The Education Forum

Alyea says SGT Patrick Dean was in the TSBD

Tony Krome

17 minutes ago, Stu Wexler said:

Dean said he was off duty. Did he ever claim to be somewhere else specifically? Good find. It sure looks like him.

Dean said he was deer hunting, got back to Dallas as JFK flew into Lovefield on Friday. He told the WC exactly that. So now we have a police SGT in the TSBD that looks like him, and Alyea saying he was right there pointing out the rifle.

Mary Ferrell says he's full of contradictions. Maybe needs a real close look at.

3 minutes ago, Stu Wexler said:

Could one claim, as seems to be a common assertion by DPD officers, that he heard what happened in the Plaza and hopped to the scene even though we was not on duty?

Stu

Basically Dean says he's on holidays, and arrives back in Dallas at the commencement of his 2 day rostered days off, which is Friday and Saturday, according to his testimony. At the point where he would hear anything on his private car radio or media at home, he would have to change into his uniform, head into town, and take charge of a riot squad to enter the TSBD. That pic that shows the SGT Dean likeness guy, is him leading a bunch of shotgun-toting officers into the TSBD. This appears to be at the point where Kent Biffle has arrived at the TSBD, and he says he arrived just as the front doors were sealed. Biffle is following the riot squad.

56 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Basically Dean says he's on holidays, and arrives back in Dallas at the commencement of his 2 day rostered days off, which is Friday and Saturday, according to his testimony. At the point where he would hear anything on his private car radio or media at home, he would have to change into his uniform, head into town, and take charge of a riot squad to enter the TSBD. That pic that shows the SGT Dean likeness guy, is him leading a bunch of shotgun-toting officers into the TSBD. This appears to be at the point where Kent Biffle has arrived at the TSBD, and he says he arrived just as the front doors were sealed. Biffle is following the riot squad.

The above part of Dean's testimony could be yet another contradiction, of the type pointed out by the HSCA, where he admitted knowing Ruby for 12 to 14 years, as opposed to telling the WC 4 years.

Edited by Tony Krome

Later in the interview, Alyea corrected himself. He gave the right name. I think it’s Gerald Hill. The guy who looks like him in the Alyea is another policeman who is easily confused with Dean. I know the daughter of that policeman and Dean’s son. 

11 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

another policeman who is easily confused with Dean. I know the daughter of that policeman

Name of policeman please, and I'll check it out.

22 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

Beverly Oliver lied when she said he saw Dean on the grassy knoll. I told Dean’s son about her claim.

Dean told HSCA he knew Ruby for 12 to 14 years. Dean told WC he knew Ruby since circa 1960. Which version do you believe?

10 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

What does it have to do with the topic of this thread?

It's easy to claim someone is lying, but I prefer to see the basis in fact for those claims.

If you can name the police sergeant that has the likeness of Dean, that entered the TSBD, it would be helpful so I can compare. It follows, that if there is a sergeant that resembles Dean, Oliver could have seen this same guy. So it would not be a lie on behalf of Oliver, it would be a case mistaken identity, correct?

FWIW, Dean was the Sgt who basically cleared the darkened parking area of police/reserves allowing Ruby to walk unbothered up to his spot near Croy
only a minute or so before they brought Oswald to him.

And then supported/promoted the "he came down the ramp" story.

I wouldn't doubt he was lying and that Alyea was correct.  Just to remember tho, many cops looked the same during this time, they hired a "type".

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, David Josephs said:

FWIW, Dean was the Sgt who basically cleared the darkened parking area of police/reserves allowing Ruby to walk unbothered up to his spot near Croy
only a minute or so before they brought Oswald to him.

And then supported/promoted the "he came down the ramp" story.

I wouldn't doubt he was lying and that Alyea was correct.  Just to remember tho, many cops looked the same during this time, they hired a "type".

Especially with inferior footage to work with. I tried to match his features, as well as his uniform. See how likeness guy has that pen and badge/notepad on his left pocket? You can just make out the same on the Ruby pic. I'm trying to find a better quality clip to zoom and enhance his name tag. That would be the clincher.

Edited by Tony Krome

12 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Later in the interview, Alyea corrected himself. He gave the right name. I think it’s Gerald Hill. The guy who looks like him in the Alyea is another policeman who is easily confused with Dean. I know the daughter of that policeman and Dean’s son. 

Was your guy also a sergeant on the 22nd? We need some better photos to be sure, but if that’s not Dean in Alyea it looks like his identical twin.