The Education Forum

Brad Pitt, Joyce Carol Oates and the Road to Blonde

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

1)  I will tell you over and over you must care what happened to Marilyn.

I care about Marilyn.  I just don't care who she slept with.

How can you care more about Dhiem then her?

Because the overthrow of Diem led to the death of millions, including my brother who finally succumbed to the leukemia he contracted from Agent Orange exposure in 'Nam.

2) The RFK effort is going great.  He is on ballot now in CA.  NV next.  Already several signs up against HOA wishes.

Junior probably has pushed Trump to the right on public health issues -- Don Fuhrer vows to abolish the pandemic-response team at the White House in spite of the looming threat from bird flu.  Dumbing down to dictatorship...

3)  I will admit to your Dunaway when I get a Veronica Lake from you-and your Marilyn picture in your kitchen.  

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
On 2/27/2024 at 11:19 PM, Robert Morrow said:

Joe DiMaggio, who probably loved Marilyn Monroe more than anyone else, went to his grave thinking the Kennedys murdered Marilyn Monroe. Joe DiMaggio died convinced JFK had Monroe killed (scotsman.com) 

I personally do not think the Kennedys killed Monroe but I think at the very least Robert Kennedy read Monroe the riot act and psychologically pushed the poor woman over the edge to a point where she committed suicide by pills or, more likely, died of an accidental overdose. DiMaggio for 20 years had fresh white roses delivered to Monroe's grave TWICE A WEEK so he was heavily invested in the memory of her.

I do know this: Robert Kennedy pulled Monroe off the set of her movie so that she could sing "Happy Birthday" to President Kennedy at Madison Square Garden. That was a birthday celebration that Jackie Kennedy made a choice NOT TO ATTEND. Marlyn had literally been stitched into her evening gown for that occasion. Monroe abandoning her movie set to sing for JFK caused her great difficulties with her studio bosses who were extremely displeased by this.

DiMaggio shed no tears when the Kennedys were assassinated. According to the book, which contains a foreword by Henry Kissinger, DiMaggio believed "they got what they deserved".

DiMaggio, who was 84 when he died after a long battle with cancer, refused to shake Robert Kennedy’s hand when they met at New York’s Yankee Stadium. Just a few years before he died he agreed to go to the Kennedy Centre only if no member of the extended political family was there.

When Engelberg asked him why, DiMaggio responded: "What they did to me will never be forgotten."

DiMaggio was considered to be one of the greatest baseball players, but he hated the limelight and sports fans were stunned when he suddenly married Monroe in 1954. He was 39 and already retired, she was 27 and at the height of her fame.

UNQUOTE

Date of Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK: May 19, 1962.

Date of Marilyn Monroe's death: August 4, 1962, less than 3 months later.

Thank you. I did not know of this.  

It is obvious by Jackie's behavior that Marilyn had gone too far in singing to JFK at Madison Square Garden. I think, in fact, that was her death sentence.

Marilyn was surrounded by Kennedys at the time of her death, including Pat Newcomb, who had a connection to RFK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Newcomb

I don't think this is just a series of odd coincidences. 

Ironically, the address of Marilyn's first modeling agency, the Blue Book Agency, was at the Ambassador Hotel...

https://calisphere.org/item/e0decccef64b939cb8d2d1078d207397/#:~:text=This was known as the,poolside at this very site.

Edited by Pamela Brown