The Education Forum

Jeff Morley Ponders the JFKA, JFK Records, and RFK Jr.

The Latest From JFK Facts

Does RFK Jr. Help or Hurt the Cause of Full JFK Disclosure?

Some thoughts on a question a lot of people are asking

JUN 7
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2651f285-5b04-4af0-90c9-6e545717fcaf_558x706.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  

A JFK Facts reader, @JimLoving, asked me and anti-conspiratorial writer @GeraldPosner the following question about @RobertKennedyJr:

Does RFK Jr.'s new platform and his beliefs on the death of his uncle and father hurt the cause of full disclosure or help it, given his other positions?

Those of us who have been seeking full JFK disclosure for the past decade (JFK Facts was founded in 2012) always welcome like-minded elected officials who stand up for full disclosure, such as conservative Rep. David Schweikert of Arizona and liberal Steve Cohen of Tennessee. A few years ago, I had the pleasure of getting to know the late Walter B. Jones of North Carolina, the representative who was the epitome of a die-hard conservative white Southern gentleman, and an eloquent voice on the JFK story. 

So I find RFK Jr’s statement on his uncle’s murder courageous and consistent with the evidence. I think his case is strong, though I disagree with his claim that it has been proven “beyond a reasonable doubt.” That seems hyperbolic.

Do RFK Jr.’s other positions harm the cause of full JFK disclosure?

Logically speaking, I don’t think so. After all, his positions on vaccines and the Ukraine war are recent. The facts of those issues do not — and cannot — change the facts of the JFK story. Let’s say RFK Jr. is totally wrong about COVID and Putin. That wouldn’t change anything about happened in 1963. 

For example, it would not negate what we have learned in recent years about CIA covert operations involving Oswald in late 1963 or the Agency’s “deliberate” misleading of the Assassination Records Review Board about one of the officers involved in those operations.

Another way to think about the issue is: Does RFK Jr.’s call for full JFK disclosure hurt his candidacy?

Interested voters don’t seem to care. In his Twitter Spaces chat-a-thon with Elon Musk on June 5, RFK Jr. did not talk about JFK’s assassination once in a two-and-a-half-hour conversation, except to say his family had been wounded by gun violence. Musk didn’t bring up the CIA and November 22, nor did any other speaker. (Most of the audience comments submitted to RFK Jr. concerned gun control.) The JFK story does not define his candidacy, and his candidacy does not define the cause of full JFK disclosure.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  
RFK Jr. at his home in California 

Note too, that Biden is not attacking Kennedy for his JFK comments. Instead, the White House is saying off the record to Semafor, and any other news outlet that will listen, that it will ignore RFK Jr. He’s a “problem,”according to Politico. We’re not going to talk about him, says the White House. Well, only off the record. Believe us, we’re paying no attention to him. But don’t quote us. And so on. Perhaps they doth protest too much. 

What do the polls tell us? On the JFK issue, RFK Jr. is voicing the view of a solid bipartisan, pan-ideological majority, according to a statistically valid Bendixen & Amandi poll of 2022 midterm election voters. Biden’s position is favored by only 14 percent of Democrats. Arithmetically speaking, JFK’s assassination is not a losing issue for RFK Jr.

(See JFK Facts, “JFK 2022: Solid Bipartisan Support for Full Disclosure.”)

If the CIA Obeys the Law

I hear RFK Jr. saying full JFK disclosure will vindicate his interpretation of November 22. So if the CIA obeys the law (always a big if when it comes to JFK’s assassination) then RFK Jr.’s beliefs will be tested — which would be a good thing. Yet the the CIA resists full disclosure. To me that shows the leadership in Langley prefers non-compliance with the JFK Records Act to discrediting skeptics of the official theory like RFK Jr. That too can be taken as a sign of the strength of his position.

Furthermore, RFK Jr. is in a place to call attention to the CIA’s ill-named Transparency Plan, by which it intends to rewrite the JFK Records Act and bury certain CIA records ahead of the 2024 election. (No, this is not a conspiracy theory. It’s a factual revelation based on a close reading of Biden’s December 2022 order, a basic journalistic task that most Washington political reporters have so far shirked. But, have no fear, JFK Facts correspondent Chad Nagle has the story.)

Because RFK Jr. lost a father and an uncle to gun violence, he is uniquely credible on the issue, not just on the historical realities but on its personal impact and meaning today. It is a position that tends to affirm his authenticity, an indefinable and attractive quality that his father had. His views on COVID (and public health) and Ukraine (and endless wars) are more controversial, but I don’t think they hurt his credibility on November 22. 

Just now, Denny Zartman said:

Enough with the RFK Jr. spam, @Benjamin Cole . Your agenda is obvious and embarrassing.

This is the latest column from Jeff Morley, a very serious JFKA researcher, regarding the one candidate who will open up the JFK Records. 

I cannot fathom this is not of intense interest among those in the JFKA research community. 

What "agenda"? 

I want the JFK Records opened up?

That is an "agenda"? 

Jeff is doing a nice job covering this issue.

Thanks.

I couldn't believe it when I saw on the news that a list of RFK Jr.'s beliefs includes the idea that the mass shootings in this country are caused by antidepressants. And I thought that I had heard it all. I Googled the subject, and found that apparently this is based on something that he saw in a post on Instagram. Another feather in the cap of the (anti)social media.

This article doesn't mention him, it's not about him, but it covers the subject for those interested:

Fact check: No link found between antidepressants and school shootings

So does stuff like this, like seeing the Ukraine war "through Russia's eyes," (IOW what's wrong with war crimes and genocide?), etc., help or hurt the cause of full JFK disclosure? I can't see how it helps.

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

I couldn't believe it when I saw on the news that a list of RFK Jr.'s beliefs includes the idea that the mass shootings in this country are caused by antidepressants. And I thought that I had heard it all. I Googled the subject, and found that apparently this is based on something that he saw in a post on Instagram. Another feather in the cap of the (anti)social media.

This article doesn't mention him, it's not about him, but it covers the subject for those interested:

Fact check: No link found between antidepressants and school shootings

So does stuff like this, like seeing the Ukraine war "through Russia's eyes," (IOW what's wrong with war crimes and genocide?), etc., help or hurt the cause of full JFK disclosure? I can't see how it helps.

Ron,

Equally shocking to me was RFK, Jr.'s recent praise for Elon Musk, for allegedly "saving Democracy."   

Meanwhile, the right-wing MAGA media moguls continue to fluff RFK, Jr.-- presumably to undermine Biden and the Democratic Party.

Right-wing media are continuing to prop up RFK Jr.'s bid for president | Media Matters for America

Does anyone really believe that Rupert Murdoch, Elon Musk, and the right-wing media moguls are progressive Democrats?  🙄

One RFK, Jr. critic lately is Russ Baker, my favorite investigative journalist (and JFKA Truther.)

Baker has been getting flak from some of his subscribers for pointing out RFK, Jr.'s serious errors in judgment.

More Indications RFK Jr.’s Anti-Vaccine Claims Have Little Basis - WhoWhatWhy

9 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

Equally shocking to me was RFK, Jr.'s recent praise for Elon Musk, for allegedly "saving Democracy."   

Meanwhile, the right-wing MAGA media moguls continue to fluff RFK, Jr.-- presumably to undermine Biden and the Democratic Party.

Right-wing media are continuing to prop up RFK Jr.'s bid for president | Media Matters for America

Does anyone really believe that Rupert Murdoch, Elon Musk, and the right-wing media moguls are progressive Democrats?  🙄

I just saw a credible theory that what these right-wingers are really doing is grooming RFK Jr. to run as a third party candidate. To take away votes, of course, from Biden.

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jeff is doing a nice job covering this issue.

Thanks.

Exactly. We are closely watching the progress and media treatment of the one candidate---RFK Jr.---who will open up the JFK Records. 

I may, or may not, disagree with RFK Jr.'s views on any particular topic. RFK Jr. is running as a Democrat. 

IMHO, RFK Jr. is worth supporting as he will open up the JFK Records, due to his family history. 

I just saw a credible theory that what these right-wingers are really doing is grooming RFK Jr. to run as a third party candidate. To take away votes, of course, from Biden.

RFK, Jr.'s most serious flaw, IMO, is that he doesn't understand science-- as in the case of his anti-vaccine disinformation, and blaming antidepressants for America's epidemic of gun homicides.

It's a total cop out on the gun control issue.

And, not surprisingly, our main RFK, Jr. booster on the forum is a guy who repeatedly denied Trump's historic J6 coup attempt and refused to watch the Congressional J6 hearings.

20 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

RFK, Jr.'s most serious flaw, IMO, is that he doesn't understand science--

Ironically he does understand that Oswald shooting his uncle and Sirhan shooting his father were both scientifically impossible. (Magic bullets, one shot from behind to hit JFK in front, one shot from in front to hit RKF from behind.) Or he may just base the truth on what other people have told him. I don't recall reading about his rationale in believing the obvious.

I am sure we all have political views, and some want to convert the EF-JFKA forum into a platform for their political views, and their views only. 

I am closely following RFK Jr. (as is acknowledged JFKA researcher Jeff Morley), and the RFK Jr. bid for the Presidency, and media treatment thereof.

In fact, in this post all I did was re-post Morley's commentary, with zero commentary from me.

Any EF-JFKA commenter might try to hijack this post with lengthy commentary on the shortcomings or virtues of Biden or Trump or DeSantis or Pence. Or RFK Jr. 

But for the EF-JFKA, the important point is---which candidate will open up the JFK Records? 

That is not what he said about mass shootings.

He said that was ONE of the reasons for them.

And Elon Musk did help democracy by exposing him to a wide audience.

That interview has literally millions of views.

He talked about his speech hindrance on the--I think his name is Scermonish-- interview.

Besides Williamson, Bobby Kennedy Jr. is the only candidate talking about the real issues, and unlike her, he is addressing the assassinations and the closed records.

Edited by James DiEugenio

19 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is not what he said about mass shootings.

He said that was ONE of the reasons for them.

Not exactly. He said “there’s a tremendous circumstantial evidence [that] SSRIs and benzos and other drugs are doing this.” And he said “prior to the introduction of Prozac, we had almost none of these events in our country.” Sounds to me like he’s pretty much blaming these events on drugs.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/robert-f-kennedy-jr-conspiracy-theory-twitter-elon-musk-1234747479/

Not exactly. He said “there’s a tremendous circumstantial evidence [that] SSRIs and benzos and other drugs are doing this.” And he said “prior to the introduction of Prozac, we had almost none of these events in our country.” Sounds to me like he’s pretty much blaming these events on drugs.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/robert-f-kennedy-jr-conspiracy-theory-twitter-elon-musk-1234747479/

Yeah, for a former heroin addict, RFK, Jr. is surprisingly ignorant, and inappropriately negative, about therapeutic psychopharmacology.

It's a shame, because he has a fan club that believes his anti-scientific bunk.

His inaccurate beliefs about Prozac mirror the Scientology disinformazia on the subject.

In contrast, JFK inspired America's Mental Health Center legislation.