The Education Forum

Nix Film

2 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

People have been trying in vain for decades to find inconsistencies in the photographic record. I'm quite satisfied that the films are depicting the same scenes, only from different perspectives.

Yes it's all about the "Perspective" and the "Line of sight" of the cameraman.

Some people will just NEVER get it.

Nix084-vert.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Robin, you are 100% correct as usual. Thank you for your service and study of this area of the case.

Yes, I agree. It's literally a matter of perspective. If you look at two items from an angle, as opposed to directly overhead, their relative positions can appear to be quite different than from another angle. People's first instinct on Muchmore and Nix are that they are taken from across the street from Zapruder, when they were actually taken from far to the east of Zapruder's position at a much different angle. I think about things like this all the time personally because I live in a narrow valley running from north-east to south-west, with the streets not quite in a grid, and not quite in alignment with the surrounding hills. As a result you can look up to the end of your street and see a hilltop in the distance, and then go a few blocks over and see this same hilltop in the distance, and then go a block past that and not see the hilltop at all. It's disorienting. I have blown the minds of friends and family by demonstrating to them that the hill they see way off in the northeast is actually not in our valley but the next valley over, and that the hillside in the distance to the east of their neighborhood does not border the valley to the east, but more hills, and that to get to the valley to the east you first have to go north. 

IOW, I know firsthand from living here that people tend to think of their surroundings as grids, with the streets running north-south and east-west, and the hills running north-south and east-west, when this is but a rough approximation. Dealey Plaza was like this as well, for that matter. When reading witness accounts you will find some claiming the wind was coming from or the sounds came from the west and some claiming the wind was coming from or the sounds came from the north, when they could very well be describing the same thing, but have different understandings of the angle of Elm Street within the plaza. (Many people perceive it as running from east to west but it's actually probably closer to north to south.)

Edited by Pat Speer

48 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Yes, I agree. It's literally a matter of perspective. If you look at two items from an angle, as opposed to directly overhead, their relative positions can appear to be quite different than from another angle. People's first instinct on Muchmore and Nix are that they are taken from across the street from Zapruder, when they were actually taken from far to the east of Zapruder's position at a much different angle. I think about things like this all the time personally because I live in a narrow valley running from north-east to south-west, with the streets not quite in a grid, and not quite in alignment with the surrounding hills. As a result you can look up to the end of your street and see a hilltop in the distance, and then go a few blocks over and see this same hilltop in the distance, and then go a block past that and not see the hilltop at all. It's disorienting. I have blown the minds of friends and family by demonstrating to them that the hill they see way off in the northeast is actually not in our valley but the next valley over, and that the hillside in the distance to the east of their neighborhood does not border the valley to the east, but more hills, and that to get to the valley to the east you first have to go north. 

IOW, I know firsthand from living here that people tend to think of their surroundings as grids, with the streets running north-south and east-west, and the hills running north-south and east-west, when this is but a rough approximation. Dealey Plaza was like this as well, for that matter. When reading witness accounts you will find some claiming the wind was coming from or the sounds came from the west and some claiming the wind was coming from or the sounds came from the north, when they could very well be describing the same thing, but have different understandings of the angle of Elm Street within the plaza. (Many people perceive it as running from east to west but it's actually probably closer to north to south.)

Hi Pat.

Yes preconceptions are not always right.

When i first started studying the Dealey Plaza images it always appeared to me the Elm st was basically fairly level and straight with a slight curve at the underpass.

Then i started to realize that it actually ran down hill and that it curved into a pronounced right hand bend as it approached the underpass.

dec27%5E01b_underpass.jpg

A number of people over the years have said that the limo actually stops during this segment of the Nix film.

I have watched this GIF dozens of times, and what i see is the limo slow down to a crawl at the moment of the head shot, and then it starts to speed up again.

XovYhIR.gif

x5DQpHg.gif

Summary:

The true speed of the car, when correctly adjusted for - , should be recalculated as -  mph. The perceived speed increase to -  mph through -  techniques aligns with frame-skipping impacts, panning synchronization, and resulting cinematic effects. Further specifics on exact calculations depend on linear conversion of angular speeds considering panning technicalities.

A different perspective from AI when more precise data is included.

2 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

The true speed of the car, when correctly adjusted for - , should be recalculated as -  mph. The perceived speed increase to -  mph through -  techniques aligns with frame-skipping impacts, panning synchronization, and resulting cinematic effects. Further specifics on exact calculations depend on linear conversion of angular speeds considering panning technicalities.

A different perspective from AI when more precise data is included.

Except that there are no frames being skipped and certainly no "cinematic effects" added, so this "perspective" is not "different" - it's just wrong.

It says nothing about "cinematic effects" being added.

Another useless response.

I would recommend applying physics to your perspective.

AI incorporates and explains it quite nicely.

Just supply it with specifics as can be seen with the resulting answer from my previous post.

But expanding upon that is for another time/place.

9 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Hi Pat.

Yes preconceptions are not always right.

When i first started studying the Dealey Plaza images it always appeared to me the Elm st was basically fairly level and straight with a slight curve at the underpass.

Then i started to realize that it actually ran down hill and that it curved into a pronounced right hand bend as it approached the underpass.

dec27%5E01b_underpass.jpg

Where is this pix in Robin's gallery?

Are there any other such pix?

The overhead graphic shows Z's LOS in blue and Nix's LOS in red. The blue circle is a very rough estimate of where Jackie's hand sat based on the Z film. From Nix's perspective Jackie's hand sat behind the handhold. But Nix's LOS shows the closer her hand was to the midline of the trunk, the farther back it was from the rear of the limo. 
Maybe the blue circle could be moved more a bit more to the drivers side, but the basic principle still holds. Jackie's hand was further from the back of the limo than Nix's low angle of view suggests.

jackie on trunk low.jpg

Edited by Chris Bristow

Was trying to illustrate the same concept with my even rougher diagram (below rotated to match Chris'). Some objects appeared closer together (or even overlapping) from Nix's perspective.

hill-jackie-rotated.png