate would get a bounce!

No - I don't think it could happen, but it is the one way that would lead to a Trump win.  It was the nightmare scenario when Biden was being urged to drop out.  I do hope neither one of the Clintons are speakers at the convention.

I had to live through the nightmare of a Hillary Clinton nomination and campaign for president once - twice would be a lot to ask.

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Just to put it in perspective. He bought  $2 million 506,000, which is now down to $1,954,000, or a loss of 22%. So with 4 million shares worth around 2.5 million. I guess each share is worth around .50 apiece?

Yes - I read it as he bought 4 million or so shares for about 2.5 million $$ that have declined in the market to a 1.9 million $$ value.

And looking at the plots on the bets on Biden - if (s)he had put that money on Biden to win election - NO - it would have been a > $1 million jackpot.

But you know what they say about a Trump supporter and his money - they'll soon be parted.

Edited by Bill Fite

- J.D. Vance -

"I honor every member of every branch of our armed forces, but the one thing that I think the Marines really do well is we have the best motto," Vance said. "I'm biased with Semper Fidelis — always faithful, right?"

"You hear Marines say it all the time, Semper Fi, and to me, what it means is that Marines are always faithful to our country," he continued. "I want to expound upon it because I really do think that Donald Trump exemplifies that motto ...”

Okay

These people really do live in their own little world, don't they?

Steve Thomas

Revealed: Shell oil non-profit donated to anti-climate groups behind Project 2025

A US foundation associated with the oil company Shell has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to religious right and conservative organizations, many of which deny that climate change is a crisis, tax records reveal.

Fourteen of those groups are on the advisory board of Project 2025, a conservative blueprint proposing radical changes to the federal government, including severely limiting the Environment Protection Agency.

Shell USA Company Foundation sent $544,010 between 2013 and 2022 to organizations that broadly share an agenda of building conservative power, including advocating against LGBTQ+ rights, restricting access to abortions, creating school lesson plans that downplay climate change and drafting a suite of policies aimed at overhauling the federal government.

Matt, of course placating all of Fox's wishes would be courting  climate disaster.

But there is no relief in sight. The heads of industry are predicting we'll need 40% more energy in 10 years to build A-I data centers and crypto mining facilities!

We've made the long term  decision to court climate disaster. I suppose once we're spending a billion a day to just counteract the effects of climate change, something budget wise, will give.

Kind of sad it won't be because people are fed up with screwing with our Earth!