The Education Forum

Senator says no way it wasn’t a conspiracy.

6 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Noel and Liam Gallagher of Oasis.  Jim’s a big early 90’s britpop fan.  I like Blur and Suede better.  Oasis vocals are too whiny.  This is their best performance, a Stones cover.

??   But the Gallagher Bros. feuded with reach other!

Is that a hopeful projection from Jim?

Sports clue  of the day

If he wasn't making 100 million, he'd be in jail!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

??   But the Gallagher Bros. feuded with reach other!

Is that a hopeful projection from Jim?

Given that Oasis is horribly over-rated, the label is deeply insulting.  I think that’s what Jim was going for.

Nice one, Jim!

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Sports clue  of the day

If he wasn't making 100 million, he'd be in jail!

That’s my main man Draymond Green!  I saw worse assaults on the court back in the 90’s when I was a Dubs season ticket holder.  Benoit Benjamin slammed a vicious elbow pile driver on Sarunas Marciulionis’ head that wasn’t even called a foul.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

9 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Noel and Liam Gallagher of Oasis.  Jim’s a big early 90’s britpop fan.  I like Blur and Suede better.  Oasis vocals are too whiny.  This is their best performance, a Stones cover.

Having seen Suede several times - including back in the day - I agree….

Sen. Richard Schweiker believed that Oswald was connected to one of the U.S. intelligence communities

http://michaelgriffith1.tripod.com/hasty.htm

"I personally believe that he [Oswald] had a special relationship with one of the intelligence agencies, which one I'm not certain. But all the fingerprints I found during my eighteen months on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence point to Oswald as being a product of, and interacting with, the intelligence community" 

Sen. Richard Schweiker on Face the Nation in 1976 on the Machine gun riddled Warren Report:

“I think that the report, to those who have studied it closely, has collapsed like a house of cards, and I think the people who read it in the long-run future will see that. I frankly believe that we have shown that the [investigation of the] John F. Kennedy assassination was snuffed out before it even began, and that the fatal mistake the Warren Commission made was not to use its own investigators, but instead to rely on the CIA and FBI personnel, which played directly into the hands of senior intelligence officials who directed the cover-up.”

Marie Fonzi,  8-5-15:

See p.157 of The Last Investigation to read where it was Senator Schweiker who first suggested to Gaeton that the sketch drawn from Veciana’s description looked like David Atlee Phillips, who had appeared before the Church Committee.

Web link: http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/news/richard-schweiker-republican-critic-of-jfk-assassination-probe-dies-at-89/#comment-784194

Jim DiEugenio (8-7-15) on Sen. Richard Schweiker: https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?15030-Richard-Schweiker

“He may have said that [that Castro killed JFK] in public. In private, he thought the CIA killed Kennedy. And he told that to Tanenbaum when he gave him his files.”

On 12/23/2023 at 1:19 AM, Cliff Varnell said:

Kirk: what's this Gallagher thing?  (Jim's reference to us being the Gallagher Bros.)

Cliff: Noel and Liam Gallagher of Oasis.  Jim’s a big early 90’s britpop fan.

Given that Oasis is horribly over-rated, the label is deeply insulting.  I think that’s what Jim was going for. Nice one, Jim!

Yes, Cliff, that does sound like sh-t, and that would be a good Jim putdown of us. But it struck me as way too hip.

Jim wasn't making a reference to Oasis.

With Jim's yen for supervillains and superheroes, I always thought his reference of the Gallagher Bros. was from wrestling.

And sure enough. Jim was brought up near Buffalo.  He was making a reference to us being a tag team.

No wonder he never corrected you!

heh heh

Cory, tell Cliff!

Low bridge, everybody down!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Kirk: what's this Gallagher thing?  (Jim's reference to us being the Gallagher Bros.)

Cliff: Noel and Liam Gallagher of Oasis.  Jim’s a big early 90’s britpop fan.

Given that Oasis is horribly over-rated, the label is deeply insulting.  I think that’s what Jim was going for. Nice one, Jim!

Yes, Cliff, that does sound like sh-t, and that would be a good Jim putdown of us. But it struck me as way too hip.

Jim wasn't making a reference to Oasis.

Of course not.  The chances of Jim knowing about Britpop are nil.  He used to refer to Woodstock as a horrible event.  Pop culture ain’t his jam.

He’s the Oasis of historical research — brittle, whiny and way over-rated.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

17 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

He used to refer to Woodstock as a horrible event.

Yeah, didn't Jim also say the 60's was a horrible decade?

And that his life has been a total "fake" ever since, which pretty much covers his whole life?

Oh.........  no, maybe that was Tucker.

Sorry Jim!