The Education Forum

Yes!

I started investigating the JFK Assassination the day after it happened. Read the 26 volumes twice and ruined my college gpa while doing it. I read a Bazzilion books and now after almost 60 years I am convince the key players on the ground we're from JM Wave. I also have become convinced that John Newman has correctly identified the thugs behind the curtain!

Read Newman's comments-he doesn't need nor want my help. Members of CIA were involved but not the final directors of the event.

Decades ago, a CIA bud said that there were people paid for it who didn't do it and that the folks who actually pulled the trigger did it for free.

11 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Decades ago, a CIA bud said that there were people paid for it who didn't do it and that the folks who actually pulled the trigger did it for free.

Apart from Charles B's question concerning why they didn't name names if they knew, the prior issue is that in any report like this how is this different from reporting anyone else's speculation apart from it may be better-quality speculation, but is still speculation. Just because someone who may be "inside" a suspect agency or with access to the "inside" (maybe) says "xyz is how it happened", how is that different from anyone without specific knowledge saying "here is what I think happened: xyz", i.e. its not substantial, not specific knowledge. 

Did your CIA friend claim to have specific knowledge of persons and logistics?

H.L. Hunt's right-hand-man and "fixer", John Curington, speculated to me about how he thought it happened: somebody asked somebody for a "favor". "I'd sure like this person to be removed if you could find a way." Then the favor would be done, no knowledge or interest in details of how or specifics, wouldn't know or care how it got done. Just that it got done, as part of "favors" done for one another at high levels. 

That's how Curington speculated it, and his speculation is probably better-founded than average. But it is still speculation, not specific knowledge. 

12 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

This ties into a post I just made on another thread about the 1973 film "Executive Action" which I've heard an insider considered a mostly accurate depiction of the preparation of the assassination. As I recall the film points toward right wing oilmen as the main executors of the plot.

It seems to me professional assassins wouldn't want the job because they would know they would likely also be eliminated immediately afterward. That wouldn't be a main concern of shooter(s) who were motivated primarily by ideology.

48 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

This ties into a post I just made on another thread about the 1973 film "Executive Action" which I've heard an insider considered a mostly accurate depiction of the preparation of the assassination. As I recall the film points toward right wing oilmen as the main executors of the plot.

It seems to me professional assassins wouldn't want the job because they would know they would likely also be eliminated immediately afterward. That wouldn't be a main concern of shooter(s) who were motivated primarily by ideology.

"A mostly accurate depiction" of preparation for the assassination based on knowledge, or speculation deemed plausible? 

I'm going to take a wild guess and guess the latter.

Edited by Greg Doudna

What I learned long before I got to Homicide is that you don't dime out your informants. Revealing names is a good way for them or you to end up as dead as Martha Washington, I would never consider naming my CIA bud as he's still alive. And after he's passed I still won't tell it to folks!

And as I've said in the past I've had three books published and am working on three more AND NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO JFK. I'm not looking for a fan club as our 33 grandkids are all the fans I need.

Edited by Evan Marshall

37 minutes ago, Evan Marshall said:

What I learned long before I got to Homicide is that you don't dime out your informants. Revealing names is a good way for them or you to end up as dead as Martha Washington, I would never consider naming my CIA bud as he's still alive. And after he's passed I still won't tell it to folks!

It's not like we're losing any sleep over it. Your bud was, in all likelihood, just trying to impress you.

23 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

I have had that suspicion for years. Probably the truth.

Look at a list of JFK's enemies:

*   Pro-Castro Cubans.

*   Anti-Castro Cubans.

*   Mafia.

*   CIA factions.

And likely others. Each could go to their sponsors after the assassination, claim credit, get paid, and disappear. And other than the ACTUAL assassin(s), evidence would lead to each of the factions. All but one , upon investigation, would be a trip down a rabbit hole.

Which pretty much describes where we are today.