The Education Forum

ANGLETON And The COWBOY

11 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Thanks, Paul.  And yes, our focus is on the cowboy, not the Israeli connections.  

He's not identified.

Uh... the name of the image is Angleton-Malam-1-2000x1125.jpg. I'd check Malam as the last name first.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Uh... the name of the image is Angleton-Malam-1-2000x1125.jpg. I'd check Malam as the last name first.

@Bob Ness I'm not seeing "Malam".
Other versions.  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:James_Jesus_Angleton?fbclid=IwAR04mBA7SxD9YZypaHfuh3e_PtckKxW_g-NpStbffQgaiLk6O4gL4YWoHS0

59 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Click on your link. Right click on the image and select "Open Image in New Window" or whatever it says in your browser. Look at the top of the browser and the image will be listed on the tab, the address bar or you could "Save As" and see the name there. Trust me it says "Angelton-Malam-1-2000x1125.jpg". I assume his last name is "Malam".

Edited by Bob Ness

Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee discovers the Chief himself had already broken into Mary Meyer's garden art studio ahead of him just hours after Mary was gunned down on the river walk pathway in the middle of the day with no witnesses.

Both looking for Mary's red book dairy?

Now THERE'S a story worth pondering.

5 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Malam is not a proper name.

MALAM, in Hebrew, is an acronym for "Israel Intelligence Heritage and Commemoration Center," an organization that was established to honor the memories of Israel’s intelligence community who fell in the line of duty.

Here is link referencing the organization:

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/an-intelligence-think-tank

MALAM is the organization that released the photograph, hench why it's name is embedded in the digital copy of it.

Edited by Robert Montenegro

Fwiw, if you Google Meir Amit and look at images this cowboy photo shows up. He was the head of Mossad for many years. What was he doing dressed up in a cowboy suit? Good question. They were probably in Texas. Whatever the circumstances of the photo, it is more likely in my opinion to be Amit. 

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Fwiw, if you Google Meir Amit and look at images this cowboy photo shows up. He was the head of Mossad for many years. What was he doing dressed up in a cowboy suit? Good question. They were probably in Texas. Whatever the circumstances of the photo, it is more likely in my opinion to be Amit. 

Amit's face is more chiseled. I believe from photos I've seen, he is shorter than cowboy.  Wasn't Angleton over 6'0"

Cowboy is entirely comfortable in the cowboy gear as if he's from the region. The jewelry appears to be his own and not costume. Why would Amit own SW jewelry.  Not every man can wear a cowboy hat comfortably. 

A new candidate: Lee Elmer Echols

11 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Click on your link. Right click on the image and select "Open Image in New Window" or whatever it says in your browser. Look at the top of the browser and the image will be listed on the tab, the address bar or you could "Save As" and see the name there. Trust me it says "Angelton-Malam-1-2000x1125.jpg". I assume his last name is "Malam".

See Paul's post for definition of MALAM.

I believe the photo originated from Amit's collection and was turned over to the center.

Cowboy is from the US and is genuinely familiar with if not a native of the Southwest. He likely drives the Straliner, and likely made a quite comfortable living.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

9 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Malam is not a proper name.

MALAM, in Hebrew, is an acronym for "Israel Intelligence Heritage and Commemoration Center," an organization that was established to honor the memories of Israel’s intelligence community who fell in the line of duty.

Here is link referencing the organization:

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/an-intelligence-think-tank

MALAM is the organization that released the photograph, hench why it's name is embedded in the digital copy of it.

Aha! Well done, didn't know that.

10 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee discovers the Chief himself had already broken into Mary Meyer's garden art studio ahead of him just hours after Mary was gunned down on the river walk pathway in the middle of the day with no witnesses.

Both looking for Mary's red book dairy?

Now THERE'S a story worth pondering.

Agree Joe, but the questions aren't mutually exclusive.  Lafitte indicates he is privy to details in 1964 that can be interpreted as "clean up" to suggest his/the project was a soup to nuts operation.  All intended for the softcover edition or sequel to Coup in Dallas.

Another candidate for cowboy, courtesy of an experienced interested party:

Lee Elmer Echols, The Sheriff of Yuma County Jan. 1961 - Dec. 1962.

https://www.yumacountysheriff.org/sheriff-echols.htm

Some on the forum may be familiar with the following fairly dated assertions related to Echols. I'm skeptical of anything with "Chauncey Holt" woven into the story, but so is the author.

Look for Lee Echols in the Kennedy papers today

I've done a considerable amount of research on the subject of JFK's assassination, and I have reason to believe that a man named Lee Echols was more involved in this case than has been known publicly.

Oddly enough, I first heard his name through an anonymous confession letter I received several years ago. Here's what I know about Lee:

-He was recruited as an operative of the OSS and later the Central Intelligence Agency after working as a border patrol agent. He spent time in Cuba, working with Fulgencio Batista's pre-revolutionary secret police force, and later in Uruguay where he was a close acquaintance of Dan Mitrione, an American agent who was tragically killed by the Tupamaros guerilla group. Mitrione identified Echols in an interview shortly before Matrione's death.

-He was an internationally renowned marksman who spent some time working for the National Rifle Association.

-He took a break from tradecraft to serve as Sheriff of Yuma County, Arizona from 1960-1962. His tenure was cut short by a series of missteps relating to unauthorized expenditures. It should be noted that, during this time, it has been alleged that much of the CIA-Mafia collusion regarding Castro assassination attempts happened at a mob-owned ranch near Tucson, not far from Echols' jurisdiction.

-Echols was identified by Chauncey Holt, who claimed to be one of the infamous 'Three Tramps' in Dallas, as being a former CIA agent. It should be noted that Holt made several unsubstantiated claims about the Kennedy assassination, and most researchers take his testimony with a grain of salt.

-Echols co-founded the Association of Former Intelligence Officers with none other than David Atlee Phillips, an operative who the HSCA suspected of having met with Lee Oswald prior to the assassination.

There's more, but I simply don't have time to write it all today. Just keep your eyes peeled for more info on him and we'll see if there's something to it. While I don't want to sit here and indict a man I haven't met, and who is no longer here to defend himself, I believe there is more to know about his role.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Another candidate for cowboy, courtesy of an experienced interested party:

Lee Elmer Echols, The Sheriff of Yuma County Jan. 1961 - Dec. 1962.

https://www.yumacountysheriff.org/sheriff-echols.htm

Some on the forum may be familiar with the following fairly dated assertions related to Echols. I'm skeptical of anything with "Chauncey Holt" woven into the story, but so is the author.

Look for Lee Echols in the Kennedy papers today

I've done a considerable amount of research on the subject of JFK's assassination, and I have reason to believe that a man named Lee Echols was more involved in this case than has been known publicly.

Oddly enough, I first heard his name through an anonymous confession letter I received several years ago. Here's what I know about Lee:

-He was recruited as an operative of the OSS and later the Central Intelligence Agency after working as a border patrol agent. He spent time in Cuba, working with Fulgencio Batista's pre-revolutionary secret police force, and later in Uruguay where he was a close acquaintance of Dan Mitrione, an American agent who was tragically killed by the Tupamaros guerilla group. Mitrione identified Echols in an interview shortly before Matrione's death.

-He was an internationally renowned marksman who spent some time working for the National Rifle Association.

-He took a break from tradecraft to serve as Sheriff of Yuma County, Arizona from 1960-1962. His tenure was cut short by a series of missteps relating to unauthorized expenditures. It should be noted that, during this time, it has been alleged that much of the CIA-Mafia collusion regarding Castro assassination attempts happened at a mob-owned ranch near Tucson, not far from Echols' jurisdiction.

-Echols was identified by Chauncey Holt, who claimed to be one of the infamous 'Three Tramps' in Dallas, as being a former CIA agent. It should be noted that Holt made several unsubstantiated claims about the Kennedy assassination, and most researchers take his testimony with a grain of salt.

-Echols co-founded the Association of Former Intelligence Officers with none other than David Atlee Phillips, an operative who the HSCA suspected of having met with Lee Oswald prior to the assassination.

There's more, but I simply don't have time to write it all today. Just keep your eyes peeled for more info on him and we'll see if there's something to it. While I don't want to sit here and indict a man I haven't met, and who is no longer here to defend himself, I believe there is more to know about his role.

Hi Leslie, what are the unsubstantiated claims?

37 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

Leslie, in regards to your post about Chauncey Holt.

Paul, Chauncey Holt has been discredited widely to the extent the facts have been blurred beyond restoration imho, and perhaps by design; it's an area of inquiry that was intriguing decades ago and I had my own personal candidates for the tramps, none of whom was Holt.   Your thoughts?

I remain intrigued by the possibility that Lansdale is the character walking in the opposite direction in one of the tramp photos.

Edited by Leslie Sharp