The Education Forum

Rosemary Willis

Still, I seem to remember one guy telling a story about throwing some film. Robert Jackson? And another guy telling a story about catching some film. Jim Lehrer? Dan Rather?

Dallas Times Herald photographer Bob Jackson tossed an envelope with film in it to "the reporter" (presumably Times Herald court reporter Jim Featherstone) at the corner of Main and Houston. "And that's when we heard the first shot" (President Kennedy Has Been Shot, p. 23). Dan Rather was allegedly stationed just beyond the triple underpass to receive "the last drop" for CBS (p. 53), though he is seen in no photo in that area.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee, could you provide a link to that interview, please?

Can't find it John.

I will email you.

I've looked at her in those frames with the gamma ramped up slightly. I don't think it shows her with the hood down at all. I think that her head turn puts her face at times where it makes it look like the side of the hood isn't there.

- lee

QUOTE:

I've looked at her in those frames with the gamma ramped up slightly. I don't think it shows her with the hood down at all. I think that her head turn puts her face at times where it makes it look like the side of the hood isn't there.

John i tend to agree, it appears that she is looking back to her right, and it is her FACE that can be seen where you would normaly see part of the hood had she been looking forward in the direction in which she was running.

Edited by Robin Unger

Is this our "Lady in Blue" seen in the Dorman film next to Rosemary Willis.

In Dorman she was seen carrying a camera,which was fitted with a large Zoom lense, as confirmed by Gary Mack.

The woman appears to have a camera up to her eye in ths Z-frame.

OR, could this be her sister, who i beleive was wearing a gold dress on the day, yelling for Rosemary to come back.?

6062.jpg

Robin,

Regarding this unidentified couple, it appears at least in three amateur movies.

Hereunder, several movie frames in which the couple appears (no camera apparent.)

Regarding your question...

It is not a camera!

It is simply the handbag of woman #2 partially hidden by the handbag of woman #1.

See the shadows on the sidewalk…

Kind regards…

Edited by Marcel Dehaeseleer

The older woman's left arm seems visible, at her side. The object would be out of her reach, even if her arm, fully extended, was hidden from our view. The shadow does not indicate a fully outstretched arm. The object that resembles a camera is in front of the bag.

Mr. HUDSON - Not in particular, I didn't. It was such an exciting time - now - I did notice a man back over here on this triangle.

Mr. LIEBELER - Standing across Elm Street?

Mr. HUDSON - Yes, sir.

Mr. LIEBELER - With a motion picture camera?

Mr. HUDSON - Well he had a camera - I don't know whether it was a motion picture camera or not, but he had a camera.

still don't see the hood being up...

Lee, I think there is enough white to the sides and when considering the shadows to say that it may be up.

However, either way (and please continue to show where this interpretation saying it's up is wrong) what would it mean if it is up or down? Is it important? I can see that for those who believe it the z film is altered it may be, but the alteration hoax doesn't depend on that as far as I understand.

Edited by John Dolva

Robin,

I don't know - I only speculated that Rosemary was altered in the film so we don't know what she is looking at. If I am correct about the men crouching there in the bushes - she all but stumbles right into the midst of them. I was hoping to ask her - but that's a long story.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you follow the car down Elm Street after you took the picture, which we have marked Hudson Exhibit No. 1?

Mr. WLLIS - I proceeded down the street and didn't take any other pictures instantly, because the three shots were fired approximately about 2 seconds apart, and I knew my little daughters were running along beside the Presidential car, and I was immediately concerned about them, and I was screaming for them to come back, and they didn't hear me. But I was concerned about them immediately, because I knew something tragic had happened, and the shots didn't ring out long like a rifle shot that is fired into midair in a distance. I knew it hit something, and it couldn't have been a firecracker or anything like that, so it impressed me, I remember, and after I found my daughters, I saw they were heading back toward their mother.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you hear any shots, or what you later learned to be shots, as the motorcade came past you there?

Miss WILLIS. Yes; I heard one. Then there was a little bit of time, and then there were two real fast bullets together. When the first one hit, well, the President turned from waving to the people, and he grabbed his throat, and he kind of slumped forward, and then I couldn't tell where the second shot went.

Mr. LIEBELER - Now, you were standing right along the curb on Elm Street, is that right, when the motorcade came by across the street from the School Book Depository Building?

Miss WILLIS. Yes, sir.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you follow the motorcade down Elm Street at all, or did you stand on the corner up toward Houston Street and watch from there?

Miss. WILLIS. I was right across from the sign that points to where Stemmons Expressway is. I was directly across when the first shot hit him.Mr. LIEBELER - Directly across from the sign that says, "Stemmons Freeway"?

Miss WILLIS. I was right in line with the sign and the car, and I wasn't very far away from him, but I couldn't tell from where the shot came.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you just stay right there, or did you go on down Elm Street?

Miss WILLIS. I stayed there. I was on the corner across from the courthouse when the motorcade first came down Main Street, and when it turned the corner on Houston, well, I followed along the street with the car, and then he turned the corner on Elm and I stood there where the Stemmons sign is.Mr. LIEBELER - Did you see the President get hit in the head?

Miss WILLIS. Yes.

Mr. LIEBELER - You actually saw the President get hit that way?

Miss WILLIS. Yes.

Mr. LIEBELER - How far away would you say that you were when you saw that?

Miss WILLIS. Oh, about twice as far as I am from here to this door. Maybe not quite that far.

Mr. LIEBELER - About 25 feet or so?

Miss WILLIS. About that.

In Dorman, we see what appears to be a young woman, running along in front of Rosemary Willis. As the camera continues, it appears that Rosemary has taken the lead, and the young lady slows down and stops. She seems to have on a blue dress, with bare arms. I have never found her in the Zapruder film.

Linda Willis has on a gold skirt [thanks to Gary Mack for that]. I don't see her running anywhere, and I didn't notice anyone resembling her by the Brehms.

Using RB Cutler's map and scale, if we draw a line directly across from the Stemmons Sign, we end up about 5' or so north of the area where Charles Brehm was located, and approximately 60 feet from where we see Rosemary in the Zapruder film.

Using RB Culter's map, this position would be roughly 25 feet from the position of the Lincoln at the time of the fatal headshot.

Lee, many months ago I spotted this girl skipping about behind the large woman with a long black coat. She's almost impossible to spot in the running film as she jumps about so much. could she be the one you mean?

It's Linda in the blue dress running along with Rosemary.

Pat,

That's what I thought also originally - Gary Mack informed me that Linda Willis was wearing some type of gold colored skirt, and that it was later donated to the 6th floor museum and is on display.

- lee

Since I was just informed by someone who knows Linda that Linda Willis is not the woman in the blue dress in the Dorman film, let me explain my rationale.

1. Marilyn Willis (Texas Monthly or TM): "My husband ran and Rosemary ran with him...Linda was right behind them too."

2. Marilyn Willis "My husband had gone up the sidewalk, and the two kids following him."

3. Linda Willis I followed my dad the whole time he photographed the motorcade...As he ran along the side of the car, snapping pictures, I was on his shoulders the whole time."

This indicates the two girls were running together slightly behind their father.

Since Rosemary is indisputably the little girl in Dorman, and she is running alongside the motorcade, this would indicate Linda was nearby.

Since a young woman is racing beside Rosemary for several seconds in the Dorman film, wearing a blue dress, it would seem obvious this woman is Linda.

Since the Zapruder film, which picks up a few seconds after the Dorman sequence, shows Rosemary running alone for several seconds, it would seem obvious this young woman in the blue dress stopped running somewhere between the fountain and Rosemary.

What is between these two positions???

Phil Willis, stepping back off the street, and snapping pictures. Behind him is someone who may be wearing gold. We know Linda Willis is somewhere nearby because she said she kept up with her dad and because her testimony reflects she saw Kennedy raise his arms at 224.

If Linda Willis was indeed wearing gold, as has been suggested, then it would suggest the color in the Dorman film is way off, and that the woman running along with Rosemary in the blue dress was really wearing a gold dress.

After all, if Linda Willis is not the woman in the blue dress, who is? Who was racing along with Rosemary only to disappear within a few seconds? Could Phil Willis, taking pictures, and his teenage daugher Linda, wearing her good shoes, outrun Rosemary by so much that neither of them would be seen in the Dorman film? Would both Phil and Linda leave little Rosemary in their dust? Since Rosemary passes Phil around Z-142, it is not an option to believe she simply outran the others.

If this mystery has another solution, fill me in.

Edited by Pat Speer

Took a stab at it.

Using Roberdeau's plat, that would be Robert Croft putting his hand on Linda's coat?

If that is Linda - she doesn't seem to be in a position to be running after the motorcade.

No idea who the woman is, but it wouldn't be Mrs. Willis according to the Phil Willis account.

Mr. WILLIS. I proceeded down the street and didn't take any other pictures instantly, because the three shots were fired approximately about 2 seconds apart, and I knew my little daughters were running along beside the Presidential car, and I was immediately concerned about them, and I was screaming for them to come back, and they didn't hear me. But I was concerned about them immediately, because I knew something tragic had happened, and the shots didn't ring out long like a rifle shot that is fired into midair in a distance. I knew it hit something, and it couldn't have been a firecracker or anything like that, so it impressed me, I remember, and after I found my daughters, I saw they were heading back toward their mother.

Mr. LIEBELER. Where was she?

Mr. WILLIS. She was back in the crowd looking through this concrete structure. How do you refer to that?

Mr. LIEBELER. Well, your wife was back closer toward the intersection of Main Street and Houston Street?

Mr. WILLIS. No; it is a very short distance when you stand in here. No; that is the one across the street--no; here she was. She was in between Main and Elm Streets, but real near Elm Street. In fact, she was only a few feet back from my daughters. She wasn't more than 40 feet from where the President was hit.

Mr. LIEBELER. So she was toward the triple underpass from the concrete structure on Dealey Plaza?

Mr. WILLIS. She was inside the concrete structure looking through an opening.

Mr. LIEBELER. Looking toward the triple underpass?

Mr. WILLIS. Toward the Texas School Book Depository where she had a clear view, and there were surprisingly few people there at that time---at that moment--and none in between her and the street to block her vision.

- lee