The Education Forum

Give Peace A Chance

On 7/25/2024 at 12:19 AM, W. Niederhut said:

I used to teach physics, Jean.

This isn't rocket science.

If M1 is the mass of JFK's head and M2 is the mass of the bullet, and

V1 is the velocity of JFK's head before impact, and V2 is the velocity of the bullet before impact, and

V1' is the velocity of JFK's head after impact, and V2' is the velocity of the bullet after impact, then,

M1V1 + M2V2 = M1V1' + M2V2' (+M3V3)

(Where M3 and V3 are the mass and velocity of the displaced skull and brain matter)

Ergo, he was hit by a fatal bullet fired from the front and right of the limo.

Newton's Law of Conservation of Momentum.

That´s not all the subject was about, you can take some other factors in consideration, I´m not going to repeat them, it´s self-explaining.

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

That´s not all the subject was about, you can thake some other factors in consideration, I´mm npot going to repeat them, it´s self-explaining.

How about an old-fashioned physics equation, Jean?

The Lone Nutters can try to twist that around, rhetorically, as much as they want, but it doesn't get any more "self-explanatory" than a mathematical equation expressing Newton's Law of Conservation of Momentum.

It doesn't matter if M2 is a bullet, a baseball bat, or a frying pan.

The equation still holds.

There was no momentum vector originating from the TSBD that could have slammed JFK's head violently backward.

(And it wasn't de-cerebrate posturing.  The backward motion of the head was instantaneous.)

If M1 is the mass of JFK's head and M2 is the mass of the bullet, and

V1 is the velocity of JFK's head before impact, and V2 is the velocity of the bullet before impact, and

V1' is the velocity of JFK's head after impact, and V2' is the velocity of the bullet after impact, then,

(Where M3 and V3 are the mass and velocity of the displaced skull and brain matter)

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yep, conservation of momentum is conserved, even though energy is lost in the form of heat.

Now, if you can somehow get a lot of mass to exit -- fast --in the direction of the bullet (M3V3), it's theoretically possible to get the now-lighter skull to reverse direction and move back toward the gun (M2V2).

Which is what Professor Alvarez recognized in the equation and what he set out to demonstrate in a real experiment.

He eventually got a melon bound up in tape to do just that, and LNers have been praising him since.

But, alas, it was but a parlor trick.The professor could never get the correct amounts of masses moving at the correct velocities to show that that was indeed what happened.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

But, alas, it was but a parlor trick.

If the target melon is placed on a flat surface, one can impart backspin to the target melon by hitting it below the midpoint - kind of like a cue ball in pool.

But, if the target is suspended from below by a spring or from above by a rope like a head is suspended by the neck -> no backspin.

In France, there are plenty of documentaries on WW2 shown on TV.  I've seen one in the past where the SS lines up victims in front of a trench and then shoots them in the back of the head -> they all fall forward.   A week or so ago there was another one on with a segment on the rape of Nanking.  The Japanese soldiers had 2 victims kneeling in front of them, approached them from the back with rifles and shot them in the back of their heads -> they fell forward.  

I believe in the Conservation of Momentum, not only in the film, but also in the pattern of bullet fragments in the skull X-rays.

11 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

If the target melon is placed on a flat surface, one can impart backspin to the target melon by hitting it below the midpoint - kind of like a cue ball in pool.

But, if the target is suspended from below by a spring or from above by a rope like a head is suspended by the neck -> no backspin.

In France, there are plenty of documentaries on WW2 shown on TV.  I've seen one in the past where the SS lines up victims in front of a trench and then shoots them in the back of the head -> they all fall forward.   A week or so ago there was another one on with a segment on the rape of Nanking.  The Japanese soldiers had 2 victims kneeling in front of them, approached them from the back with rifles and shot them in the back of their heads -> they fell forward.  

I believe in the Conservation of Momentum, not only in the film, but also in the pattern of bullet fragments in the skull X-rays.

I haven't seen the footage you're referring to.  Those who were shot in the head, were they on their knees?  If so, of course they're going to fall forward, regardless of where they were shot from.

18 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

Those who were shot in the head, were they on their knees?  If so, of course they're going to fall forward, regardless of where they were shot from.

I don't know why you say that Bill. If a person is upright but on their knees, they could fall any direction (if not pushed). For example, if they are unconscious.

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I don't know why you say that Bill. If a person is upright but on their knees, they could fall any direction (if not pushed). For example, if they are unconscious.

Yes but I was working under the assumption that if they were on their knees, they were leaning a bit forward.

Posted (edited)

From JFK trying to Give Peace A Chance, to Imagine being peaceful to yesterday being described as communistic at the Olympics.  I know it was a response to a McCartney song but this one makes me think more of Dulles or LBJ for starters.  Featuring George Harrison on slide guitar.

Edited by Ron Bulman