The Education Forum

Cyril Wecht has passed on

Thanks for this Lori.   

Its a good precis of his career in the JFK case.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless Cyril Wecht! I think he was such an important ally to the truth in the JFKA. He was outspoken about the case (when he did not have to be) and he brought a certain gravitas and scientific legitimacy to the argument for conspiracy. This was obviously a controversial view (or even more controversial than today) in the mainstream media and the press, but he went against the grain. This is not to mention what it could mean for his career as a physician. 

Also not sure if this was mentioned before, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him portrayed in the movie "Concussion" by Albert Brooks since he was the teacher and mentor of Dr. Omalu, the man who bravely brought the NFL's concussion issue to light. What an amazing life Dr. Wecht led and he deserves plenty of praise!

23 minutes ago, Brian Kelly said:

God bless Cyril Wecht! I think he was such an important ally to the truth in the JFKA. He was outspoken about the case (when he did not have to be) and he brought a certain gravitas and scientific legitimacy to the argument for conspiracy. This was obviously a controversial view (or even more controversial than today) in the mainstream media and the press, but he went against the grain. This is not to mention what it could mean for his career as a physician. 

Also not sure if this was mentioned before, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him portrayed in the movie "Concussion" by Albert Brooks since he was the teacher and mentor of Dr. Omalu, the man who bravely brought the NFL's concussion issue to light. What an amazing life Dr. Wecht led and he deserves plenty of praise!

I have made the joke several times over the past week that when it came to casting an actor to play Wecht in Concussion, the only person they could find to capture his charm and charisma was Albert Einstein (Albert Brooks' childhood name). 

I am doing a part 2 for my substack on Cyril.

When done i will post here.

I have to reread his last book, and read his autobiography.