The Education Forum

Did the Plotters View RFK's Murder of Marilyn Monroe as Justification for Killing JFK?

As some here probably know, in 2021, a serious, credible author, Mike Rothmiller (with Doug Thompson), published the book Bombshell: The Night Bobby Kennedy Killed Marilyn Monroe. Rothmiller makes a strong case that Robert F. Kennedy had Marilyn Monroe murdered because she was about to go public with her affairs with him and JFK. Rothmiller worked for years in the LAPD's Organized Crime Intelligence Division. Because of his position and contacts, he gained access to important new information about Marilyn's death.

Here is an extended interview with Rothmiller about his book and how he obtained the new information included therein, which includes a confession from Peter Lawford [given to Rothmiller himself]: LINK. (He also talks about the RFK and JFK cases, Oswald, LAPD intelligence ops, and the CIA.) [Here is another interview with Rothmiller: LINK, starts at 11:10 and ends at 1:10:49. This interview provides more background on Rothmiller's career and on his research on Marilyn Monroe's death, and it includes info on Frank Sinatra and the Mafia.]

After having a brief affair with JFK, Marilyn began having a more serious, prolonged affair with RFK. At one point, RFK told her he would leave his wife and marry her, but Marilyn soon realized this was not going to happen. Furious at being dumped first by JFK and then by RFK, she decided she would go public with her affairs with JFK and RFK. She made the serious mistake of angrily warning RFK that she was about to go public. 

We know the CIA was aware of Marilyn's affairs with the Kennedy brothers and knew about her threat to reveal the affairs to the press. Marilyn's house had been bugged, with mircophones planted in nearly every room. The CIA was also aware of the contents of the recordngs from those microphones, as a CIA document reveals. The FBI may have been behind the bugging of her house. Also, evidence suggests that the Mafia may have been aware of the affairs and may have known or suspected that Bobby was involved in Marilyn's death.

Undoubtedly, when the plotters learned that RFK had murdered Marilyn Monroe, they saw this as strong justification for killing JFK, since JFK may have known or suspected that Marilyn had been murdered, and since JFK may have known or suspected that RFK was involved in her death. They knew that if they killed RFK, JFK would leave no stone unturned in pursuing his killers, but that if they killed JFK, this would neutralize RFK and would be, in their eyes, justified revenge for RFK's killing of Marilyn Monroe. 

Rothmiller's book goes well beyond Mark Shaw's research on Marilyn Monroe's death (included in Collateral Damage, Denial of Justice, and Fighting for Justice). However, I recommend that interested readers also read Shaw's research on the subject, since he presents a few items of information not found in Rothmiller's book. 

I should add that Rothmiller acknowledges that JFK and RFK did "many great things." He speaks favorably about their policies and achievements. He says he is sad to have to discuss RFK's crime and wishes RFK had not done it.

Edited by Michael Griffith

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Please tell us where in the link Peter Lawford confesses

He starts talking about Lawford's confession at about 17:15. His discussion on the confession lasts for nearly 10 minutes.

If Lawford made this claim...I wonder who to?

And whether he made this claim to more than one person?

Lawford was married to one of the Kennedy sisters, right?

Speaking of the LAPD and their reported political and social bias reputation back in the 50's and 60's, I think the general take from a current historical perspective was that they were very rightwing and anti-Kennedy and especially the Kennedy brother's more liberal racial policies.

Of course not all but probably a majority of that entity ( especially their hierarchical part ) were of this ideology. One remembers chief Darrell Gates. Mayor Sam Yorty, etc.

I heard an audio recording years ago of a manager of the Ambassador Hotel making a desperate first emergency call to an LAPD dispatcher...regards RFK being shot there the evening of June 6th, 1968 right after the shooting.

The female manager was quite shook up and began her 911 message by first telling the dispatcher she was calling from the Ambassador hotel. She then told the dispatcher something very close to " Senator Robert Kennedy is staying here."

Before the manager could say anything more, the police dispatcher interrupted her and practically yelling said in an angry and disgusted tone "BIG DEAL" in response to her mentioning that RFK was staying at her hotel.

I was shocked at how brazen this officer was in his impulsive disrespecting anti-RFK personal feeling interjection and especially just into a 911 call asking for police help in RFK's shooting.

To me, it was a reflection of how much the LAPD hated RFK. So much so, this dispatcher couldn't even contain his RFK hatred barely into a desperate help seeking call regards RFK's brutal shooting.

I always felt the majority of America's police and other domestic security forces were much more anti-civil rights minded than the Kennedys and the liberal part of our society they represented. And much of that milieu to extreme degrees such as actually being KKK members.

I feel certain that the Dallas PD in 1963 was of that ideology more so than most.

LA too? Perhaps. At least more than was generally known.

My point here being that both JFK and RFK were truly "hated" by those entities much more than the average American knew back then.

The Kennedy's more liberal stance on the issue of black civil rights turned millions of Americans against them to a degree of hate that was enraging.

Edited by Joe Bauer

16 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

If Lawford made this claim...I wonder who to?

And whether he made this claim to more than one person?

Lawford made this admission to Rothmiller. Listen to the segment in the interview--the segment starts at about 17:15 and runs for about 10 minutes.

I know it is very sad to learn this about RFK. Very sad. I almost don't want to talk about it, but it is important and sheds light on what was going on behind the scenes and things that could have contributed to JFK's death.

3 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

Lawford made this admission to Rothmiller. Listen to the segment in the interview--the segment starts at about 17:15 and runs for about 10 minutes.

I know it is very sad to learn this about RFK. Very sad. I almost don't want to talk about it, but it is important and sheds light on what was going on behind the scenes that could have contributed to JFK's death.

That is not a confession. That is Rothmiller saying that Lawford confessed to him personally. So this is all about the credibility of Rothmiller. 

2 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

That is not a confession. That is Rothmiller saying that Lawford confessed to him personally. So this is all about the credibility of Rothmiller. 

True.

It is very hard to even imagine RFK ordering the murder of another individual.

Now...LBJ?

Mac...this Henry Marshall fellow?

Make it look like a suicide...okay?

Just now, Paul Brancato said:

Sigh. . . .  Okay. . . .  

Those who don't want to believe the confession account will look for any reason to dismiss it. I find Rothmiller credible, serious, and objective. He is not anti-Kennedy. He's very critical of the CIA. He comes across as calling things as he sees them without a preconceived agenda.

11 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Well, it is a confession, reported by the person who heard it. I guess to anticipate such nit-picking, I should have said "Rothmiller reports that Lawford confessed to him."

Read the book and then make up your mind.

Here is another good interview with Mike Rothmiller about his research and book on RFK's role in Marilyn Monroe's death. Part of it deals with Sinatra and the Mafia. This one includes a Q&A with callers. Very interesting stuff. It's from an appearance earlier this year on the radio show Coast to Coast AM:

LINK (starts at 11:10 and ends at 1:10:49)

Oh no, now Mike has descended into the whole Marilyn Monroe cesspool?

Peter Lawford never said any such thing.  In fact, he said the opposite to the authorities.

Rothmiller's book has been destroyed piece by piece by the best guy in the field, Don McGovern.

Monroe took her own life, either willfully or by accident.  And Bobby Kennedy was never in Brentwood that day or night and that is provable.

Mark Shaw is another of these gaseous blowhards who preaches this rubbish.  Don and I will have a decimating review on his public talk in Allen Texas soon.

And I am prepping a long, intricate overview of this whole morass titled, "Joyce Carol Oates, Brad Pitt and the Road to Blonde."

Here is a link to Don McGovern's demolition of Rothmiller.

https://marilynfromthe22ndrow.com/wp/bombshell-the-night-rfk-killed-marilyn/

There are credible stories in Chicago that the MM murder was done by Tony Spilotro and Frank Schweihs due to a request made of Sam Giancana by Joe Kennedy.  Frank was then ordered to kill his girl friend after he told her what he had done and she started telling others. Her body was found floating in the Chicago river.

It has also been alleged that MM's house was bugged by Fred Otash and a recording of the event was shared with Giancana. 

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Here is a link to Don McGovern's demolition of Rothmiller.

https://marilynfromthe22ndrow.com/wp/bombshell-the-night-rfk-killed-marilyn/

Thanks for the link, Jim.

I just read the entire piece by Don McGovern.

So, all of the Rothmiller's claims are based on "evidence" that is either contradictory or nonexistent.

No thanks, Michael Griffith. 

Rothmiller claimed to have heard Lawford's confession in 1982 yet made no mention of such a confession for four decades and produced exactly zero evidence that any such confession was actually made. 

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but Rothmiller has produced no evidence at all.

Extreme skepticism if not outright rejection is warranted here.

5 minutes ago, Norman T. Field said:

There are credible stories in Chicago that the MM murder was done by Tony Spilotro and Frank Schweihs due to a request made of Sam Giancana by Joe Kennedy.  Frank was then ordered to kill his girl friend after he told her what he had done and she started telling others. Her body was found floating in the Chicago river.

It has also been alleged that MM's house was bugged by Fred Otash and a recording of the event was shared with Giancana. 

Since Joe Kennedy, the senior patriarch of the Kennedy family, had suffered a massive stroke on December 19, 1961 which left him paralyzed on the right side and cognitively impaired (he could only articulate the simplest words for years - even as late as May 1964, Time Magazine delicately described his ability to speak as "showing improvement"), it's ludicrous to credit any allegation that Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. had somehow "requested" Giancana to murder Marilyn Monroe in August of 1962.

People: May 22, 1964 - TIME (archive.org)