The Education Forum

Dark Complected Man/Radio Man And Umbrella Man

With respect to the two sperate threads on them and others in the past I think they have to be considered together.  I was convinced several years back that they were working together, involved in the assassination.  While their individual actions still need further discussion, they're interactions are equally important, and indicative of involvement it appears to me.  For reference let's start with the two current threads.

They're actions and interactions are all based on the pictures available, of course.  Which I'm not aware of a comprehensive collection exists.  More especially one with the largest clearest available.  I should check Robin Unger's site.  To my knowledge the pictures available start with JFK's limo approaching the Stemmons Freeway sign and end with DCM/RM walking away towards the triple underpass.   The pictures lead to important questions about they're possible identities, I'd like to discuss the pictures themselves first.  Let's start with these images Mervyn posted in Leslie's thread.  I'm not sure who took them.

1963 - JFK SHOT - UMBRELLA & RADIO MAN.png

In the first photo we see JFK's limo approaching the Stemmons Freeway sign.  With umbrella man on the sidewalk, umbrella open and up, a few feet in front of the Stemmons sign.  Dark complected man/Radio man is standing almost immediately in front of him, in the edge of the street by the curb with his arm sting straight up.

In the second photo the limo has come almost even with the sign, and it seems They have moved as suggested.  UMB Man looks to be behind the sign with his Umbrella still up, DCM/RM is several feet past him, with his arm down.

As evidenced in other photos they sat down together on the curb afterwards.  Was Whitt questioned about that?  I don't remember.  The timing of his coming forward and his testimony is questionable.  Many more questions.

Speculation.

The shooters are keeping a stationary aim, looking through their gunsights, waiting for the vehicle to come into view.

A spotter with his hand up can basically tell them, here it comes, get ready, get ready..

When he lowers his hand, they know, okay, it's time, let's go.

The shooters may potentially have audio support as well - see Stone's recreation in JFK, with a military guy on the radio, a friendly helper next to the shooter, and so on, but a guy in the vicinity with his arm up letting them know visually what was what, mightn't hurt their mission that day, and could have helped. 

Yes, arm up, umbrella up, arm down, umbrella up, what did that mean?  First shot, more shots?  In this sequence would have come JFK's throat shot as he emerged from behind the sign.  That DCM/RM and Umbrella Man were hanging around when the shot's started, and afterwards. 

5 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Speculation.

The shooters are keeping a stationary aim, looking through their gunsights, waiting for the vehicle to come into view.

A spotter with his hand up can basically tell them, here it comes, get ready, get ready..

When he lowers his hand, they know, okay, it's time, let's go.

The shooters may potentially have audio support as well - see Stone's recreation in JFK, with a military guy on the radio, a friendly helper next to the shooter, and so on, but a guy in the vicinity with his arm up letting them know visually what was what, mightn't hurt their mission that day, and could have helped. 

Look at their positions in both photographs in relation to both the advancing cars, and the Stemmons Freeway sign. In one picture both men are to the right, or in front of the sign, and in the next picture both are behind or to the left of the sign, and further apart. Then in Ron's sequence both are sitting down cuddled up to each other as if there wasn't enough free curb for everyone to sit down and spread out. Given that the cars are moving and that these two men are also on the move, it means that a lot of repositioning took place in an incredibly short amount of time. However, the last part where they are sitting, may account for the fact that the Zapruder film was doctored and frames removed which showed that JFK's car had come to a standstill after shots were fired. If the Zapruder film length was shortened, then of course it also means that the time that the two men had to get from their separated standing positions to their squished-up sitting positions is also longer than indicated. One reason for sitting in such close proximity would be to compare notes and take their next movements in a coordinated but not identical directions.

23 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Paul - an interesting comment. Tell us more.

I agree with Larry Hancock and the interview with Hargraves in the back of his book. Tangodown63 is a great resource besides Larry. It's comical a guy would bring an umbrella to the hearing and claimed he still has it from 15 years ago. 

17 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

I agree with Larry Hancock and the interview with Hargraves in the back of his book. Tangodown63 is a great resource besides Larry. It's comical a guy would bring an umbrella to the hearing and claimed he still has it from 15 years ago. 

Thanks Paul

25 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

It's also comical you believe the three Tramps aren't actually the men their arrest records say they are.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

It's also comical you believe the three Tramps aren't actually the men their arrest records say they are.

Let me be clear since you're not. The photos of the Three Tramps in Dealey Plaza are Richard Montoya (Charles Rogers) Charles Harrelson and Chauncey Holt. I have never said that Gedney and the others weren't arrested. Back to ignore and nice job of hijacking the thread.

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Let's start with these images Mervyn posted in Leslie's thread.  I'm not sure who took them.

1963 - JFK SHOT - UMBRELLA & RADIO MAN.png

Ron, for what it's worth, from a non expert of these photographs, I think the top one is cropped from Charles Bronson,

and the bottom one is Phil Willis.

Tim Smith had an entertaining Black Op Radio episode on Witt last year. Episode 1083: 

https://www.blackopradio.com/archives2022.html

I haven’t seen any evidence that Witt was lying, but that doesn’t automatically mean he was telling the truth. Is there any corroborative evidence whatsoever for Witt’s presence in DP that day? Or that he actually went on walks at lunch every day? Or that he ever told his story to anyone ever before the HSCA published photos of UM? Etc. etc. etc.?

I don’t agree with Tink Thompson’s take of “it’s so weird it just might be true”. The fact that some people used umbrellas as a legitimate form of protest is also not enough, IMO. Show me actual evidence that Witt is the real deal and I’ll happily get on board.