The Education Forum

Fletcher Prouty's Cold War

My review of Jeff Carter's new documentary on the life and career of Fletcher Prouty.

Skillfully done biography of an unfairly maligned man who spent 23 years in the military, and several interfacing with the CIA,  and did not sign a non disclosure agreement.

The film reveals how Oliver Stone learned about him, and how that made possible the shattering disclosures in his film about Johnson's reversal of Kennedy's withdrawal from Vietnam.

The MSM could not handle that so they killed the messenger.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/review-of-fletcher-prouty-s-cold-war

Wow!  Great news!  On Friday-the-13th, no less!

I haven't watched Jeff Carter's documentary yet, but I intend to.

No doubt the Langley propagandists who have been actively smearing Prouty for the past 30 years will be thrilled to learn about this new documentary... 🙄

All you need to know is that McCord utterly despised Prouty.

Every opportunity he had he slammed him.

I think the reasons for it are in my review.  About Prouty and McCord and Butterfield.

Edited by James DiEugenio

A great review of Prouty's accomplishments and importance in the search for the Truth.  I look forward to watching it in the next few days as well.  Been busy tonight as well as the next 2-3 days.  But it is a priority to get back to.  I noticed it's endorsed by Joseph McBride as well.

Cold War reminded me of this.  Maybe it will draw more attention to the article and reading of it and viewing of Jeff's video than my prior post.  Some pretty guitar work by Willie in the middle at least.

Thanks Ron, and man where do you get the songs?

What Prouty was doing with the disclosures about McCord and Butterfield is he was showing the hidden CIA role in Watergate.

That is why McCord hated his guts.

Boy Jeff put a lot of work into this.  I think it was just him and Len doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2024 at 5:07 AM, James DiEugenio said:

My review of Jeff Carter's new documentary on the life and career of Fletcher Prouty.

Skillfully done biography of an unfairly maligned man who spent 23 years in the military, and several interfacing with the CIA,  and did not sign a non disclosure agreement.

The film reveals how Oliver Stone learned about him, and how that made possible the shattering disclosures in his film about Johnson's reversal of Kennedy's withdrawal from Vietnam.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/review-of-fletcher-prouty-s-cold-war

Bumping as a reminder to myself.  I still need to go back and watch this.

On 9/13/2024 at 5:07 PM, James DiEugenio said:

It was CIA'er Alex Butterfield who leaked (at least for public consumption) that Nixon had been taping conversations in the Oval Office. Word is the Watergate committee knew before, but staged the show with the dramatic reveal by Butterfield. 

Butterfield would become friendly with...Bob Woodward. Maybe he was before Watergate, who knows. 

Something is not right with the Watergate story. 

Deposing presidents is sport in the US intel community? Seems so. 

Woodward did know Butterfield from before.

He then wrote a whole book about him which was really a kind of whitewash in my opinion.

Haldeman also had problems with Butterfield.  He said that Butterfield was lying when he said that Haldeman approached him about a job in the White House.  It was the other way around.  He also says that it was unnecessary for Butterfield to resign his Air Force position once he was employed at the White House. (Jim Hougan, Secret Agenda, p. 59)

Hougan wrote this in 1984.  Prouty was onto it at the time.  This exposure of the CIA role in Watergate was why McCord despised Fletcher.

That is a really good site.

Everyone should look at it as a resource for primary data.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2024 at 2:28 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Woodward did know Butterfield from before.

He then wrote a whole book about him which was really a kind of whitewash in my opinion.

Haldeman also had problems with Butterfield.  He said that Butterfield was lying when he said that Haldeman approached him about a job in the White House.  It was the other way around.  He also says that it was unnecessary for Butterfield to resign his Air Force position once he was employed at the White House. (Jim Hougan, Secret Agenda, p. 59)

Hougan wrote this in 1984.  Prouty was onto it at the time.  This exposure of the CIA role in Watergate was why McCord despised Fletcher.

The more one knows about Watergate...the more it looks like the CIA wanted Nixon and Kissinger out, for doing their detente thing with China and Russia without consulting the intel state, and also Nixon's asking to see the BoP files. 

Nixon and Kissinger were not under control. The CIA effectively weaponized party animosities and prosecutorial agencies. 

This is separate from believing Nixon was, in general, a good president.

Personally, I think Nixon should have pulled out of Vietnam, Day One he was in office. 

Too many Nixon associates were mobbed up, or eager to exchange favors for money. 

But then, LBJ was likely worse than Nixon on corruption, and the Deep State did not depose him. 

The narrative of this film revolves around the creation of a National Security bureaucracy in the United States following WW2, and how a power bloc within that bureaucracy set out to undermine Allied agreements made at the Teheran Conference (1943) and initiate the Cold War. If follows the rise of the CIA, through the 1950s, into an unaccountable “fourth force” adjunct to the US Armed services, and decisions made by the Kennedy administration to attempt to bring this force under control.

It will be screened in Dallas at the CAPA conference.

I think that objective people who read my exchanges with Jeff Carter regarding Prouty will see that Carter has no objectivity when it comes to Prouty, and that he has no credible explanations for the compelling evidence that Prouty was a fraud and an anti-Semite who spent years chumming around with virulent anti-Semites and right-wing extremists and who made numerous bizarre and truly fringe claims. I think the two threads about Prouty show the same lack of objectivity on the part of other Prouty defenders in this forum.

LINK

LINK