The Education Forum

Did Ruth Paine lie to authorities?

2 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

I believe Ruth testified she knew of no allegation that Lee beat Marina. She certainly testified she knew nothing of any violence of Oswald toward Marina or otherwise herself. 

Yes, why not the phone book, I assume so. How else? What do you think? What is your point?

You should look into that point.   It is interesting.  

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Egad Tony, " words to the effect".? So this your lead to establish RP is lying?

Actually, no, not in relation to her phone conversation with Truly. I'm suggesting there was no job "opening" conveyed to Ruth.

Frazier: Mr. Shelley informed me that anyone wanting a job could come in and fill out an application.

"I came home and told Linnie what Mr. Shelley had said.

Therefore what Frazier told Linnie is this: "anyone wanting a job could come in and fill out an application".

There's nothing about an opening. 

The instructions to Frazier were clear, Oswald, or anyone, was free to turn up at the TSBD and make an application for work. That message could have been passed on to Oswald, there was no need for anyone to phone Truly.

Edited by Tony Krome

On 3/1/2024 at 11:24 AM, Micah Mileto said:

Kudos to Lifton for towing the line of "Oswald kept his secrets from everybody, including his wife. He was a good actor". Marina did say that if she could ask Lee any question now, she wouldn't ask if he killed Kennedy because she already knows he didn't, she would ask "who are you?".

Could you give me a web link or book page on that quote. I want to use it. Thank you. - RM

I am referring to the Marina quote.

8 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Somewhere here:

Nov. 2013 interview of Lifton by Jon Martinson [video, part 1] [link 2]

Thank you. Basically, David Lifton heard Marina Oswald make this quote about Oswald.

20 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

Thank you. Basically, David Lifton heard Marina Oswald make this quote about Oswald.

Yes, and Robert Oswald told Lifton that Lee said to him in jail "Don't believe the so-called evidence".

Edited by Micah Mileto

4 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Yes, and Robert Oswald told Lifton that Lee said to him in jail "Don't believe the so-called evidence".

Email from David Lifton to Robert Morrow on March 16, 2018 regarding his interview of Michael Paine circa the year 1994

Sent: Mar 16, 2018 10:30 PM 

Subject: Fw: CIA patsy Lee Harvey Oswald told Michael Paine that JFK was the best president he had seen in his lifetime! 

Friday evening, 3/16/2018 - 10:24 PM PDT

As I'm sure know (or will soon find out) Michael Paine died.

Please do note: that back around 1994 (plus or minus), I had a full-dress on-the-record tape recorded interview, with Michael Paine, at his home in Boxboro, Mass.  

I have notes and transcripts, etc., and cannot today recall everything he said; but I did want to note that my questioning was good, and at one point, he got rather emotional, started trembling, and broke down and started to cry. 

As I recall, I formed the opinion that he knew (or realized) that LHO had been framed. This is contrary to the behavior of Ruth, who carried her belief that LHO was the assassin all the way into her later years, and that is something that is quite likely her belief (still) today.

You can share any part of this email with anyone.

Best, DSL

David Lifton, again, on his circa 1994-1995 interview of Michael Paine

My 1995 Interview of Michael Paine - JFK Assassination Debate - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

In 1995, I was briefly in the Boston area —specifically, in Boxborough, Mass.  At that time, arranged to interview Michael Paine, who I had learned lived nearby.  The interview lasted for about two hours and was audiotaped. I’m writing here from recollection; but here is the main thing that I remember.

I am sure that I made clear to Michael Paine that I did not believe that Lee Oswald was JFK's assassin; further, that I believed he was posing as a Marxist.

As our interview proceeded, Michael —who passed in March 2018 —became more and more upset,and finally ended up bursting into tears, and crying.  Really sobbing.  It seemed obvious to me that Michael Paine’s view of Oswald had changed (over the years, and from whatever it originally was) and now (perhaps) felt a considerable amount of guilt.

One detail that stands out: Michael told me that DPD Captain Will Fritz was very intimidating, and struck him- —yes, hit him, or slapped him, real hard, right across the face —because Fritz was not happy with whatever it was that Paine was telling him, about Oswald.

At some point, it is my intention to locate the tapes (and/or the transcripts  or notes I may have made) and donate this  material to the Sixth Floor Museum.

DSL (5/8/22 8:30 AM PDT)

UNQUOTE