The Education Forum

Rob Reiner talks about two Oswalds

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

The two-Oswald project was quite real.  The evidence for two Oswalds runs like a river through the entire decade leading up to the assassination of JFK.  

No, it actually was not real in the slightest, which is why it is the laughingstock of the JFK research community. There is absolutely ZERO hard evidence supporting the notion that Lee Harvey Oswald had a Hungarian-born, Russian-speaking doppelganger. Any "sightings" or alleged impersonations of Oswald fall into a completely different category than that nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Jim Hargrove Can you refresh my memory as it's been years since I studied Armstrong and I don't have a copy of his work at hand.  Does he address the possibility of two Oswalds in play during the arrest at the Texas Theatre?

That was discussed in Jim Douglass' book but there are ample other explanations for the alleged incident therein that do not involve a secret, decades-long government-funded doppelganger program.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

That was discussed in Jim Douglass' book but there are ample other explanations for the alleged incident therein that do not involve a secret, decades-long government-funded doppelganger program.

Can you be more specific, Jonathan? Appealing to the authority of Douglass doesn't do him justice.  Please provide detail.

Also, do you know why an Oswald would head for the balcony of a movie theatre in a still  highly segregated city?

14 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Can you be more specific, Jonathan? Appealing to the authority of Douglass doesn't do him justice.  Please provide detail.

Detail of what? It's in his book which I don't have it handy, so if you're curious, you can check it for yourself. It has also been discussed in many prior forum threads, which can be searched.

15 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Also, do you know why an Oswald would head for the balcony of a movie theatre in a still  highly segregated city?

I have no idea, and neither can anyone else other than Oswald himself. We have no choice but to speculate, which leads nowhere.

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Jim Hargrove Can you refresh my memory as it's been years since I studied Armstrong and I don't have a copy of his work at hand.  Does he address the possibility of two Oswalds in play during the arrest at the Texas Theatre?

Leslie not to step on Jim's toes or toot my own horn, he expresses his and John Armstrongs thoughts in some detail here.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Detail of what? It's in his book which I don't have it handy, so if you're curious, you can check it for yourself. It has also been discussed in many prior forum threads, which can be searched.

I have no idea, and neither can anyone else other than Oswald himself. We have no choice but to speculate, which leads nowhere.

Jonathan, you made the assertion and cited Douglass so I think the burden is on you? 

Oswald born in New Orleans grew up in the South and would be cognizant of the significance of heading to the balcony; he would only do so if in solidarity to the African American community OR to meet someone in the dark of the balcony.  Ergo, the importance of identifying whether there were two Oswalds in the theatre during the critical episode.   

4 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Jonathan, you made the assertion and cited Douglass so I think the burden is on you? 

What "assertion" ? You asked about two Oswalds in the theater and I told you it was mentioned in Douglass' book. What else is it that you'd like me to do?

4 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Oswald born in New Orleans grew up in the South and would be cognizant of the significance of heading to the balcony; he would only do so if in solidarity to the African American community OR to meet someone in the dark of the balcony.

Total and complete speculation. Neither you nor anyone other than Oswald himself can say for sure what he "would be cognizant" of.

56 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Leslie not to step on Jim's toes or toot my own horn, he expresses his and John Armstrongs thoughts in some detail here.

Thanks very much, Ron.

Has it been determined whether the Oswald taken out the back is the same Balcony Oswald who Burroughs sold popcorn to?  And does the Stringfellow statement that Oswald was arrested in the balcony align with both?

22 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

What "assertion" ? You asked about two Oswalds in the theater and I told you it was mentioned in Douglass' book. What else is it that you'd like me to do?

Total and complete speculation. Neither you nor anyone other than Oswald himself can say for sure what he "would be cognizant" of.

21 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Bam!  Outta the park!  I'd been looking again at Baker's end notes, hard to figure out his source from there.  

This is great.  Documentation now that on the evening of Thursday November 21, 1963 George Herbert Walker Bush was in Dallas speaking to the AAODC.  Introduced by Zeppa? 

While Richard Nixon was in town as a lawyer for the Pepsico convention/ Frito Lay merger, along with Joan Crawford, and somebody else important (?)

Nixon stayed the night for sure.  Likely the Bushes and Zeppa too as the speech was at the Sheraton and probably later in the evening.

Two future president's who eventually benefited from JFK's demise.

The next morning there was One President in Dallas with three or four future ones there, maybe not all at the same time.

At 12:30 that changed.

Too strange for a coincidence for me.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Edited by Leslie Sharp

20 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Ron was gracious enough to link to the relevant forum discussion.

Oswald's frequent references to those personal experiences that informed his politics  provides insight into what he was cognizant of in 1963, including racial segregation n America.  

You continue to reveal how unqualified you are to contribute to threads focused on specifics of the investigation.  

Just now, Leslie Sharp said:

Ron was gracious enough to link to the relevant forum discussion.

And then I linked you to another thread here. Is that enough for you?

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Oswald's frequent references to those personal experiences that informed his politics  provides insight into what he was cognizant of in 1963, including racial segregation n America.

You've got to be joking if you think you can somehow extrapolate that to accurately interpret his movements inside the theater. That's not how real research is conducted.

2 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

You continue to reveal how unqualified you are to contribute to threads focused on specifics of the investigation.  

And you truly do not have a clue what you're talking about in that regard.

1 minute ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

And then I linked you to another thread here. Is that enough for you?

You've got to be joking if you think you can somehow extrapolate that to accurately interpret his movements inside the theater. That's not how real research is conducted.

And you truly do not have a clue what you're talking about in that regard.

Let me walk you through this slowly:

Two Oswalds are in the theatre.

Both are Caucasian.

One opts to sit in the main auditorium.

Another climbs the stairs to the Coloreds Only balcony.

1)  Why didn't both white guys sit in the auditorium?  

2)  Why would LHO — who was raised in the South and knew segregation protocol — risk calling attention by heading for the balcony? 

3) If Look Alike Oswald sat in the balcony was it to guarantee he would be spotted?

4) Was the poorly lit balcony the safest place for LHO to meet up with his handler?

Details do get deep.  Burroughs thought Oswald came in the front doors then went up the stairs, before entering the concession area/1st floor seat access doors.  Which is why he missed seeing him while stocking candy there. 

There is a back stairs from the balcony to the concession area /lobby/bathrooms.  Following this straight through the theater leads to the back door.  Where somebody was taken out of into a police car and taken away.