The Education Forum

The RFK1A Scott Enyart Photo Heist Points Away from the LBJ/JFKA Explanation

The year was 1996. 

LBJ had been dead 23 years. 

In a nutshell, Scott Enyart was photographer in 1969, in the pantry where RFK1 was assassinated. He snapped three rolls, which were confiscated by the LAPD and never seen again (see this link for a fuller explanation):

After much wrangling, it was discovered in 1996 the Enyart negatives had survived, and were in the State Archives in Sacramento, and a judge in L.A. ordered the negatives sent to his courtroom forthwith. The negatives were sent not by mail, or even registered mail Special Delivery, or Federal Express or UPS.

The negatives were considered so important, they were sent by courier from Sacramento to the L.A. courtroom.

You guessed it. The courier suffered a robbery, and the negatives were lost forever. 

You might suspect somebody did not want the negatives to be seen by the public. 

But LBJ, and many of his co-horts had moved on. Long time passing.

Who did not want the negatives to become public, and who could execute such a daring intervention? 

This Enyart photo heist happened after the 1968-9 snuff job done on the RFK1A investigation. 

Who could engineer the RFK1A and then suffocate an investigation---and follow that up 23 years later by seizing the Enyart negatives? 

If Sirhan was just a lone nut---really then, the Enyart negatives just happened to disappear in 1996 when en route to L.A. and public disclosure? From the protective services of a courier? 

The purposes of the RFK1A may have been a few, but likely one was to prevent RFK1 from investigating the JFKA earnestly, once in the White House. 

What type of group or organization had the resources and staying power, and connections to do a snuff job on the JFKA investigation, then the RFK1A investigation, and then 23 years later, pull off the Enyart negatives heist? 

That strikes me as well beyond the ken of foreign governments, the Mob, or right-wing racists and so on, or LBJ.

Who then?

Likely, the same organization that can subvert, evidently in perpetuity, the JFK Records Act. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

3 hours ago, Mike Aitken said:

Was the courier who had possession of the film ever identified/interviewed?

Mike,

Lisa Pease discussed the history of the stolen Enyart photos in her definitive history of the RFK assassination, A Lie Too Big to Fail.  She also described the history of the LAPD mysteriously incinerating thousands of other photos taken at the Ambassador Hotel at the time of RFK's murder.

So, we know that the LAPD, the FBI, and the CIA were all involved in covering up evidence of the plot to murder RFK-- e.g., the Fahey tape.

Agency involvement doesn't prove that LBJ wasn't in-the-loop -- on some level-- in the 1963 and 1968 Kennedy murders.  

LBJ had a close relationship with J. Edgar Hoover, and he appointed Allen Dulles to the Warren Commission.

As Peter Dale Scott said in a recent interview, the assassination ops were most likely perpetrated by a coalition.

Edited by W. Niederhut

3 hours ago, Mike Aitken said:

Was the courier who had possession of the film ever identified/interviewed?

I have wondered the same thing. All I can glean is (the cover story anyway) that the courier left the negatives in his car at LAX, from which they were stolen. 

In fact, the courier may not be in on the gag.

I would like to know if the courier left, say, a manila envelope in the trunk of his car, and that was stolen....

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I have wondered the same thing. All I can glean is (the cover story anyway) that the courier left the negatives in his car at LAX, from which they were stolen. 

I would like to know if the courier left, say, a manila envelope in the trunk of his car, and that was stolen....

Ben,

You should cite Lisa Pease's scholarly investigative work on these threads, rather than posting her material without attribution.

One thing she mentioned about the courier incident with the Enyart photos is that the photo thief didn't steal anything else in the car.

And, to reiterate, the evidence implicating the LAPD, FBI, and CIA in the cover up of the RFK assassination doesn't "point away" from LBJ-- your thesis on this thread.  

Instead, it points to an inter-agency "coalition" in the Kennedy assassination ops-- as Peter Dale Scott theorized.

LBJ was involved with all of them.

Edited by W. Niederhut

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Not to suggest that the courier was in on the theft but they would have been interviewed during the investigation.  There would have been a report taken (whether it still exists, who knows), and whatever they said is pertinent to this.  Couriers tend to be younger people, so that individual may still be around.  It would be interesting to hear what they have to say about the circumstances of the theft.

1 hour ago, Mike Aitken said:

Not to suggest that the courier was in on the theft but they would have been interviewed during the investigation.  There would have been a report taken (whether it still exists, who knows), and whatever they said is pertinent to this.  Couriers tend to be younger people, so that individual may still be around.  It would be interesting to hear what they have to say about the circumstances of the theft.

Agreed 100%

On 6/17/2024 at 11:12 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

After much wrangling, it was discovered in 1996 the Enyart negatives had survived, and were in the State Archives in Sacramento, and a judge in L.A. ordered the negatives sent to his courtroom forthwith. The negatives were sent not by mail, or even registered mail Special Delivery, or Federal Express or UPS.

The negatives were considered so important, they were sent by courier from Sacramento to the L.A. courtroom.

You guessed it. The courier suffered a robbery, and the negatives were lost forever. 

You might suspect somebody did not want the negatives to be seen by the public. 

This had to be a targeted robbery with someone on the inside involved. No ordinary thief is after picture negatives. The thief had to know what the courtier was carrying and how to expect him—and what the films likely showed. More cover up, possibly of Cesar accidentally shooting RFK. Does this sort of nonsense never end? 

19 minutes ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

This had to be a targeted robbery with someone on the inside involved. No ordinary thief is after picture negatives. The thief had to know what the courtier was carrying and how to expect him—and what the films likely showed. More cover up, possibly of Cesar accidentally shooting RFK. Does this sort of nonsense never end? 

Denise,

If I recall correctly, the theft of the photos occurred in the context of Scott Enyart's lawsuit/trial over the theft of his photos.

Meanwhile, hundreds of other Ambassador Hotel photos were destroyed by the LAPD.

Who knows what all they showed?  The girl in the polka dot dress?  Cesar?  Other assassins and CIA personnel in the area?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

Cesar accidentally shot RFK three times, and one time point blank into his head? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Cesar accidentally shot RFK three times, and one time point blank into his head? 

Well, I probably shouldn't post on the RFK1A because I haven't studied it in depth the same way I have the JFKA. However, I do know that the "Cesar accidental shooting" is a theory, and given what I know about the JFKA cover-up of the SS accident, it makes sense to me that something similar could happen in the RFK1A. But it would only take 1 shot from Cesar to make a cover-up desirous.

Again, I haven't yet p ut the effort into studying the RFK1A, so I'll stop now...

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I like the word ‘coalition’ in this context. 

The Warren Omission was a coalition to ban the Truth about the coalition that killed JFK.

I know probably not many here are fond of country music.  My dad came of age listening to Hank Williams Sr., in turn I did too.  Then along came Jr. in my late 20's, I have several albums.  I got really turned off by his political comments several years ago, as did Monday Night Football.  I'll blame this on W, as he first mentioned Coalition, got it stuck in my head, an earworm I believe it's called.  Now I have to share it to get rid of it.

21 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Agreed 100%

Does anyone know where the theft occurred and what law enforcement agency handled the report?  If so, one could contact the agency and see if the case report is still available.  Also, Enyart may have a copy of the report, if anyone here is in contact with him.  It would be interesting to hear what the courier had to say about the circumstances surrounding the theft.