The Education Forum

Is there History of Surveillance in Irving's Russian Community Post-WWII?

In the aftermath of World War II, the United States became a new home for many European immigrants, including those from Russia. Cities like New York and San Francisco are known for their Russian immigrant communities, but the story of such communities in smaller cities, particularly Irving, Texas, is less known and intriguing.

This historical obscurity raises critical questions: Did the U.S. government, in the midst of Cold War anxieties, extend its surveillance network to Russian communities in cities like Irving, as it did with Japanese communities during World War II? Could this surveillance have been a part of a larger strategy, especially during the tense period of the JFK administration, marked by high-stakes espionage and international conflict?

The plot thickens when we consider Lee Harvey Oswald, a pivotal figure of this era with ties to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Could there have been covert surveillance programs in Irving that intersected with Oswald's path? Is it possible that these programs were designed not just to monitor, but also to influence individuals like Oswald?

The Wesley Buell Frazier Connection

A central figure in this puzzle is Wesley Buell Frazier, known for informing Oswald about the job opportunity at the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD). If a surveillance program was indeed active in Irving, could Frazier's move to Irving and his subsequent role in Oswald's employment at the TSBD have been influenced by intelligence assets? This hypothesis offers a potential explanation for the seemingly serendipitous chain of events leading to Oswald's placement at the TSBD.

20131118135547_3737.jpg

Regards the BYP above:

What ring is that on Oswald's right hand ring finger?

I am guessing that American city Russian communities of any size would have had members who spied on each other for the Russian government.

I wondered who in the Dallas White Russian Community was one of these.

Growing up from the 1950's and 60's within just a mile or two next to the Defense Language Institute here in Monterey, I went to primary school with many children whose Russian parents taught there.

These parents were born in Russia.

Yes, San Francisco has always had a good-sized Russian community.

I once had to see a top doctor at Mount Zion Medical Center/Hospital in San Francisco 16 years ago. Pretty large complex. Many offices, hundreds of staff.

I noticed something quirky about the employees of our specialty unit.

Upon getting registered and hearing the office staff conversing with each other, I noticed everyone spoke with a Russian accent. The staff was entirely of Russian ethnicity. And even more odd, the staff was entirely female and I recall almost every one was on the younger age side and very attractive. Like an entire staff of Marina Oswalds.

Edited by Joe Bauer

15 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

A central figure in this puzzle is Wesley Buell Frazier, known for informing Oswald about the job opportunity at the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD).

No.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:58 AM, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

This historical obscurity raises critical questions: Did the U.S. government, in the midst of Cold War anxieties, extend its surveillance network to Russian communities in cities like Irving, as it did with Japanese communities during World War II? Could this surveillance have been a part of a larger strategy, especially during the tense period of the JFK administration, marked by high-stakes espionage and international conflict?

A 1968 Montreal Star article reported that the CIA admitted in a Baltimore court that it had conducted counter-espionage activities in the US. The article states that a Canadian citizen, Erik Heine who is an Estonian emigre sued Juri Raus who is also an Estonian emigre for slander because Raus said that Heine was a KGB operative.

https://archive.org/details/img2406_202003