The Education Forum

news about the Darnell film

15 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

I compared both versions, Sandy, and the rounded neckline is, if anything, more clear in the unstabilized version than the version posted by Mark. If you could post the identical frames from these versions side by side it may prove helpful. (The film is so blurry that the appearance of the subject varies from frame to frame, but the identical frames from the gifs seem to match up, and show no evidence of any sneaky stuff by Mark.)

Thanks, Pat.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m not into the PM discussion, it actually surprised me that no one had ever stabilized the film before. Why they didn´t, that´s beyond me.

So we have @Mark Ulrik doing what should have been done ages ago, and now he is being accused of alterations?!? Nuts...

Thank you Mark for your time and effort, I´d say you have done a really good job, for the benefit of all!

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

3 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

So we have @Mark Ulrik doing what should have been done ages ago, and now he is being accused of alterations?!? Nuts...

Thank you Mark for your time and effort, I´d say you have done a really good job, for the benefit of all!

Amen. Thie logic employed by some people on this forum is absolutely bananas, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Earlier, @Mark Ulrik posted a hoax version of the Darnell film that has been altered in such a way as to embarrass or discredit promoters of Prayer Man. He asked me be more specific about the alteration.

What the alteration artist did was to add a woman's neckline to the shirt of Prayer Man... one of this style:

the-pretty-dress-company-ella-scoop-neck-midi-dress-p455-54421_image.jpg

This is known as a scoop neckline, BTW.

What I said earlier is that if you wanted to confirm existence of this scoop neckline, you need to zoom way in on the Hoax Darnell (uploaded by Mark Ulrik). I realize now that somebody here has already created a zoomed-in version of the Hoax Darnell. So all you have to do is look at that for the scooped neckline... no zooming in necessary!

Look here for the scooped neckline:

Prayer-Man-Stabilized.gif

52 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

What the alteration artist did was to add a woman's neckline to the shirt of Prayer Man... one of this style:

the-pretty-dress-company-ella-scoop-neck-midi-dress-p455-54421_image.jpg

This is known as a scoop neckline, BTW.

What I said earlier is that if you wanted to confirm existence of this scoop neckline, you need to zoom way in on the Hoax Darnell (uploaded by Mark Ulrik). I realize now that somebody here has already created a zoomed-in version of the Hoax Darnell. So all you have to do is look at that for the scooped neckline... no zooming in necessary!

Look here for the scooped neckline:

If you compare that to the sixth floor version you will see that it hasn't been altered. 

5 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Aha! So here's another guy who says he saw the Darnell version where PM has a scoop neckline! Thanks for the link, Chris.

This guy's name is James Hackerott, he saw the film in 2019 in the reading room of the Sixth Floor Museum. Here are some of his sketches.

GWXgm1K.png

So he saw the same film as  the one posted here by Mark Ulrik.

In contrast, the Darnell film posted by the SFM on YouTube doesn't have the scoop neckline.

39 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

the Darnell film posted by the SFM on YouTube doesn't have the scoop neckline.

Yes it does. And we know it does because Mark Ulrik just told everybody here (in THIS POST from six hours ago) that his stabilized GIF clip (below) "is based on the NBC5 version currently on the 6FM website", which is something that has been obvious to me since Mark Ulrik's very first post in this thread on September 11th.

Edited by David Von Pein

6 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Not only that. Sandy was accusing another poster (me) of being one of these evil alterationists.

What are you talking about? I didn't accuse you of anything. I just said that you were the one who posted the Hoax Darnell. I assumed you were unaware that it is a hoax.

He claims that my GIF "has alterations in it that are not found in the 6FM NBC5 copy."

Which is a fact. But I never suspected you of making the alterations.

But the GIF is based on the NBC5 version currently on the 6FM website. I even explained the process to him. The only "alterations" I did were to crop individual "frames" and slightly rotate and move them for alignment purposes.

Are you saying that you created the version you posted yourself? If so, from where did you get the source Darnell and when?

47 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The sixth floor version that is posted on YouTube doesn't have the scoop style neckline.

You're wrong.

I just now (on 9/18/24) downloaded to my computer the highest quality version of the Sixth Floor Museum's YouTube video of the Darnell film (1920 x 1080 px, with a total bitrate of 4260 kbps), and then (without altering or changing a thing) I captured the still image below from that unaltered downloaded video.....

Darnell-Film-From-Sixth-Floor-Museum-Vid

Compare it to Mark Ulrik's stabilized version of the Darnell clip (below). The neckline of "Prayer Man" looks just about the same to me:

Edited by David Von Pein

24 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:
43 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

the Darnell film posted by the SFM on YouTube doesn't have the scoop neckline.

24 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Yes it does. And we know it does because Mark Ulrik just told everybody here (in THIS POST from six hours ago) that his stabilized GIF clip (below) "is based on the NBC5 version currently on the 6FM website"

David,

I said "on YouTube." Mark Ulrik said "on the 6FM website." Those two places are not the same.

32 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I said "on YouTube." Mark Ulrik said "on the 6FM website." Those two places are not the same.

I don't think the Darnell Film is even currently on the 6FM website (at jfk.org). I think Mark was probably referring to the 6FM YouTube website.

Anyway, you're still dead wrong when you said this --- "The sixth floor version that is posted on YouTube doesn't have the scoop style neckline".

See my last post above which proves you are wrong regarding that claim.

Edited by David Von Pein

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

I don't think the Darnell Film is even currently on the 6FM website (at jfk.org). I think Mark was probably referring to the 6FM YouTube website.

Anyway, you're still dead wrong when you said this --- "The sixth floor version that is posted on YouTube doesn't have the scoop style neckline".

See my last post above which proves you are wrong regarding that claim.

Hi David. The difference isn't great, but I did use the version on the 6FM website:

https://www.jfk.org/nbc-5-archive/ (you need to scroll right a few times)

8 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

I´m not into the PM discussion, it actually surprised me that no one had ever stabilized the film before. Why they didn´t, that´s beyond me.

Thank you also, Jean. Btw, it was only five frames, so it didn't take too much effort. I also seem to remember having seen similar GIFs before, but like you, I'm not an ardent PM follower.