The Education Forum

1964 Memorandum from John McCone, Director, CIA re: Oswald

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/21/2023 at 3:59 PM, Joseph Backes said:

Thanks Larry for posting the site with my comments on this.  

I drove down to Archives II from Albany as soon as I heard of this doc.  A RIF # given to me for it did not match it at all.  NARA tried to find it in the Collection and they are of the opinion it is a fake.  The Classified stamp was put upon it by Dick Russell and not by anyone in the intel community.  That stamp is the biggest red flag.  I ran into Malcolm Blunt when I got to Arcchives II and I showed him my copy of it.  We both knew the stamp was definitely questionable and not anything like it on any doc we've ever seen.

It's provenance cannot be ascertained.

Robert Gordon unfortunately clings to it thinking it's real.  

I don't think it is real.  But It has not been 100% proven to be a fake as fas as I know.

Joe

Joe: "I don't think is real. But it has not been 100% proven to be a fake as fas(sic) as I know."

I guess we should just ignore what you write.

• 3 weeks later...

The McCone-Rowley memo is a fake. I don't mean to bump an old thread, but I am sick of seeing memos like these that discredit valid research that pop up here now and then and are taken seriously. Hell, Bob Groden (that prevaricator) had the balls to call this the "smoking gun" memo for his last book (the man has done so much for the community otherwise, too bad). I hope anyone who sees this will not take this memo seriously.