The Education Forum

The Missing Walker Shell

11 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Gayle Nix Jackson's book has a lot of detail on the FBI investigation including all the photos including the railroad and path area as well as diagrams and sketches of the route. Its an excellent resource on the Walker shooting.

Thanks. I heard Steve Roe say in an interview a while back that he had put a diagram of the escape route in her book so I went out and bought it around a year ago, flicked through the book and couldn't see any diagram.

I was wondering how Steve Roe could get such a thing wrong.

Just looked now again and the diagram is indeed there on page 114 ☺️

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/24/2024 at 6:24 PM, Gerry Down said:

Thanks. I heard Steve Roe say in an interview a while back that he had put a diagram of the escape route in her book so I went out and bought it around a year ago, flicked through the book and couldn't see any diagram.

I was wondering how Steve Roe could get such a thing wrong.

Just looked now again and the diagram is indeed there on page 114 ☺️

Had me thinking there for a minute, I know I put it in there. 

Regarding the wall where the Walker bullet went through (yes, the real Walker bullet CE573), it was a lath/plaster wall. If I recall right, Walker said it was 9" inches thick in his WC testimony. Technically you can call it masonry, but specifically it was metal lathing and plaster. That was typical of homes back in that era, before drywall sheeting.