The Education Forum

Amazing HSCA panel COPA conference 1995: Baden, Purdy, Wecht + Gary Aguilar and Kathy Cunningham

If you do not know who these people are, going counter clockwise, its Gary Aguilar, Kathy Cunningham, Bob Tanenbaum, Mike Baden, Cyril Wecht and Andy Purdy.

This is very important since it proves that the HSCA knew  they were lying in their report.

If not for the ARRB, we would not have found that out.

21 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

If you do not know who these people are, going counter clockwise, its Gary Aguilar, Kathy Cunningham, Bob Tanenbaum, Mike Baden, Cyril Wecht and Andy Purdy.

This is very important since it proves that the HSCA knew  they were lying in their report.

If not for the ARRB, we would not have found that out.

The ARRB was extremely important on so many levels. Their unofficial medical evidence investigation was tremendous, as well.

Posted (edited)

BTW, Andy Purdy is a story and a half.

He actually worked for Mark Lane as part of his volunteer network.

He then got Groden to show the Z film to Tom Downing, the congressman from Virginia.  Which was crucial to getting the HSCA off the ground since it was Downing who gave speech after speech on the floor of congress finally bringing it to a vote.  Because of that Purdy was placed on the HSCA as an investigator. 

But when Sprague and Tanenbaum left, and then Blakey came in, something happened.  Blakey called in Baden, and he then called in Purdy.  Baden was now going to head the medical panel and Purdy was going to be the lead investigator.  When Purdy came out of the office, he told Eddie Lopez, "We're going with the single bullet theory."  Eddie then added, "Jim, from that moment on, Andy Purdy had religion about the Magic Bullet." 

Edited by James DiEugenio

I disagree about no firm conclusions.

1. The back wound was not dissected because the military guys would not let the doctors perform a dissection.

2. The brain was not sectioned, in a gunshot wound to the skull murder! 

3. Stringer did not take the photos of the brain.

4. Those pics and illustrations and measurements are not of Kennedy's brain.

As Cyril Wecht once said, the reason the brain disappeared is that it would have revealed two shots to the skull.

Posted (edited)

BTW, the specific piece of malarkey that was exposed by the ARRB was in Chapter 7, page 37 of the HSCA volumes.

There they wrote that in disagreement with the Parkland doctors, the Bethesda personnel all agreed that there was no baseball sized hole in the back of the skull.

When Gary Aguilar went to the archives and saw the HSCA classified memos and  illustrations he found out that not only was this false.  The contrary was true.  The people at  Bethesda agreed with the Parkland observers.

So Gary now tried to find out: well who wrote that piece of crud for the HSCA?

He asked Baden: Not me.

He asked Purdy: Not me.

He asked Blakey: Not me.

Beginning to sound like the Nuremburg trials right?

The only guy left would be Billings right?  Did he write it? Or is someone prevaricating?

Personally, I thought this was one of the key discoveries made by the ARRB.  And only in America could it have been hushed up the media. I am glad we got it in JFK Revisited.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, the specific piece of malarkey that was exposed by the ARRB was in Chapter 7, page 37 of the HSCA volumes.

There they wrote that in disagreement with the Parkland doctors, the Bethesda personnel all agreed that there was no baseball sized hole in the back of the skull.

When Gary Aguilar went to the archives and saw the HSCA classified memos and  illustrations he found out that not only was this false.  The contrary was true.  The people at  Bethesda agreed with the Parkland observers.

So Gary now tried to find out: well who wrote that piece of crud for the HSCA?

He asked Baden: Not me.

He asked Purdy: Not me.

He asked Blakey: Not me.

Beginning to sound like the Nuremburg trials right?

The only guy left would be Billings right?  Did he write it? Or is someone prevaricating?

Personally, I thought this was one of the key discoveries made by the ARRB.  And only in America could it have been hushed up the media. I am glad we got it in JFK Revisited.

If my recollection is correct, the Pathology Panel was broken in two, and Loquvam and Weston wrote up two separate reports that were then combined, after which the combined report was sent to all the members for approval. I don't recall if it's been shown just when the offending passage was put into the report. If we in fact don't know, well, then, it could have been inserted by Loquvam and/or Weston early on, right? 

If memory serves, Baden said he and his panel were never even shown the outside contact reports of the Bethesda witnesses. Well, it true, this would rule out the doctors as the source,,,.

Which makes Purdy the most likely suspect...

Only...no. I don't believe Baden. From studying his statements over the years, I have come to conclude that he likes talking out of his rump, and saying things which seem true but are not.

So I think the offending passage was something added by Baden in the final stages of the report. It was not part of a giant conspiracy, just the blitherings of one known to blither. 

Edited by Pat Speer

PAT:

The footnotes to the sentence refers to the staff interviews with the Bethesda personnel.

So you are saying that Baden prevaricated twice?

Once when he wrote that BS in the report and then again denying he did it?  Actually three times if you really count what is in the footnote.

Here is another problem with Pat's scenario.

As we all know, Blakey let everyone go by the end of 1978.  He stayed behind with Billings and two other assistants who I have not been able to identify.

That is when they issued the Final Report and volumes.

Are you going to tell me that Blakey nor Billings read the volumes before they were published?

On 5/15/2024 at 1:02 PM, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, Andy Purdy is a story and a half.

He actually worked for Mark Lane as part of his volunteer network.

He then got Groden to show the Z film to Tom Downing, the congressman from Virginia.  Which was crucial to getting the HSCA off the ground since it was Downing who gave speech after speech on the floor of congress finally bringing it to a vote.  Because of that Purdy was placed on the HSCA as an investigator. 

But when Sprague and Tanenbaum left, and then Blakey came in, something happened.  Blakey called in Baden, and he then called in Purdy.  Baden was now going to head the medical panel and Purdy was going to be the lead investigator.  When Purdy came out of the office, he told Eddie Lopez, "We're going with the single bullet theory."  Eddie then added, "Jim, from that moment on, Andy Purdy had religion about the Magic Bullet." 

JD--

Andy Purdy would go on to have a long career in-and-out the national security state. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andy-purdy-9b1b554/details/experience/

Strangely, after working on-and-off for US intel-related gigs for decades, Purdy then spent 12 years working for Huawei, the Beijing team. 

Chief Security Officer 

"HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES U.S. · Full-timeHUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES U.S. · Full-timeJul 2012 - Feb 2024 · 11 yrs 8 mosJul 2012 to Feb 2024 · 11 yrs 8 mosOn-siteOn-site

Futurewei Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd."

Purdy's first job ever was with the HSCA, according to his Linked In page. He had a JD in Law from the University of Virginia. He became senior staff counsel at the HSCA in 1976, that was 48 years ago. 

One might wonder what Blakey was doing, in terms of hiring. He had Cornell students and fresh law grads in positions I would want experienced, crafty and also well-educated guys handling.

Of course, the Cornell students worked their butts off, became immersed in the topic, and uncovered much (The Lopez Report). 

But in general...wouldn't you want some guys who had been around the block a few times? The JFKA is about the most tortured subject matter imaginable.