The Education Forum

Dark Complected Man/Radio Man And Umbrella Man

8 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Ron, for what it's worth, from a non expert of these photographs, I think the top one is cropped from Charles Bronson,

and the bottom one is Phil Willis.

Thanks Pete.  After your post I found both pictures in Robert Groden's The Killing of a President.  They both are attributed to Willis there.  The second picture is blown up, fairly clearly, to cover 2 full 9 X 11" pages.  It's very evident in it Umbrella man has moved 6-8' past the Stemmons Freeway sign, and in turn DCM/RM a good bit further.  It's evident they were both moving further down Elm in the very few seconds between the two pictures.

On 8/12/2023 at 12:50 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks Pete.  After your post I found both pictures in Robert Groden's The Killing of a President.  They both are attributed to Willis there. 

Not possible Ron!  Willis took his pics on Elm.  He would have to fly with a red cape on to snap the other shot...just around 30 Zapruder frames after from Main. 

That's Bronson.

Your right of course Pete.  Just going back and looking at the ones on here it's obvious they were taken from different perspectives.  On page 24 is a 5 X 5" of the Willis picture on the bottom half of the page with a caption to the left identifying it.  To the right is a caption for the next page which is a full page uncropped version of the "other" picture we are talking about, no name mentioned.  I inferred the first caption ID applied to both pictures.

I must say, the 9 x 11" on page 25 by Bronson and the two page spread of Willis, both uncropped, while maybe not clearer do make things easier to see.  It's pretty plain that in the time from the limo approaching the sign in Willis to drawing near even with it in Bronson, a very few seconds, Umbrella Man and DCM/RM were on the move quickly.  Maybe not in tandem but in the same direction.  From both 8 - 10' in front of the sign, UM directly behind DCM/RM to UM 6-8' past the sign and DCM/RM maybe 15' or more past it.

8 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Your right of course Pete.  Just going back and looking at the ones on here it's obvious they were taken from different perspectives.  On page 24 is a 5 X 5" of the Willis picture on the bottom half of the page with a caption to the left identifying it.  To the right is a caption for the next page which is a full page uncropped version of the "other" picture we are talking about, no name mentioned.  I inferred the first caption ID applied to both pictures.

I must say, the 9 x 11" on page 25 by Bronson and the two page spread of Willis, both uncropped, while maybe not clearer do make things easier to see.  It's pretty plain that in the time from the limo approaching the sign in Willis to drawing near even with it in Bronson, a very few seconds, Umbrella Man and DCM/RM were on the move quickly.  Maybe not in tandem but in the same direction.  From both 8 - 10' in front of the sign, UM directly behind DCM/RM to UM 6-8' past the sign and DCM/RM maybe 15' or more past it.

Ron, do you draw any speculative conclusions from your UMB/DCM movement scenario above?

You think these fellows were in anyway more involved than simple innocent crowd bystanders?