The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

7 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Here is the Black Swan event  that could happen. I have sent a letter with a five-page thoroughly researched attachment to FBI Director Christoher Wray showing how Kamala could suffer the same fate that Biden did after his disastrous performance in his June 27 debate with Trump. As CNN reported at the time, "Jill Biden says after the debate President Biden told her, 'I don't know what happened. I didn't feel that great.'" Kamala could be subjected to the same microwave technology that affected Biden's mental acuity on June 27 when she gives her acceptance speech Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago and/or on September 10 when she debates Trump in Philadelphia. In my letter to Wray, I asked that if he believes based on the information that I provided that such an event could happen that he take the necessary steps to protect Kamala.

Doug, by all means pursue that. But in my mind, the performance from Biden was completely logical and exactly what I had been fearing. The only hope I could tell myself was that Biden performed better than I expected in the debates in 2020. Still I'd seen such a difference over the last 3 years in Biden's performance. 

Even weeks later, when his political life was on the line, if he wasn't reading from a teleprompter, he wasn't doing any better. Confusing Zelensky with Putin?!

It ended up turning out as good as it could have. Getting the early debate was the break of our nation's life.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YHouse Republicans release their impeachment report on Biden but the next steps are uncertain
BY  LISA MASCARO AND FARNOUSH AMIRI August 19, 2024
https://apnews.com/article/house-republicans-joe-biden-impeachment-0659ac1d6bca42332647fddd0f9150fb

WASHINGTON (AP) — "House Republicans have released their initial impeachment inquiry report on President Joe Biden, alleging an abuse of power and obstruction of justice in the financial dealings of his son Hunter Biden and family associates.
The nearly yearlong inquiry by Republicans stops short of alleging any criminal wrongdoing by the president. Instead, the almost 300-page report out Monday, the opening day of the Democratic National Convention, covers familiar ground, asserting the Biden family traded on its “brand” in business ventures in corrupt ways that rise to the Constitution’s high bar for impeachment."

The House Republicans are nothing if not amateurish and clumsy.
Releasing this on Monday, the first day of the DNC Convention is pure coincidence, I tell you. Pure coincidence.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Trump’s First Harris Campaign Attack Ad Has Some Embarrassingly Misleading Elements

By Ben Blanchet Aug 19, 2024,

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-border-harris-attack-ad-misleading_n_66c2d23ae4b00547468b99c3\

“Donald Trump tied Vice President Kamala Harris to “America’s border crisis” in a campaign ad that showed a series of misleading images, including those from the former president’s first term, the Washington Post has revealed.

A narrator for the Trump campaign ad, the first one attacking Harris after she joined the 2024 race last month, declared that Harris had “failed” Americans due to Biden administration policies on the southern border. The ad then heads to a slideshow of images showing people making border crossings.

But at least three of the pictures, which appear to have been taken from Getty Images, were snapped at the U.S.-Mexico border back in 2018 when Trump was in office, the Post noted.

Another photo from the ad was taken in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2019.”

And that's why Trump is going to lose this race. His team is sloppy and amateurish.

Steve Thomas

39 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

And that's why Trump is going to lose this race.

uh..... well.... I always try to remember to: 

• Never over-estimate the wisdom of the American voter.

Because when I look back on the choices in my voting lifetime, I can't believe the list of winners.

Actually, thinking about that I'd change it to

• It's impossible to under-estimate the wisdom of the American voter.
Edited by Bill Fite

And speaking of baseball....

Everyone knows you can’t be in two places at the same time. Those are the rules — the immutable rules of physics.

Ah, but who knew you can play for two teams in the same baseball game? Those are also the rules — the wacky suspended-game rules of baseball.

So next Monday, if all the forces in the universe line up right, Boston Red Sox catcher Danny Jansenwill go where no baseball-playing human has ever gone before. Not in the big leagues anyway.

In a week, he could become the first player in major-league history to appear in a box score for both teams in the same game. And here’s our plea to the forces in the universe: This needs to happen!

“Oh, man,” Jansen told The Athletic the other day. “It’s going to be nuts.”

For the last 54 days, since June 26, he has been stuck in the batter’s box at Fenway Park, frozen in baseball time. Not literally, of course. But this is baseball. So even as everything else around him has swirled in a million different directions, the box score of that game tells us he is still batting.

It was the second inning. He was hitting for the Toronto Blue Jays in Boston, with one out and a runner on first. He had just fouled off a first-pitch cutter. And that was when the weather gods decided it was time to mess with the baseball gods.

So those raindrops turned into a rain delay. That rain delay turned into a suspended game. The resumption of that game was scheduled for Aug. 26. And then …

The trade deadline happened. And Jansen got traded, for the first time in his career — to the team the Blue Jays were playing that night, the Red Sox. So friends, history beckons.

link to article in The Athletic

interesting article including Juan Soto homered in a game suspended from before his debut in the ML, etc.

19 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Yes, I name Russia in my letter.

Doug,

The Havana Syndrome literature is disturbing stuff.

Some research people believe that pulsed radio frequencies from distances of up to 500 to 1,000 yards can cause a post-concussive syndrome, including cognitive disturbances that persist for months, in some cases.

I wonder if Biden has experienced any of the classic symptoms.

It doesn't seem like a stretch to think that the Russian GRU might use this technology to help re-elect Putin's compromised Agent Orange.

Edited by W. Niederhut

12 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Doug, by all means pursue that. But in my mind, the performance from Biden was completely logical and exactly what I had been fearing. The only hope I could tell myself was that Biden performed better than I expected in the debates in 2020. Still I'd seen such a difference over the last 3 years in Biden's performance. 

Even weeks later, when his political life was on the line, if he wasn't reading from a teleprompter, he wasn't doing any better. Confusing Zelensky with Putin?!

It ended up turning out as good as it could have. Getting the early debate was the break of our nation's life.

The old saying applies: Be careful what you wish for. The Russians wished to destroy Biden as a viable re-election candidate and to assure Trump's victory in November. For a short period of time, it appeared they had succeeded. Then suddenly Kamala appeared and has dominated the political scene ever since. For the Russians, their wish has turned into a nightmare. Their only hope now is to destroy Kamala through some Swan Event and have the election outcome turn into a total paralysis that threatens the continuance of American democracy and of a functioning federal government. 

47 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Doug,

The Havana Syndrome literature is disturbing stuff.

Some research people believe that pulsed radio frequencies from distances of up to 500 to 1,000 yards can cause a post-concussive syndrome, including cognitive disturbances that persist for months, in some cases.

I wonder if Biden has experienced any of the classic symptoms.

It doesn't seem like a stretch to think that the Russian GRU might use this technology to help re-elect Putin's compromised Agent Orange.

Long before Havana Syndrome, the U.S. reported microwaves beamed at an embassy : NPR

From the article: "The National Security Agency confirms there is intelligence information from 2012 associating the hostile country to which Mr. Beck traveled in the late 1990s with a high powered microwave system weapon that may have the ability to weaken, intimidate or kill an enemy over time and without leaving evidence," the letter said.

So, in '68, anti-war protesters crashed the Democratic Convention in Chicago.

Now a similar thing is happening.

Nixon used the Chicago chaos to posture as the "law and order" candidate of the "Silent Majority."

My hunch is that Mango Mussolini will imitate Nixon, by denouncing the Democratic chaos.

In both cases, the protesters have had legitimate complaints, but they, ultimately, hurt their own anti-war causes by facilitating the elections of war mongers.

Trump has already urged Netanyahu to "finish the job" in Gaza.