The Education Forum

Paul Landis, the Slug, and the Dented Cartridge

1 hour ago, Alan Ford said:

I agree!

The only remaining substantive objections are:

1. 'Why did he wait so long to tell what happened?'

2. 'How could he possibly have been so unprofessional as to leave the bullet where he says he left it?'

Seems to me Q.1 is plausibly answered by Q.2.

Well, everyone is wondering that.

Robenalt says Landis was disoriented on 11/22. That is believable. 

Then maybe Landis wanted to avoid responsibility for what he did thereafter. That is plausible. 

There is still a fly in the ointment. The bullet found in the Parkland Hospital hallway by the gurney, by the hospital employee named Tomlinson, and also handled by OP Wright, a former cop, was said to be a pointy-head slug. That was the slug that supposedly became CE 399. 

I have come to suspect (after what happened to the Walker bullet) that slugs were just switched out before they got to the FBI. 

Sad to say, but I suspect evidence tampering was deemed necessary and responsible, under the imperative that LHO be defined as a loner, loser, leftie with no friends or co-conspirators. 

But who knows? 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Sad to say, but I suspect evidence tampering was deemed necessary and responsible, under the imperative that LHO be defined as a loner, loser, leftie with no friends or co-conspirators. 

I agree, though personally I'd use a rather less............... subjunctive word than 'suspect'!

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, everyone is wondering that.

Robenalt says Landis was disoriented on 11/22. That is believable. 

Then maybe Landis wanted to avoid responsibility for what he did thereafter. That is plausible. 

There is still a fly in the ointment. The bullet found in the Parkland Hospital hallway by the gurney, by the hospital employee named Tomlinson, and also handled by OP Wright, a former cop, was said to be a pointy-head slug. That was the slug that supposedly became CE 399. 

I have come to suspect (after what happened to the Walker bullet) that slugs were just switched out before they got to the FBI. 

But who knows? 

We have 2 Secret Service agents (Landis and Kinney) who say they found a bullet in the car and then placed it in Parkland. After giving this a lot of thought, I think that’s actually what happened. I think Kinney just wanted it known that a bullet was indeed found and did not want to publicly point the finger at his fellow agent Landis. That’s the reason he told his neighbor. I also think it was not a round tip 6.5 mm type, rather a pointed tip as described by Tomlinson and Poole. As I recall, but could not quickly find a reference to, I believe a SS Agent ..or maybe FBI… named Johnson would/could not confirm that CE 399 was the bullet he saw. That Zapruder video clip is quite interesting as well. I don’t think the dented cartridge belongs with the short charged bullet. The firing striations aren’t the same as the other 2 cartridges. Maybe Hemming was actually telling the truth when he said it was a deliberately underpowered round and its purpose was to be a “meat shot”. It very likely wasn’t CE399 and then we have the Mauser vs Carcano “confusion” that should have been cleared up within hours, not much later. 

4 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

We have 2 Secret Service agents (Landis and Kinney) who say they found a bullet in the car and then placed it in Parkland. After giving this a lot of thought, I think that’s actually what happened. I think Kinney just wanted it known that a bullet was indeed found and did not want to publicly point the finger at his fellow agent Landis. That’s the reason he told his neighbor. I also think it was not a round tip 6.5 mm type, rather a pointed tip as described by Tomlinson and Poole. As I recall, but could not quickly find a reference to, I believe a SS Agent ..or maybe FBI… named Johnson would/could not confirm that CE 399 was the bullet he saw. That Zapruder video clip is quite interesting as well. I don’t think the dented cartridge belongs with the short charged bullet. The firing striations aren’t the same as the other 2 cartridges. Maybe Hemming was actually telling the truth when he said it was a deliberately underpowered round and its purpose was to be a “meat shot”. It very likely wasn’t CE399 and then we have the Mauser vs Carcano “confusion” that should have been cleared up within hours, not much later. 

Interesting. 

I agree, there are Secret Service agents trying to say they found a slug in the Presidential limo on 11/22, and they have been perhaps "covering up" a miscue, or uneasy about brooking the official narrative. 

My guess is the pointy tip Parkland Hospital slug was un-related to the JFKA.

22 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Interesting. 

I agree, there are Secret Service agents trying to say they found a slug in the Presidential limo on 11/22, and they have been perhaps "covering up" a miscue, or uneasy about brooking the official narrative. 

My guess is the pointy tip Parkland Hospital slug was un-related to the JFKA.

I have never considered the possibility that the pointy nosed bullet was anything but JFKA related. No other gunshot cases at the time and the stretcher probably was that of the youngster, Ronny Fuller. 
Speaking of bullets, whatever happened to the Connolly bullet that was given by the nurse to the Texas Ranger? And whatever happened to the bullet found in the car that the White House physician Dr Young spoke of? 

26 minutes ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

I have never considered the possibility that the pointy nosed bullet was anything but JFKA related. No other gunshot cases at the time and the stretcher probably was that of the youngster, Ronny Fuller. 
Speaking of bullets, whatever happened to the Connolly bullet that was given by the nurse to the Texas Ranger? And whatever happened to the bullet found in the car that the White House physician Dr Young spoke of? 

There is even another bullet reported by a doctor at Bethesda. 

The Young bullet is the most convincing. 

The  pointy head bullet sure is a mystery.  Fired at JFK? And ended  up on the floor in Parkland? How? 

Many have said part of spycraft is to plant and spread simply unfathomable stories and false leads etc. 

I am convinced, based on the reactions of Gov. Connally, that a long gunman armed with a single-shot bolt action rifle could not have fired all the shots that day. Then we have the smoke-and-bang show at the GK. 

Dr. Shaw, Connally's surgeon, thought it likely he was shot through the wrist by a separate missile. 

So it goes....