The Education Forum

Larry Hancock-thank you

I'm convinced That Larry's book correctly identifies the shooting team in Dealy Plaza, and it aligns with what I learned from personal conversations with participants of the event. Most recently, conversations with a Cuban American female police officer who had relatives that knew quite a bit before the assassination. Thanks again, Larry!

Edited by Evan Marshall

Thanks Evan, obviously I can't guarantee it but more and more things have lined up with that view over time (including things I had no idea of and was not even searching for, always a positive sign) - I've run into a number of folks from the Miami area who have described knowing a something about it, talking to guys that came back from Dallas, and maintained that it was fairly general knowledge among certain communities of interest there - but none were willing to go on record and in at least one instance we were unable to get someone who did know details to put it on record for release after their death.

At this point its a pretty solid working hypothesis but I'm not sure what could move it into certainty.  At least I feel better about it after following a host of leads that didn't pan out over the last 30 plus years.

-- Larry

Larry, the Cuban-American female officer has been a friend for decades and only recently became aware of my interest. She said it was rather common knowledge in certain neighborhoods and those she talked to expressed admiration for Bill Harvey.

That is what I heard as well Evan, plus their was extensive admiration for Rip Robertson....the guys he worked with trusted him to always back them up personally regardless of CIA practices or rules and he did so.  That is also why it was so easy for him to recruit for the Congo.  Its hard to overestimate the value of the "band of brothers" bond.

Asa Detroit copper I personally experienced the BOB experience. It is extremely powerful!

5 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Thanks Evan, obviously I can't guarantee it but more and more things have lined up with that view over time (including things I had no idea of and was not even searching for, always a positive sign) - I've run into a number of folks from the Miami area who have described knowing a something about it, talking to guys that came back from Dallas, and maintained that it was fairly general knowledge among certain communities of interest there - but none were willing to go on record and in at least one instance we were unable to get someone who did know details to put it on record for release after their death.

At this point its a pretty solid working hypothesis but I'm not sure what could move it into certainty.  At least I feel better about it after following a host of leads that didn't pan out over the last 30 plus years.

-- Larry

Did I miss something?

I read the excellent SWHT and Tipping Point. Also the excellent Red Bird airport stuff. 

Have you advanced from there? I looked at your blog. 

33 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

Oh, yes, and that is excellent info also. 

But from Evan Marshall's post, sounded like LH (and you) had more concretely laid out ID's of who was in Dallas that day, perhaps recently.

I think David and I will be offering an view of what was going on with Oswald during the fall of 1963, including how he was manipulated in Dallas (and by whom), however its an elaboration on our previous work, not some brand new revelation.  For that matter I have no idea where a totally confirming revelation would come from at this point in time - wish I did.

As for myself, I have drafted a new and lengthy, albeit rather contrarian, view of Lee Harvey Oswald which may become available at some point. It is my personal assessment of how he has been put into boxes, and an effort to break him out into a more three dimensional character acting on his own agendas and against his own ideological world views.  I anticipate that as the last piece of work I'll do on this topic. 

-- Larry

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

I think David and I will be offering an view of what was going on with Oswald during the fall of 1963, including how he was manipulated in Dallas (and by whom), however its an elaboration on our previous work, not some brand new revelation.  For that matter I have no idea where a totally confirming revelation would come from at this point in time - wish I did.

As for myself, I have drafted a new and lengthy, albeit rather contrarian, view of Lee Harvey Oswald which may become available at some point. It is my personal assessment of how he has been put into boxes, and an effort to break him out into a more three dimensional character acting on his own agendas and against his own ideological world views.  I anticipate that as the last piece of work I'll do on this topic. 

-- Larry

LH-

I always look forward to your excellent work, even when I have a different view.  And when my views differ from yours---well, maybe I am off target.

As you say, we have yet to see (AFAIK) the definitive work on the JFKA...and we are running out of time....