The Education Forum

New material uncovered! Ryder lived opposite the Randles

Tony Krome

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

And what about this fellow that Rider says might be associated with Oswald? He brought in an Argentine rifle to have a scope mounted. Presumably an Argentine rifle is not the same as a Carcano.

Exactly!! An Argentine Mauser is not a Carcano. Look for shifts in the narrative. Look to why Ryder's repair tag and Whitworth at the furniture store were sidelined.

8 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

All this is interesting. Did Oswald have a second rifle we don't know about?

Though if he's taking it to get repaired, it sounds like a rifle in bad condition. Was there something about a bad firing pin on this rifle?

From what I've seen, both the Carcano and the Mauser were taken in to have scopes mounted. (Not that the Carcano was really taken in.)

The Ryder story is the cause of a few headaches I have every now and then...    

In first,  Dial Ryder was sure about not having done work on the Italian rifle.   But on 11/25/63 het states to the FBI that "he has no recollection of mounting a side mount of the type on the gun used to assassinate President Kennedy but pointed out that during the past few weeks he had attached a tremendous number of scopes; therefore,it is possible he did mount this scope and does not have any recollection of it at this time..  To Liebeler in the Hearing ” Like I continue to say all the way through on their investigation both that Secret Service man and from the FBI that he could have been in the shop I could have talked to him but to say I had definitely I couldn't say I have really talked to him.   

And so... my headache is back...

PS his boss Greener was on vacation and the only other employee was a woman that didn't work on rifles I believe. Just mentioning this because Green has also made some statements in the press, a Hearing,  but he wasn't there that day.    Greg Doudna has all the references in his essay (FBI statements, hearing, etc ), I find myself using that a lot to find a reference to something about Ryder (the pdf can be saved, later on simply run a search by CTRL+F)

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

Could Oswald have been in there simply to buy ammunition for the carcano or his pistol?

Would there have been any tax reasons for the rifle store, in a situation where LHO bought ammunition rather than repair the rifle, that the store clerks there put down in writing on the receipt that a rifle was repaired rather than tell the truth and that ammunition had actually been bought, so as to make the transaction more favorable to them from a tax point of view?

Edited by Gerry Down
Grammar

37 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Special thanks to David Von Pein for revealing Ryder's Argentine Mauser hours after the assassination.

Tony's post above was then edited 5 minutes later to this revised version....

37 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Special thanks to David Von Pein for revealing a rifle Ryder mentioned re; the Argentine Mauser hours after the assassination.

And that same 6th-floor assassination weapon was ALSO described (at various times on Nov. 22 and 23) as a German Mauser, a 30-30 rifle, and a Japanese weapon (and possibly even more inaccurate descriptions). They can't ALL be the right description, can they?

So if you have a desire to cling to bad information based on the early media errors, then, yes, you can easily "create" your own conspiracy theory. It's easy to do that kind of CT "creating". All you need to do is pick one of these many media mistakes and run with it as if it were the unvarnished 100% truth. But why anybody would want to do something so foolish is beyond me...

Edited by David Von Pein

3 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

They can't ALL be the right description, can they?

I matched up one of those descriptions (Argentine) with the name of a rifle (Argentine) that a gunsmith with a "Oswald" repair tag mentioned a few days later.  That's all, Dave, I'm sure its all a big mix up.

18 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

I'm sure it's all a big mix up.

Indeed, it is.

Because....

We know that "Oswald" did not own an "Argentine Mauser".

And....

We know that CE139 is not an "Argentine Mauser" either.

I'm sure that many CTers, though, think it was merely a case of the Oswald Patsy Framers just being idiots and morons when they decided to plant an ARGENTINE MAUSER at the crime scene, even though those plotters had to know that the Oswald they were framing owned a MANNLICHER-CARCANO.

A brilliant strategy indeed.

Edited by David Von Pein

1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

Indeed, it is.

Because....

We know that "Oswald" did not own an "Argentine Mauser".

And....

We know that CE139 is not an "Argentine Mauser" either.

I'm sure that many CTers, though, think it was merely a case of the Oswald Patsy Framers just being idiots and morons when they decided to plant an ARGENTINE MAUSER at the crime scene, even though those plotters had to know that the Oswald they were framing owned a MANNLICHER-CARCANO.

David, although I often disagree with you on details of this case, I think you raise a very valid point here.

1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

of the Oswald Patsy Framers just being idiots and morons when they decided to plant an ARGENTINE MAUSER at the crime scene, even though those plotters had to know that the Oswald they were framing owned a MANNLICHER-CARCANO.

A brilliant strategy indeed.

Oswald wasn't framed by conspiracy theorist's.  That was done by others.  Thus a lone nutter theory.