The Education Forum

Rosemary Willis

In this "Skaggs" photo below i beleive this to be "Rosemary willis" standing across from the houston and main corner.

6056.jpg

Her father "Phil Willis" was in a similar position when he took this photo below.

Crop from "Willis2" showing his Camera position.

6055.jpg

This is "Skaggs" with his camera up to his eye showing his Camera position.

6054.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely spotted, She was a busy girl, ran all the way along with the Limo. Perhaps the very point at which she stopped following is very important.

EDIT:: she pauses very briefly at z154, then stops at z181, and takes one step forward at z194 and stops.

Edited by John Dolva

Nicely spotted, She was a busy girl, ran all the way along with the Limo. Perhaps the very point at which she stopped following is very important.

EDIT:: she pauses very briefly at z154, then stops at z181, and takes one step forward at z194 and stops.

Her interview with Texas monthly is very interesting. I would heartily recommend reading it.

Here she is in Dorman, with her hood in an unraised position. Couldn't say what happened between then and the Zapruder film.

- lee

This fellow standing right below Lamppost Man in the Willis photo has always intrigued me. He must be a lookalike. The question is, who does he look like.

mainhoustonman.jpg

The short fellow with the hat in front of him looks like a dark Latino in the photo on page 12 in TKOAP, but looks more Anglo here.

In the page 12 photo, the man standing by Lamppost Man looks like he's squeezing quickly in from behind the others to get the clear view that he has here.

This fellow standing right below Lamppost Man in the Willis photo has always intrigued me. He must be a lookalike. The question is, who does he look like. (Ron Ecker)

Ted Shackley without his thick rimmed glasses?

James

Edited by James Richards

James,

Shackley is a possibility, but I've never seen him in a photo without his glasses, which suggests that he needed them to see.

If you look at the part of the man's head that's visible on page 12 in TKOAP, the hair is a very close match to Shackley's hair in the photo you posted.

Ron

James,

Shackley is a possibility, but I've never seen him in a photo without his glasses, which suggests that he needed them to see.

If you look at the part of the man's head that's visible on page 12 in TKOAP, the hair is a very close match to Shackley's hair in the photo you posted.

Ron

Ron,

There is a photo of Shackley as a very young man not wearing glasses. (see below) Were contact lenses around back then do you know?

The hairline is something that caught my attention also.

James

I remember reading in more than one member of the press' testimony that Houston and Main was their scheduled drop off for the motorcade photos. You can even see one of these drop-offs take place in the Hughes film, as I remember. Has anyone compared the photos of some of the press employees known to be in Dealey with the the faces of of those by lamp post man? Could this Shackley look-alike be Robert McNeil? While he was photographed on the wall by the railroad yards, standing next to Clyde Haygood, I think he started out at Houston and Main.

I'd research it myself but I'm not at home.

Yes Robin !!!

You're ABSOLUTELY right !

It is Rosemary Willis!

She's appearing also in the pre-motorcade section of the Bronson's film.

Hereunder, a graphic I posted elsewhere a few months ago and also the Bronson slide with Rosemary pinpointed.

Kind regards to All...

Pat,

MacNeil was on a press bus in the motorcade. He yelled "Stop the bus!" and jumped out after hearing the shots (President Kennedy Has Been Shot, p. 24).

Ron

Pat,

MacNeil was on a press bus in the motorcade. He yelled "Stop the bus!" and jumped out after hearing the shots (President Kennedy Has Been Shot, p. 24).

Ron

Ahh, that's right. He's one of the unwitting conspiracists, i.e. someone who claims not to have an opinion on the possibility of a conspiracy, but re-tells the same story year in and year out that only makes sense if there were more than one shooter. Most of the unwitting conspiracists are quite certain the last two shots were fired one after the other, but fail to acknowledge this rules out Oswald as a lone-nut.

Still, I seem to remember one guy telling a story about throwing some film. Robert Jackson? And another guy telling a story about catching some film. Jim Lehrer? Dan Rather?

Her interview with Texas monthly is very interesting. I would heartily recommend reading it.

Here she is in Dorman, with her hood in an unraised position. Couldn't say what happened between then and the Zapruder film.

- lee

Lee, could you provide a link to that interview, please?

I've looked at her in those frames with the gamma ramped up slightly. I don't think it shows her with the hood down at all. I think that her head turn puts her face at times where it makes it look like the side of the hood isn't there.

Pat,

Ron

Ahh, that's right. He's one of the unwitting conspiracists, i.e. someone who claims not to have an opinion on the possibility of a conspiracy, but re-tells the same story year in and year out that only makes sense if there were more than one shooter. Most of the unwitting conspiracists are quite certain the last two shots were fired one after the other, but fail to acknowledge this rules out Oswald as a lone-nut.

That's always how Nellie Connally seemed to me. She & John Connally both felt the shot that hit him & the shot that hit JFK ( for the ever-so-controversial SBT wounds ) were completely different bullets, yet refuse to acknowledge that four shots completely rules out Oswald as a lone gunman - a theory just BARELY passed off as even remotely logical with THREE shots.

Pat, I don't have the source in front of me, but I believe you're referring to a Dallas TV reporter throwing film to a fellow station employee from inside the TSBD...I recall reading that account relatively recently, but not sure where I saw it...