The Education Forum

Hit List-- The Systematic Murders of JFK Witnesses

12 minutes ago, Kevin Balch said:

So why wasn’t the wife who worked for Ruby also eliminated?

Based on the footnotes regarding Killam’s death, much of the information in “Hit List” was sourced from a National Enquirer article in 1967.

Not true, Kevin.

Study the 16 pages of detailed references in the Index of Hit List.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/6/2024 at 11:25 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Jim,

Belzer's hit list of murdered JFKA witnesses is substantial, and the forensic evidence and actuarial probabilities are extremely suspicious-- the diametric opposite of what Pat Speer claimed (above.)  

All of the identified cases in the book were people who had knowledge about people and events relating to JFK's murder, and many died when they were threatening or scheduled to spill the beans-- e.g., Gary Underhill, the journalist from L.A. (Hunter?) who had been in Ruby's apartment,  Mary Pinchot Meyer, Dorothy Killgallen, David Ferrie, William Sullivan,  (and a few FBI lab technicians) the officer who filmed the Bethesda autopsy, Giancana, De Mohrenschildt, and dozens more.  (I'm naming a few off of the top of my head.)

In Lee Bowers case, he was driven off the road by a mystery vehicle into a concrete wall, and he told the EMTs prior to his death that he thought his coffee had been drugged at a local diner, before returning to his car.  Bowers had also, reportedly, told family members that he had not reported everything that he witnessed on 11/22/63-- in the parking lot behind the picket fence-- because he was afraid.

Curiously, this is the precise opposite of what Pat Speer just claimed (above.)  Pat's 0-2 here.

My impression from studying the Hit List data is that someone was carefully monitoring these witnesses over time -- tapping phones, etc.-- and ordering hits when they had evidence of impending testimony refuting the Warren Commission narrative.

Incidentally, William Sullivan told friends that he thought he was going to be murdered, prior to his Congressional testimony.

My hypothesis is that these systematic murders of witnesses were implementations of the 1964 CIA Executive Order instructing Agency personnel to do "whatever is necessary" to promote public acceptance of the Warren Commission Report.

"In Lee Bowers case, he was driven off the road by a mystery vehicle into a concrete wall, and he told the EMTs prior to his death that he thought his coffee had been drugged at a local diner, before returning to his car.  Bowers had also, reportedly, told family members that he had not reported everything that he witnessed on 11/22/63-- in the parking lot behind the picket fence-- because he was afraid."

Bowers never said a word to any EMT at the scene.  He was unresponsive and wasn't able to talk, i.e. he was unconscious.  He certainly was NOT driven off the road by a mystery vehicle.  Noel Coward (Pat Martin Funeral Home ambulance driver who responded to the accident) said that he believed Bowers was dead at the scene.

The death certificate stated that Bowers died from "multiple head and internal injuries" and that the time of death in relation to these injuries was "instant".  This tells you that death occurred when the head injuries and internal injuries occurred.  In addition to what Coward believed, the death certificate also tells you that Bowers was killed at the scene.

Dr. Roy Bohl was the attending physician at Waxahachie Hospital when Bowers arrived in an ambulance.  Dr. Bohl refuted any notion that Bowers was in a "strange state of shock", per Penn Jones' allegation.

The Penn Jones stuff (about Bowers being in a state of shock and talking to the EMT at the scene) is pure nonsense.

Edited by Bill Brown

Bill,

According to Belzer, the witness account of a vehicle driving Bowers into the concrete wall, and his survival after the crash is attributed to Groden and Livingstone's book, High Treason. 

Lee Bowers was heading west on Highway 67 from Midlothian down to Cleburne, and according to an eyewitness was driven off the road by a black car, sending him into  a bridge abutment.  He didn't die immediately; he held on for four hours, and during that time was talking to the ambulance people and told them that he felt he had been drugged when he stopped for coffee back a few miles in Midlothian.

Hit List (Sky Horse) 2013  p.137

I wonder if the Murder, Inc. guys threatened your contrary witness.

P.S.  Have you posted your biographical info for the forum yet?

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Bill,

According to Belzer, the witness account of a vehicle driving Bowers into the concrete wall, and his survival after the crash is attributed to Groden and Livingstone's book, High Treason. 

Lee Bowers was heading west on Highway 67 from Midlothian down to Cleburne, and according to an eyewitness was driven off the road by a black car, sending him into  a bridge abutment.  He didn't die immediately; he held on for four hours, and during that time was talking to the ambulance people and told them that he felt he had been drugged when he stopped for coffee back a few miles in Midlothian.

Hit List (Sky Horse) 2013  p.137

I wonder if the Murder, Inc. guys threatened your contrary witness.

P.S.  Have you posted your biographical info for the forum yet?

So when you don't like what a witness says (ambulance driver Noel Coward and attending physician Dr. Roy Bohl), just raise the question that perhaps they were threatened.  Got it.

Edited by Bill Brown

8 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

So when you don't like what a witness says (ambulance driver Noel Coward and attending physician Dr. Roy Bohl), just raise the question that perhaps they were threatened.  Got it.

Bill,

Let me guess.  Do you also doubt that the docs at Parkland were threatened about their testimony after JFK's death?

Incidentally, can you post a reference for your claims about the ambulance driver and doc in the Lee Bowers case?

I'm curious about the details, given the bizarre histories of the murdered JFKA witnesses.

Before we go much further into this, didn't we do it in the last year or two?  Was some of this covered earlier in the thread?  Let's reiterate.  His wife after he died stated words to the effect of they told him to quit talking, but he didn't.  The only investigation of the accident was by a friend of Bowers who just happened to be a Texas Department Public Safety Officer, the DPS, they patrol the highways in Texas and investigate accidents on them.  He went to the wrecking yard where Bowers car was towed, he observed paint marks and I believe dents in the drivers side of the car.  He interviewed the farmer in the field fixing fence along side the road.  The farmer noticed one car passing by following another, after they went by he heard a crash seeing the front car crashed into the bridge abutment and the rear car going on down the road.

10 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

Just a two hour rereading of the Lee Bowers story including his car crash death I was reminded how outrageously Warren Commission threatening it all was.

Learning of Bowers early and young adult life one cannot impugn his character and integrity.

Texas born and raised. Joined the Navy at 16 or 17. Did his time honorably during the war. Gets out and does part time building trade work and goes to college. Eventually getting a 4 year degree.

He gets a job with the railroad company and works for them for 15 years! Apparently no disciplinary problems all that time. His position is a responsible one. Tower/Traffic operator.

Is there a documented history bio of Bowers that exposes any negative or bad character traits? I sure can't find one.

He testifies to the Warren Commission and his testimony comes across as very reasonable and intelligent. He doesn't exaggerate or embellish.

Bowers describes unusual persons and actions he saw in his great 14 foot high Tower seat over-view. Including the entire car parking lot, all the way up to the tree covered grassy knoll picket fence. 

Two men (neither railroad men ) one middle aged on the heavy side with black pants and white shirt, the other young in age wearing a checkered shirt or jacket.

According to Bowers, these two appeared not to be together even though they were no more 15 feet between them at times.

The dress of these two men and their ages suggest an odd if not suspicious pairing just to be that close by each other.

And where do they decide to stand around in the minutes before and right up to the shooting?

"Behind" the canopy of trees on the top of the knoll and behind the picket fence?

Unless they were agency men, what rational, innocent person would choose to place themselves in such an obstructed view location of the motorcade?

I love Bowers description of the sound of the shots he heard.

Table knock bam...pause...then Bam/Bam!

Bowers said these were "three separate shots."

He even mentioned hearing "reverberations" after these shots as separate sounds which countered any proposition that one of the shots was an echo.

Joseph A. Ball: Did you hear anything?

Lee Bowers: I heard three shots. One, then a slight pause, then two very close together. Also reverberation from the shots.

The Commission questioners must have had a noogie moment there.

Bowers was a good and committed employee. Intelligent enough to transition to a management level job with a development company after leaving the Rail Road position.

Bowers was a beloved brother. He was married. 

Now, he had this apparent blackout at the wheel of his brand new company car just minutes after leaving a local diner and having a cup of coffee. It's a sunny morning. A local farm owner who was doing fence repair close to the highway stated to the police he saw Bowers car followed closely by another and both cars were doing only 50 MPH ( slower than normal according to this witness ) when he noticed them.

This farm worker person obviously worked in this area more than this one time and imo it's reasonable to assume he was used to seeing traffic on the close by highway. He would have a good estimate of the speed of the cars.

The fence repair man sees these two cars next to each other, looks away for a few seconds and then hears a crash and looks up to see the other car next to Bowers car speed away. Wouldn't they stop to help?

Too many varied medical reports to believe any of them clearly over the others.

Reports of doctors attending to Bowers noticing him in a strange trance before he died ring as true to me as much as not.

These nothing unusual reports can be made up just as easily as something more nefarious.

Bower's brother Monty contradicts himself. Says he and Lee suffered from allergies and thinks his brother Lee went into a sneezing fit and with no braking doing 50 mph simply lost control of his car? Please.

Bower's' closest friends are dismissed as kind of no nothing dummies.

A missing finger or partial missing finger story is accepted as much as dismissed.

The highway was a North Texas out there one.

What are the odds that Lee Bowers would lose control just close enough to an overhanging cement structure when these were probably miles apart on that stretch. Miles of open land roadside in between.

Bowers was just 41 when he died? No medical history of heart problems, fainting, blackouts. He was not suicidal. He did not have a heart attack. His body is cremated in just two days?

Shades of the Henry Marshall quick cremation murder.

Edited by Joe Bauer

18 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Before we go much further into this, didn't we do it in the last year or two?  Was some of this covered earlier in the thread?  Let's reiterate.  His wife after he died stated words to the effect of they told him to quit talking, but he didn't.  The only investigation of the accident was by a friend of Bowers who just happened to be a Texas Department Public Safety Officer, the DPS, they patrol the highways in Texas and investigate accidents on them.  He went to the wrecking yard where Bowers car was towed, he observed paint marks and I believe dents in the drivers side of the car.  He interviewed the farmer in the field fixing fence along side the road.  The farmer noticed one car passing by following another, after they went by he heard a crash seeing the front car crashed into the bridge abutment and the rear car going on down the road.

There you go. Case closed. Bowers was murdered...and we all know it. 

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Just a two hour rereading of the Lee Bowers story including his car crash death I was reminded how outrageously Warren Commission threatening it all was.

Learning of Bowers early and young adult life one cannot impugn his character and integrity.

Texas born and raised. Joined the Navy at 16 or 17. Did his time honorably during the war. Gets out and does part time building trade work and goes to college. Eventually getting a 4 year degree.

He gets a job with the railroad company and works for them for 15 years! Apparently no disciplinary problems all that time. His position is a responsible one. Tower/Traffic operator.

Is there a documented history bio of Bowers that exposes any negative or bad character traits? I sure can't find one.

He testifies to the Warren Commission and his testimony comes across as very reasonable and intelligent. He doesn't exaggerate or embellish.

Bowers describes unusual persons and actions he saw in his great 20 foot high Tower seat over-view. Including the entire car parking lot, all the way up to the tree covered grassy knoll picket fence. 

Two men (neither railroad men ) one middle aged on the heavy side with black pants and white shirt, the other young in age wearing a checkered shirt or jacket.

According to Bowers, these two appeared to be together even though there was 15 feet between them at times.

The dress of these two men and their ages suggest an odd if not suspicious pairing.

And where do they decide to stand around in the minutes before and right up to the shooting?

"Behind" the canopy of trees on the top of the knoll and behind the picket fence?

Unless they were agency men, what rational, innocent person would choose to place themselves in such an obstructed view location of the motorcade?

I love Bowers description of the sound of the shots he heard.

Table knock bam...pause...then Bam/Bam!

Bowers said these were "three separate shots."

He even mentioned hearing "reverberations" after these shots as separate sounds which countered any proposition that one of the shots was an echo.

Joseph A. Ball: Did you hear anything?

Lee Bowers: I heard three shots. One, then a slight pause, then two very close together. Also reverberation from the shots.

The Commission questioners must have had a noogie moment there.

Bowers was a good and committed employee. Intelligent enough to transition to a management level job with a development company after leaving the Rail Road position.

Bowers was a beloved brother. He was married. 

Now, he had this apparent blackout at the wheel of his brand new company car just minutes after leaving a local diner and having a cup of coffee. It's a sunny morning. A local farm owner who was doing fence repair close to the highway stated to the police he saw Bowers car followed closely by another and both cars were doing only 50 MPH ( slower than normal according to this witness ) when he noticed them.

This farm person obvious was used to seeing traffic on the highway. He would have a good estimate of the speed of the cars imo. The fence repair man hears a crash and looks up to see the other car so close to Bowers car speed away. Wouldn't they stop to help?

Too many varied medical reports to believe any of them clearly over the others.

Reports of doctors attending to Bowers noticing him in a strange trance before he died ring as true to me as much as not.

These nothing unusual reports can be made up just as easily as something more nefarious.

Bower's brother Monty contradicts himself. Says he and Lee suffered from allergies and thinks his brother Lee went into a sneezing fit and with no braking doing 50 mph simply lost control of his car? Please.

Bower's' closest friends are dismissed as kind of no nothing dummies.

A missing finger or partial missing finger story is accepted as much as dismissed.

The highway was a North Texas out there one.

What are the odds that Lee Bowers would lose control just close enough to an overhanging cement abutment when these were probably miles apart on that stretch. Miles of open land roadside in between.

Bowers was just 41 when he died? No medical history of heart problems, fainting, blackout. He was not suicidal. He did not have a heart attack. His body is cremated in just two days?

Shades of the Henry Marshall quick cremation murder.

Lee Bowers' parents knew almost nothing of what their son experienced on the day of the assassination. Lee was protecting them from danger. HSCA document below

Lee-Bowers-parents1.png

Lee-Bowers-parents2.png

He mentioned the less others thought they knew the less problems they would have. Also added they were aware of the mounting toll of deaths of ''Kennedy Witnesses''.

At a Lancer conference about 15 years ago , I bought a book purporting to explain the crash to Bowers having a severe allergic reaction, plus some testimony from the nearby farmer raising no suspicious of a second vehicle (by memory).

Having never heard of an allergy-induced single car crash, and against circumstantial evidence re the JFKA, I tentatively concluded that his murder was unproven but possible given what we strongly believe he witnessed.

2 hours ago, David McLean said:

At a Lancer conference about 15 years ago , I bought a book purporting to explain the crash to Bowers having a severe allergic reaction, plus some testimony from the nearby farmer raising no suspicious of a second vehicle (by memory).

Having never heard of an allergy-induced single car crash, and against circumstantial evidence re the JFKA, I tentatively concluded that his murder was unproven but possible given what we strongly believe he witnessed.

Who wrote that book you read D. McLean?

Sure didn't catch on in the JFKA research community did it?

Wouldn't a first responding medical doctor had caught some sign of an allergic reaction? Flushed face, histamine release, heart damage released chemical such as troponin present?

The big bombshell in Bowers story is him saying to Mark Lane, that at the time of the shooting something unusual caught his attention at the grassy knoll top area. A flash of light...a puff of smoke.

I just watched this interview again. Bowers described this so calmly and matter of factly. Oliver Stone made sure this interview quote was the highlight of his Bower character dialogue. Plus a scene showing him being lifted dead out of a car.

Then this cherry blossom.

Mark Lane asked Bowers if he mentioned his flash of light or smoke seeing observation at the time of the shooting to the Warren Commission. Bowers said he started to and right in the middle of telling this observation ... his Warren Commission questioner cut him off and changed the subject?

Talk about a purposeful misdirection red flag!

Bower and his testimony and odd death at just 41 on a sunny morning in a new car into a highway structure and only drinking coffee minutes earlier is really one of the most Warren Commission integrity impugning important ones imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer