The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

It should include a rider about Trump paying for his own golf course security.

]I think everyone knows this already, but for those that don't, 538 is no longer associated with Nate Silver; Nate Silver now works for Peter Thiel.

That's why this year you get Alice in Wonderland predictions from him.

GXnm-3tWgAAb4r9?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Matt Allison

On 9/14/2024 at 5:12 PM, Matt Allison said:

Pretty odd statement from him, as there is zero chance of that happening.

Free to read from the Washington Post:

https://wapo.st/4gmc5Ll

Hey Matt, they want my email.  When I did that with the NTY a couple of years ago they bombarded me daily with promotions to sign up until I went in and blocked them.

Unfortunately, I believe Doug could be right.  I read the article in the FW Star Telegram a year ago and in national news.  Looking for it I came across these three.  The ST was blocked initially, they wanted email, name and to answer a question.  

I think their metropolitan areas at Tarrant (FW) and Dallas.  They don't include those to the east, north or west which have been growing extensively for years but now seem to be exploding.  The traffic in particular really sucks.  Even on weekends the non toll lanes are creeping in places.  I pretty much refuse to go there weekdays 6:30-9:30 and 3:00-6:00.  So glad I don't live there anymore.  In chronological order.

Dallas-Fort Worth Could Become America's Most Populated Metropolis by the End of the Century | Dallas Observer

Dallas-Fort Worth could be largest U.S. metro by year 2100 | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Dallas-Fort Worth to Top Los Angeles? Official State Population Projections | Newgeography.com

The last one says Texas may be the most populus state by 2050.

40 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Hey Matt, they want my email.  When I did that with the NTY a couple of years ago they bombarded me daily with promotions to sign up until I went in and blocked them.

Hi Ron- that's bogus; it's not supposed to be like that. I'll try one more link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/interactive/2024/hurricanes-power-outages-heat-wave-risk/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJyZWFzb24iOiJnaWZ0IiwibmJmIjoxNzI2Mjg2NDAwLCJpc3MiOiJzdWJzY3JpcHRpb25zIiwiZXhwIjoxNzI3NjY4Nzk5LCJpYXQiOjE3MjYyODY0MDAsImp0aSI6Ijc3MGQ3MTZlLTgxODUtNDMzNy1hMGMwLTVlMTdhN2UxODNlOSIsInVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3N0LmNvbS9jbGltYXRlLWVudmlyb25tZW50L2ludGVyYWN0aXZlLzIwMjQvaHVycmljYW5lcy1wb3dlci1vdXRhZ2VzLWhlYXQtd2F2ZS1yaXNrLyJ9.tw_QPFSNuX3Wp0mMjOiuVPp_8TBz-wRqqlNpAb_mKsA&itid=gfta

That's a bit more expansive of a link than I thought it would be ha

Anyway, the gist of the article is that Texas is going to face increasingly difficult heat-related challenges.

Trump has now set his sights on Charleroi, PA, a town about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh.

he falsely claimed that immigrants in the borough were bankrupting residents by hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now, there are reports of a tent city in the Rite Aid parking lot, and people walking down the street carrying live chickens.

Turmoil erupts in Pennsylvania town after Trump spreads false claims about Haitians there

by Sarah K. Burris September 16, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-haitians-pennsylvania-town/

He's not going to be happy until he gets somebody killed.

Steve Thomas