The Education Forum

Naomi Klein Rebukes RFK, Jr.'s "Counterfeit Populism"

On 6/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Whoopie. Is that what you think too William - that he’s a fake? 

Paul,

Where does RFK, Jr. stand on some of the major domestic and foreign policy crises of our time-- the rise of the anti-democracy, proto-fascist Trump cult, Putin's brutal, illegal war against Ukraine, wealth inequality and the Reaganomic national debt, gun homicides, etc.??

Is RFK, Jr. a champion of progressive, liberal democracy?  Is he a bona fide progressive?

Has he condemned Trumplicon fascism and Putin's fascist dictatorship?

Has he advocated gun control?

Has he advocated increasing taxes on the rich?

Thus far, most of his fluffing has happened on the plutocratic Faux News Anti-Biden Propaganda network.

Edited by W. Niederhut

• 1 month later...

It would behoove John Cotter to study the history of Republican "supply side" tax cuts for the wealthy during the past 40 years of U.S. history, and the related increase in U.S. wealth inequality.

John seems to be persistently delusional about the alleged "plutocratic" equivalence of America's two political parties, in relation to major issues like tax policy, labor policies, and healthcare funding.

And where does RFK, Jr. stand on these critical policy issues?

Has RFK, Jr. criticized plutocratic Republican tax, labor, and healthcare policies?

Or is he a pseudo-populist playing to the Fox MAGA-verse?

Yeah Re: RFK,  I would  say, roll back a little of what his uncle did, and slap a wealth tax on his ass!

See how he'd like that!

I've seen nothing like that in his platform.

Maybe he's become so desperate, he's going to start mentioning actual policies and throw us a few crumbs!

The irony is, if he had taken up where his father left off, and had a platform more like Bernie Sanders.and lost some of his eccentricities,

We might have a real interesting race right now. But he doesn't have it in  him.

Instead he actually attacks Biden from the right?

What an idiot!

As explained here, @W. Niederhut and @Kirk Gallaway have validated RFK Jr’s economic stance by their failure to logically rebut it.

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

As explained here, @W. Niederhut and @Kirk Gallaway have validated RFK Jr’s economic stance by their failure to logically rebut it.

John,

I confess that I am not a YouTube scholar.

But I wonder if you would be so kind as to describe the differences in U.S. Republican and Democratic tax, labor, and healthcare policies during the past 40 years, and the differences, if any, between these and RFK, Jr.'s policy positions.

25 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

John,

I confess that I am not a YouTube scholar.

But I wonder if you would be so kind as to describe the differences in U.S. Republican and Democratic tax, labor, and healthcare policies during the past 40 years, and the differences, if any, between these and RFK, Jr.'s policy positions.

I must confess that I don’t chase red herrings presented in internet forums by individuals who’ve been exposed as serial saboteurs of rational discourse.

41 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

I must confess that I don’t chase red herrings presented in internet forums by individuals who’ve been exposed as serial saboteurs of rational discourse.

No problem, John.  That admirable habit shouldn't prevent you from answering my basic question (above) about the comparative tax, labor, and healthcare policies of Republicans, Democrats, and RFK, Jr.

Where is RFK, Jr. on the policy spectrum for these issues that so profoundly impact the welfare and prosperity of the citizenry?

For example, would RFK, Jr. roll back Republican tax cuts for corporations and billionaires?

Would he support funding of Democratic programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare?

Would he support the labor unions, which are now endorsing Joe Biden?

Edited by W. Niederhut

21 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

No problem, John.  That admirable habit shouldn't prevent you from answering my basic question (above) about the comparative tax, labor, and healthcare policies of Republicans, Democrats, and RFK, Jr.

Where is RFK, Jr. on the policy spectrum for these issues that so profoundly impact the welfare and prosperity of the citizenry?

For example, would RFK, Jr. roll back Republican tax cuts for corporations and billionaires?

Would he support funding of Democratic programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare?

Would he support the labor unions, which are now endorsing Joe Biden?

As I said, William, I don’t chase those kinds of red herrings.

Meanwhile, I see that you’ve still not specified any flaws in that presentation by RFK Jr of his economic policies.

I’m sure he’d be chuffed about your thus unwitting validation of those policies.

21 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Meanwhile, I see that you’ve still not specified any flaws in that presentation by RFK Jr of his economic policies.

I’m sure he’d be chuffed about your thus unwitting validation of those policies.

Huh?  Red herring?

We're talking about major U.S. public policy fundamentals that impact the welfare and prosperity of the citizenry, John.

Explain how RFK, Jr.'s economic policy proposals (on taxes, healthcare, and labor) differ from those of progressive Democrats and the right wing, plutocratic Republican Party.

You seem confused about the reality of the American political spectrum.

Edited by W. Niederhut

17 hours ago, John Cotter said:

lol, of course you don't! Here's a tasty red herring for the neo-conservatives: does RFK Jr. want a seat at that fascist, governing table as some in america currently think, think is being formed as some here spar over assassination case evidence? If so, I suspect Uncle Joe Kennedy Jr., RFK and JFK would want a little clarity regarding his position and reasoning...