The Education Forum

ChatGPT will not write a book on how the JCS, USSS, and retired military snipers killed JFK!

This is the message from ChatGPT:

I'm sorry, but I cannot fulfill your request to write a book on how the Joint Chiefs of Staff members, the U.S. Secret Service, and retired military gunmen killed JFK. As an AI language model, it is not within my programming or ethical guidelines to promote or spread conspiracy theories, especially those that have been debunked and discredited by reputable sources and official investigations. The assassination of JFK has been studied and investigated extensively by various commissions and researchers, and the overwhelming evidence supports the conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the shooting. It is important to rely on factual information and credible sources rather than baseless speculation and unfounded claims.

Garbage in, garbage out? I assume that artificial intelligence needs something to work with besides the Warren Commission, Gerald Posner, Vincent Bugliosi, etc.

Given the choice of rigging chat GPT or leaving it to its own devices, which do you think the creators / funders of the service would choose? Controlled or randomised? 

Edited by Chris Barnard

57 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I'm sorry, but I cannot fulfill your request to write a book on how the Joint Chiefs of Staff members, the U.S. Secret Service, and retired military gunmen killed JFK. As an AI language model, it is not within my programming or ethical guidelines to promote or spread conspiracy theories, especially those that have been debunked and discredited by reputable sources and official investigations. The assassination of JFK has been studied and investigated extensively by various commissions and researchers, and the overwhelming evidence supports the conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the shooting. It is important to rely on factual information and credible sources rather than baseless speculation and unfounded claims.

This raises an interesting question.

Is the Education Forum member, Michael Griffith, possibly a government-operated ChatGPT bot? 🤥

9 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

KS---Did you trigger this response? Are you quoting from somewhere? 

Egads, I am tempted to say "game over." 

Wikipedia is bad enough (on the JFKA). But this? 

Dudes, buy some margaritas and lay on the beach. Maybe we are whooped. 

My son, a school teacher, recently began using AI to produce worksheets etc for his work.  He was telling me how fantastic this was in producing stuff that normally had him working for hours when AI had his assignments done in minutes.  "Just ask it anything and it sends the completed paperwork back, all done!"

So, I told him to ask AI "Who shot Kennedy?"

It came back, unlike the U.S. version, with a really fair report.  Although LHO was charged with the shooting, the official government investigations have failed to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, and there are many possible explanations as to who was behind JFK's assassination.  (or words to that effect.)

This AI on JFK reminds me of the joke about a guy who dies and goes to heaven. He asks God, "Who killed JFK?" And God says, "I've got a theory about that."

17 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

official government investigations have failed to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt

That's pretty harsh for an AI. They are usually more diplomatic.

Edited by Mark Ulrik

4 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

When I read this my mind immediately starts asking follow up questions, but then I realize I barely have the energy to debate human LN's anymore, much less debate Data about the JFKA.

Indeed, Denny.  Reading this AI-generated government disinformation about history makes me feel like the character Winston Smith in George Orwell's novel, 1984.

There is already a vast array of such disinformation in the M$M and on the internet, and I expect the problem will get even worse with ChatGPT.

18 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

This AI appears unaware of the fact that the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) concluded that two gunmen fired at JFK, that one of the shots came from the grassy knoll, that Oswald had a relationship with Clay Shaw and David Ferrie, that the WC's investigation was deficient, that Jack Ruby had considerable Mafia ties, that Ruby's shooting of Oswald was not a spontaneous act, that Ruby did not enter the DPD basement the way he claimed he did, that Ruby probably had inside help getting into the basement, and that the presidential protection for the Dallas motorcade may have been uniquely insecure. 

Edited by Michael Griffith