The Education Forum

Kennedys denounce Bobby, Jr.

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Geez, John, you seem exceptionally surly and disagreeable this evening.

Did someone piss in your Wheaties this morning?  🤥

Honestly, it's a shame that we tend to have these heated disagreements around here.

Ultimately, we all probably have more in common than that which divides us.

For example, any friend of James Joyce and Jorge Luis Borges is a friend of mine.

(BTW, did you know that Borges was half-English, and studied Anglo-Saxon sagas late in life?)

As for Mr. Davies, I'm extremely impressed that his son has been decorated as a Member of the British Empire, for meritorious service to humanity.

What could be better than that, for any parent?

You’re missing the point as usual, William.

I’m not or wasn’t at all surly. On the contrary, I derive great enjoyment from debunking the authoritarian gibberish that most people spout most of the time.

It’s not surprising that you – like most people – find that disagreeable. As Plato said, “No one is more hated than he who tells the truth”.

That’s your problem. This is a debating forum. If you find your nonsense being exposed disagreeable, you shouldn’t be posting here.

As for your racist misconstruction of what I said about QE2 and the British Empire, that’s also your problem. It’s a desperate smear tactic similar to Pat Speer’s Holocaust denial projection.

You’re unable to logically rebut my arguments, so instead you throw mud.

As the Chinese proverb goes, “When you’re throwing mud, you’re losing ground”.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, John Cotter said:

You’re missing the point as usual, William.

I’m not or wasn’t at all surly. On the contrary, I derive great enjoyment from debunking the authoritarian gibberish that most people spout most of the time.

It’s not surprising that you – like most people – find that disagreeable. As Plato said, “No one is more hated than he who tells the truth”.

That’s your problem. This is a debating forum. If you find your nonsense being exposed disagreeable, you shouldn’t be posting here.

As for your racist misconstruction of what I said about QE2 and the British Empire, that’s also your problem. It’s a desperate smear tactic similar to Pat Speer’s Holocaust denial projection.

You’re unable to logically rebut my arguments, so instead you throw mud.

As the Chinese proverb goes, “When you’re throwing mud, you’re losing ground”.

John,

Speaking of "losing ground," my free psychiatric advice for you today is, "When you're stuck in a hole that you've dug, stop digging."  🤥

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

John,

Speaking of "losing ground," my free psychiatric advice for you today is, "When you're stuck in a hole that you've dug, stop digging."  🤥

Thanks for illustrating my point about most people spouting gibberish most of the time.

Your latest irrelevant* offering here underlines the fact that you've still not logically rebutted anything I've said above about the covid scam.

*Some (psycho)logical advice: contrary to what you stupidly intend, by invoking your role as a psychiatrist you actually exacerbate the irrelevance by foregrounding the ad hominem import.

Edited by John Cotter

41 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Thanks for illustrating my point about most people spouting gibberish most of the time.

Your latest irrelevant* offering here underlines the fact that you've still not logically rebutted anything I've said above about the covid scam.

*Some (psycho)logical advice: contrary to what you stupidly intend, by invoking your role as a psychiatrist you actually exacerbate the irrelevance by foregrounding the ad hominem import.

Lighten up, John.  It was a joke, used to exacerbate our common irrelevance.

Meanwhile, how you handle your ground is none of my business-- whether it's foreground, background, underground, or coffee grounds.

On 7/19/2023 at 10:38 AM, John Cotter said:

Pat,

The fact that you dismiss logical analysis based on official covid statistics as “magical thinking” raises serious questions about your cognitive capacity, if not indeed your sanity.

It certainly makes a mockery of your self-styled status as a leading JFKA “researcher”.

But it’s even worse than that. Being obviously unable to engage with my reasoning in a rational and respectful manner, you smear me by a baseless and nonsensical association with Holocaust deniers.

What utterly despicable behaviour.

But thanks anyway for further validating what I’ve said about the covid scam.

You call yourself reasonable. Now let's break this down. I've said I've spoken to dozens of people in the health care industry who saw for themselves the danger of Covid. You tried to counter this with some stats pushed by someone who wasn't there. I then make the proper analogy that this same kind of thinking led some--including people I've known--to claim the holocaust was a hoax. This offended you. So let's bring this back to this forum. We had a prominent member cite experts and videos to make the argument that the trade towers were brought down by energy beams from space, and the planes millions saw crashing into them were holograms. There were people who lost family members or who knew people involved, who found this irresponsible and insulting, and who left the forum as a result. In my case, not only did I personally spend months in the hospital talking to nurses and doctors about Covid, I've spent the last few years talking to my elderly mother--who suddenly found herself without friends at the senior center after a third of them died from Covid and another third stopped socializing from fear of Covid. (The final third died from other causes.) In any event, my mom was a nurse. Her senior social life was destroyed by Covid. It wasn't a hoax. And for you to sit there and call it "the Covid scam" is an embarrassment to the forum. 

Now, to be clear, one can have questions about how it started or how the government responded to it. But to pretend it really wasn't all that bad is disgusting. It is, in fact, quite similar to the behavior of the holocaust-denying friend of mine back in junior high. After hours of discussion, he conceded that millions had died and that his "study" of the holocaust had led him to believe the claims there had been 7 million victims were gross exaggerations. I asked him why he was more offended by an exaggerated number than he was the fact---which he'd conceded--that the Germans had slaughtered millions. He said it bothered him that so many accept the propaganda. I then asked if it was more bothersome that Hitler used propaganda to inspire the hate that led to millions of murders or that the relatives of those who were murdered used propaganda to inflate the numbers who were murdered. As I recall, he said he couldn't see the difference. 

So what, John, has led you down this road? Where you feel the need to attack people whose lives were upset by Covid? I mean, why call it a "scam"? And no no no, don't say the "facts." Hundreds of people, many of whom are smarter than you or I, have looked into this, and came away thinking Covid could have been a heckuva lot worse. The "facts" you cite speak to you. Why? Did you lose a business during the pandemic? Did your social life go ka-put? What was it?

Edited by Pat Speer

I posted proof that the purported covid pandemic was a scam. @W. Niederhut and @Pat Speer haven’t refuted that proof – they haven’t even attempted to refute it.

Instead, they’ve cluttered the thread with irrelevant verbiage of an increasingly ad hominem nature.

They’ve thus validated the proof I posted.

‘Truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it. Ignorance may deride it. Malice may distort it. But there it is.’ (Winston Churchill)