The Education Forum

LHO in Mexico City? Morley Illuminates

The topic of whether LHO was actually in Mexico City in September is contentious. The paperwork documenting LHO's bus trips may be bogus. It appears LHO was impersonated while in Mexico City, thus raising doubts if he was ever there. 

On the other hand, three KGB agents, including Valery Kostikov, told the PBS news program Frontline in 1993 they had in fact met the real LHO at the Soviet Embassy in 1963. The trio were recorded and filmed attesting to their meeting with LHO. 

Now, serious JFKA researcher Jefferson Morley appears to have uncovered a woman who, on behalf of the CIA, took photographs of LHO while he was in Mexico City. 

From Morley: 

open?token=eyJtIjoiPDIwMjMxMDI5MTIwMDUzL

Forwarded this email? Subscribe here for more
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F71ec9f07-c869-4d35-8a93-01cbb59e7f7c_1100x220.png

Time to Subscribe to JFK Facts

She Took Lee Harvey Oswald’s Picture for the CIA

Mexican photographer's name, still kept secret by the CIA, revealed for the first time

OCT 29

PREVIEW
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2651f285-5b04-4af0-90c9-6e545717fcaf_558x706.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

READ IN APPhttps%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  
Greta Goyenechea, CIA agent who said she took photos of accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald (Credit: Andres Goyenechea.)

The official account of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination asserts that the CIA never obtained a photo of accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald when he visited the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City six weeks before JFK was shot dead in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.

New evidence indicates that the official story may be not only wrong, but intentionally deceptive.

The son of the woman who ran the agency’s photo surveillance of the embassy in 1963 says his mother told her husband and children that she had taken multiple photos of Oswald and delivered them to her CIA handler. 

Her name was Greta Goyenechea, and her CIA code name was LIEMPTY-14.

“My mother was not a person who talked too much about it,” said Andres Goyenechea, a retired car dealer in the Seattle area, in an exclusive interview with JFK Facts. “But she said, yeah, I remembered he was there. She took a couple of pictures when he came in and a couple of pictures when he went out. My mom, she had a photographic memory. If somebody came on Oct. 4 and didn’t show up again until Nov. 15, she would know that.”...

---30---

As of now, it appears Greta Goyenechea, CIA code name  LIEMPTY-14, was real person who worked for the CIA in Mexico City during 1963. 

From Mary Ferrell Foundation:

LILYRIC surveillance was run by a meticulous woman known as LIEMPTY-14. LIEMPTY-14’s daily logs and reports were reportedly "detailed and complete”. LILYRIC provided the best vantage point for photos of visitors, as it was aimed at the Soviet embassy front gate. LIEMPTY-14's identity is unknown.
Documented
Sources:

Bill Simpich, State Secret, Chapter 4, http://maryferrell.org/pages/State_Secret_Chapter4.html

LILYRIC was run by a meticulous woman known as LIEMPTY-14. Unaware of any record of these logs and reports. LILYRIC provided the best vantage point for photos of visitors, as it was aimed at the Soviet embassy front gate.

104-10414-10124: MEXICO CITY STATION HISTORY, EXCERPTS

Goodpasture wrote that LIEMPTY-14’s “daily logs and reports were detailed and complete”.

---30---

Well, not solid proof LHO was in Mexico City, but I am sure leaning that way....

Interesting, but isn't this the same woman mentioned in a report - I don'thave it available here - that stated (going by memory here) :

"perhaps some of the confusion was caused by the fact that the camera was sometimes operated by xxxxxxx's mother who had poor eyesight".

I am not sure we are talking about the same person here, but it was also in Mexico and had to do with the camera observation.

28 minutes ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

Interesting, but isn't this the same woman mentioned in a report - I don'thave it available here - that stated (going by memory here) :

"perhaps some of the confusion was caused by the fact that the camera was sometimes operated by xxxxxxx's mother who had poor eyesight".

I am not sure we are talking about the same person here, but it was also in Mexico and had to do with the camera observation.

Well, hi-ho, the CIA had a spy camera operated by someone who had "poor eyesight." 

I read somewhere, in an official report, that the CIA was compelled by hire Mexican nationals in Mexico City for some of the spy camera work, and they got bored at their jobs, which they did not take seriously. 

If I had to guess, the CIA destroyed every shred of evidence it was connected to LHO, by 11/23. Including photos. 

On 10/29/2023 at 2:45 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, hi-ho, the CIA had a spy camera operated by someone who had "poor eyesight." 

I read somewhere, in an official report, that the CIA was compelled by hire Mexican nationals in Mexico City for some of the spy camera work, and they got bored at their jobs, which they did not take seriously. 

If I had to guess, the CIA destroyed every shred of evidence it was connected to LHO, by 11/23. Including photos. 

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

Gerende was a pseudonym for Ramon Joseph Alvarez Durant. The LIEMPTY project encompassed three photo surveillance bases,LILYRIC, LICALLA,LIMITED,  aimed at the Soviet diplomatic compound. The mystery man photograph was taken by LIMITED. CIA refused to turn over the production from LILYRIC to the HSCA for review. Gerende(Alvarez)'s direct CIA supervisor would have been Tom Keenan, but the photograph production would have been handled by Goodpasture. From her fitness report: "supervises work of three photo bases operating against Soviet Embassy;processes take;identifies Soviets and intelligence function"

22 minutes ago, Robin Finn said:

Gerende was a pseudonym for Ramon Joseph Alvarez Durant. The LIEMPTY project encompassed three photo surveillance bases,LILYRIC, LICALLA,LIMITED,  aimed at the Soviet diplomatic compound. The mystery man photograph was taken by LIMITED. CIA refused to turn over the production from LILYRIC to the HSCA for review. Gerende(Alvarez)'s direct CIA supervisor would have been Tom Keenan, but the photograph production would have been handled by Goodpasture. From her fitness report: "supervises work of three photo bases operating against Soviet Embassy;processes take;identifies Soviets and intelligence function"

Great post, thanks Robin Finn.

Sadly, most of these people have now likely passed on. i wonder if Ramon Joseph Alvarez Durant knew about photographs of LHO.

7 hours ago, Robin Finn said:

Thank you, much appreciated !    

Now, how many people would actually see the developed photos ?

As Goodpasture handled the photographic production she would be the first to see them (with the people in the the lab) ?

Greta Goyenechea could have remembered some of the person(s) , as her son said she had a photographic memory, she could have recognised  LHO when his pictures were being published 11/22.  

So not too many people have actually seen the pictures ?

Has one ever got close to ID the mystery man btw ?  I believe I read somewhere he was a regular at the embassy, but other than that not much

I am simply agnostic about whether Oswald was actually in Mexico City. I think it's obvious that the "Oswald" who called the Soviet Embassy and spoke terrible Russian was not the real Oswald. And I doubt that the Oswald who visited the Cuban Consulate was the real Oswald. But, that does not mean that Oswald was not in Mexico City at the time. 

Marina, even under intense pressure to say otherwise, said that her husband did not go to Mexico City, but her belief is not determinative in my view. She may have been sincerely mistaken. 

Occam's Razor tells me that if Oswald had actually visited the Cuban Consulate, and if the CIA photographed him entering and/or leaving the consulate, the CIA would have been very willing and anxious to make this evidence available. 

I think the point of Jeff’s post and of the family member he interviewed is that the CIA deliberately submitted the ‘mystery man’ photo who looked nothing like LHO to create confusion and divert attention away from what they were doing with Lee in MC.

For 60 years that obvious deception has gone unconfirmed by the CIA or the USG investigation bodies. The CIA had the photo of LHO - they chose not to release it and instead lie to investigators and by extension the public.

It’s also clear why they hold on to documents - they don’t want anyone involved in any way to be alive for questioning - in the matter of a presidential assassination.

But you know, just some anonymous nut shooting from a warehouse window…

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy