The Education Forum

New material uncovered! Ryder lived opposite the Randles

Tony Krome

Mrs. Peggie J Ryder lived at 2434 West 5th Irving at the time of the assassination. She was involved in a head on collision in December 1963.

Mrs Peggie Jo Ryder was married to Dial Ryder, the gunsmith over at Irving Sport Shop. Ryder was the guy that found the "Oswald" tag on his counter at work.

Dial Ryder's sister was Fleta. Fleta was once married to John Caesar Grossi, also known as John Leslie Bowen, who was Oswald's work-mate over at Jaggars Chiles Stovall. Bowen was the guy that supplied a reference for Oswald's library card.

The driver Gary A Guenther, that caused the accident, was an engineer at Vought Aerospace.

bridge.jpg

Edited by Tony Krome

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Dial Ryder lived opposite Ruth Paine? Oswald was known to play with the children in the street in front of Ruth Paines house. This would mean Oswald would likely have seen Dial go in and out of his house across the street a few times over the course of Oct/Nov 1963.

17 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

So Dial Ryder lived opposite Ruth Paine? Oswald was known to play with the children in the street in front of Ruth Paines house. This would mean Oswald would likely have seen Dial go in and out of his house across the street a few times over the course of Oct/Nov 1963.

Wesley especially would have noticed that the Ryder car across the road from him went from being roadworthy to a wreck, or it was all of a sudden missing from the house and at the wreckers. Add to that, his neighbour Ryder across the road ended up in hospital. It would have been quite the neighbourhood gossip.

FBI re: Dial Ryder "He stated he had found the Irving Sports Shop repair tag bearing the name "OSWALD" as customer on November 23, 1963, but had not told anyone, other than his wife, about finding the tag prior to being interviewed by SA HORTON on November 25, 1963."

On Sunday the 24th November 1963, there were anonymous phone calls to authorities disclosing the existence of the repair tag. They never worked out who made them or their sources.

Fair enough, Dial didn't tell anyone else, so that leaves Peggie. Did she talk to people in her neighborhood?

13 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

So Ryder is now a "suspicious person" too, eh? Why is that?

The only thing that I've seen that is a suspicious aspect surrounding Ryder, is the face to face interview with Ryder and Hunter Schmidt. They were both diametrically opposed to each other concerning the Thanksgiving phone call. Who's your money on, Dave?

I personally wouldn't call him suspicious. 

But IF he actually knew Oswald from the neighbourhood,?  I will have to re-read what he has been talking about in the WC, statements, etc. 

I do not recall him saying he knew him, he did say he was sure he noticed him in the store.  He connected him indirectly to another type of rifle I believe

For now, I don't know what to think about the guy

35 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

So Ryder is now a "suspicious person" too, eh? Why is that?

I don't recall the whole story. But it seems that Dial Ryder was hired to mount a scope on the Carcano. There was a work slip for the job at the shop which stated that Ryder had mounted the scope, but he said he didn't do any work on that rifle. Something like that.

Also, the rifle already had a scope, right?

I'll bet the WC ignored this witness.

30 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I'll bet the WC ignored this witness.

The WC did take Ryder's testimony:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=45#relPageId=240&search=dial_ryder

He says that neither he nor his boss did the work.

So I'm sure his story was left out of the WR.

(When I said Ryder is suspicious, I meant that what happened with him is suspicious.)

7 hours ago, Tony Krome said:
8 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

Very good. You are on the right track

Is nobody going to admit that Dial Ryder said that there was a work slip from a Mr. Oswald stating that he or his father mounted a scope on his rifle, and that the slip indicated the work had been completed, but that Dial knows (for reasons he gives) that neither he nor his father did that work? Are you all going to do the LN thing and sweep that under the rug?

And what about this fellow that Rider says might be associated with Oswald? He brought in an Argentine rifle to have a scope mounted. Presumably an Argentine rifle is not the same as a Carcano.