The Education Forum

James Files

"The mercury used in the bullets prepared by Wolfman was not standart liquid mercury as far as I know"

Yes it was.

Wolfman's real name was George Collura.

Wolfman died approximately one week after West's visit with Files and before he could be interviewed by the investigator. His cause of death is unknown. Files also stated that the "weapons stash" kept by Nicoletti and him was secured at the old Bally Warehouse in Chicago. He stated that they kept about 40 firearms "on hand" at all times and that they were constantly modifying these guns for various "jobs."

But when the time had come and we knew it was going to be serious and Chuck was sending me to Texas, that’s when I went down on Belmont Avenue, the old Bally place where they made the pinball machines. I had a shed down there, a place, a backroom, that was all owned by the Outfit too, the pinball machines. I kept a catch of weapons down there, we used to do a lot of work on them there. When I say we, I refer to a party named Wolfman, who is now deceased, but at that time he was excellent, remodifying weapons, manufacturing loads, whatever coming down to handguns, rifles. This guy was professionalized. He could manufacture things in his basement, like you wouldn’t believe, from silencers all down the line, he did it all for them. So I went down there, got the stuff we needed. And we had the one car that he just bought, I had already secured everything in there, we had secret compartments in it. And every car that we had, even before the ’63 Chevy, even in the ’61 Ford that we had prior to that in ’62, we had compartments in the dash where you could reach up under it and open things up, put grenades in there, handguns, whatever we might need. Behind the backseat we had gunracks in the cars. We had pull-off door panels that could snap off, we could put them back on, we had handguns and stuff in there. Whatever you might need, but we always had a work-car ready.

J – So what did Wolfman do for you?

JF – Wolfman, when I contacted him after all this went down, and this is several years later, this is when I first met Joe West and Joe West had come here and visited me, we talked and he asked me: Do you think this party called Wolfman would talk to me? And Joe asked me what his real name was and I told him: I won’t divulge that but I will call him and talk to him. So I called him on the phone and I told him I was talking to Joe West from Texas, and he wanted to know who Joe was and I explained all this to him and I said: Joe would very much like to interview you. I did not give Joe West your name but I told him that you was the one that manufactured the special rounds. He made six rounds for me to take to Texas, all mercury loaded. I said: He wants to talk to you very much. Will you talk with him? And he said: Get back to me! I’ll let you know. He said: I wanna check a few things. The following week Wolfman was dead.

J – How did he die?

JF – I believe he had a heart attack. I have been in contact with nobody that was affiliated with Wolfman since that day.

J – Tell me about these mercury loads. Can you describe them ?

JF – Well, it was a 22 round and he took the tips off, he drilled them out and he inserted with an eyedrop, he put mercury into the end of the round and he restilled them with wax. This is to make them explode on impact.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stephen Turner

"His cause of death is unknown"A guy who works with mercury suddenly drops dead, yeah thats a real head scratcher all right. Could it have been mercury poisoning mayhap.

Why don't you try to find family of George Collura and tell us how he died. Maybe you are better than me in doing that.

Wim

Wim,

didn't he die from a heart attack ?

I will try to find the quote, but I could be wrong.

Ok, found it (very good longtime memory, but where the heck is my car key again).

It seems, Files knows (was told at the time), that Wolfman died from a heart attack:

... . I hope it wasn't me who gave him the heart attack.

end of quote

Source: Letter from James Files to Joe West dated August 27 1992

Edited by Dave Weaver

Guest Stephen Turner
Why don't you try to find family of George Collura and tell us how he died. Maybe you are better than me in doing that.

Wim

Oh, your a fiesty one aint yer. As I consider the whole Files farago to be, well bollocks actually, I have no intention of doing your legwork for you. I only reply in these threads to wind you up, worked a treat didn't it. :huh:

Wim,

didn't he die from a heart attack ?

I will try to find the quote, but I could be wrong.

That's what Files recalls, but he is not sure.

The quote is 3 posts up.

Wim

Sorry Wim, since my last 2 concussions I can't see too good, did overlook it.

What did I want to ask you ?

Oh, as I posted earlier, I was wondering if mercury filled bullets where ever used before the JFK hit (if it was one).

Did you run across information about such a case in the US ?

I am realy searching for an answer to that, because apart from "The Day of the Jackal" I have not found

anything of such ammo being used in a crime. Also why use mercury, when water allegedly has the same effect when put into a bullet (I have no experience with guns so I need to ask others).

I don't think Files or Nicoletti said, Ok I am going to try something new, how about some mercury this time.

Did he hint, at what time or place, he or Nicoletti did use such rounds before, or, and I think this is a legitimate hypothetical scenario, did "the Day of the Jackal" run on TV and Files saw it or even read

the book.

I know the later part no one can answer,except for Files, but how about the first part of my question ?

It's not a widely used type of ammunition.

And when it's used, It's always in a "clandestine" world.

But it is known among several gun experts

You should ask Craig Roberts, author of Killzone and A Sniper looks at Dealey Plaza

http://www.riflewarrior.com/

I don't know if the centurion is a member here. But he sure would be welcomed by me.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...e/overview.html

Next was a "Forensic Techniques" panel that included presentations by Margaret and Art Snyder, which I missed, and Craig Roberts. Mr. Roberts is a former Marine sniper and author of A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza and other books. He said he made a close study of the Zapruder film, "And I'll tell you what I saw --- as a sniper --- through the eyes of a sniper ... I saw a guy hit from the right front, with a frangible mercury bullet." Such a bullet, Roberts continued, will do its destructive work, and essentially disintigrate.

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I know the James Files story is a sore subject on this forum, and to be honest, I have been a skeptic of his confession since day one. I, like so many researchers before me, devoted many days of precious research time to his claims and Mr. Dankbarr's presentation. Finally concluding that Mr.Files is a talented xxxx and experienced con man. However, I ran across a testimony from 11/23/63 I had not seen for many years and it stuck me that I didn't see this anywhere in the James files story, or on the web site jfkmurdersolced.com. I thought that if I was Mr. Dankbarr, I would make this part of my collaborating evidence that Mr. Files was telling the truth. Unless, of course, he is keeping it as his ace in the hole!

Last night I went to the name index pages of this forum and read every thread under the James Files section and found no reference to this testimony. I apologize before hand if this has been discussed and I missed it somehow, but I will offer this for everyone to look at.

It his confession to Mr. Marrs. Files makes the following statement. Taken from jfkmurdersolved.com

Jim Marrs – Okay, so now you got …. Describe the car!

James Files – The car was a ’63 Chevy two door Burgundy. Chevy Impala.

Jim Marrs – With the special compartment?

James Files - Oh yeah, we had a special compartment in the dash, we had the backseat, you could take that off, pull the bottom part up, raise the back up, snap it up little clams and take that out. We had the springs removed behind the seat there by it and we had little racks welded in there so we could mount weapons in there.

From his 1994 video taped interview, Files states,

Q: When you say "we planned it" could you clarify "we"?

A: Well when I say we...I was just with Mr. Nicoletti. Whatever he said do, I would do. When I say we, I'm referring like...the only thing I did was just drive the car or whatever that they needed me for. Mr. Nicoletti had asked me then at that point when we'd decided not to do it in Chicago and it was going to be moved to Dallas...when John F. Kennedy had decided to go to Dallas...a week in advance, I took the '63 Chevrolet that we had at that time.

From his video at jfkmurdersolved.com stating that he Nicolette and Rosselli were in the car and,

" I made a right hand turn out of the Dal Tex building on to Houston Street, went down a few blocks and took a left over the main thoroughfare "

Now the testimony of Malcolm Summers, dated 11/23/63, Please note that Mr. Summers did not testify for the WC.

Before me, the undersigned authority, on this the 23rd day of November A.D. 1963 personally appeared Malcolm Summers, Address: 405 E. 12th Street, Age 39, Phone No. WH 6 3558, WK: Self-employed -- Summers Nailing Service.

Deposes and says:

Yesterday, November 23, 1963, I was standing on the terrace of the small park on Elm Street to watch the President's motorcade. The President's car had just come up in front of me when I heard a shot and saw the President slump down in the car and heard Mrs. Kennedy say, "Oh, no," then a second shot and then I hit the ground as I realized these were shots. Then all of the people started running up the terrace away from the President's car and I got up and started running also, not realizing what had happened. In just a few moments the President's car sped off and everyone was just running around towards the railroad tracks and I knew that they had somebody trapped up there. I imagine I stayed there 15 or 20 minutes and then went over on Houston Street to where I had my truck parked. I had just pulled away from the curb and was headed toward the Houston street viaduct [sic] when an automobile that had 3 men in it pulled away from the curb in a burst of speed, passing me on the right side, which was very dangerous at that point, then got in front of me, and it seemed then as an afterthought, slowed in a big hurry in front of me as though realizing they would be conspicuous in speeding. These three men were of slender build and seemed to be very excited in talking and motioning to each other. They went on across the Houston Street Viaduct and I turned off at Marsalis Street exit [sic] and they continued on going towards Zangs Blvd. They were in a 1961 or 1962 Chevrolet sedan, maroon in color. I [cross-out] don't believe I could identify these men, but I

do believe I could identify the automobile if I saw it again

Is this just another example of a well-rehearsed xxxx/con man with a fantastic memory, or is it something more? If he is still living, Mr. Summers would be around 83 years old today.

Tony

Tony,

Why is James Files "a sore subject here"?

Malcolm Summers is dead, he died about two years ago if I am not mistaken, I spoke to him shortly before he died about the man with strange gun he claimed to have seen. But I can assure that Summers, if he was credible, did not see the getaway of Files , Nicoletti and Roselli, as Summers claimed this was 15-20 minutes after the assassination (unless his deposition was changed too). Files , Nicoletti and Roselli drove away within two minutes after the final shots.

Kevin, I'll get my notes out, and try to come back with more points. I do remember one argument was that Johnny Roselli was in the sewer. First, I could not see that line of fire. Second, I remember Jimmy's response when I told him some of his detractors said that Roselli, and no wet behind the ears kid, fired the front shot from the sewer, and Jimmy said something to the effect that the only way that you could get Johnny Roselli in a sewer in one of his fancy $ 3,000.00 pimp suits in broad daylight in Dallas in 1963 would be by shooting him first. And then even Johnny couldn't have made the shot dead.

Just as aside.

Respectfully,

Bruce Patrick Brychek.

In terms of the "working car" that Jimmy described, this is more interesting:

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column80.htm

ASK ANDY

This week, Andy, seen in this familiar pose - apparantly too familiar to one Gang Land reader who's been bugging us for a new shot of our organized crime expert - reading one of his all time favorite books, "Mob Star," answers a query from reader Chip Regalmuto about old time Chicago gangster - Charles Nicoletti.

Charles (Chuckie) Nicoletti was one of the Chicago Outfit's top triggerman during the 1950's and early 1960's. Nicoletti was involved in as many as 20 mob hits during his days as a Chicago soldier, according to Bill Roemer, the late FBI agent and author.

Born in 1916, Chuckie had a tumultuous childhood and quit school after eight grade. Nicoletti started training for his life's career rather early. In 1929, Nicoletti killed his father in what was eventually ruled a justifiable homicide. He quickly moved into the orbit of the Chicago Outfit - joining the "42 Gang," a teenage street gang that was a farm team for the mob. The 42 Gang included three future Chicago mob bosses, Sam Giancana, Sam Battaglia and Phil Alderisio. After they had all moved up to the big leagues of Chicago crime, Nicoletti's clout was greatly enhanced.

By the late 1950's, Nicoletti had a feared reputation as a hitman and was one of the usual suspects brought in for questioning whenever cops thought they had a gangland-style-slaying on their hands. In 1962, he was arrested while driving a so-called "work" car, specially equipped with hidden compartments for guns, rear lights that turned off, a souped up engine, special reinforcement on both sides, bullet proof glass and a rotating rear license plate. It was no surprise the next day when a mob associate was found slain near where Nicoletti had been detained.

Around this time, Nicoletti agreed to meet with Agent Roemer, who was trying to develop informants. Despite a long cat-and-mouse discussion in which Nicoletti disclosed that he showed legitimate income by claiming to work for various car dealerships, Roemer failed to turn the gangster.

In the mid-1960's however, Nicoletti's luck began to sour. In 1965, Giancana was jailed for contempt of court for refusing to testify before a grand jury. When he was released the next year, mob powerhouse Tony Accardo officially dethroned Giancana and Nicoletti's stature began to decline, even though Battaglia and Alderisio had two-year-runs at the top.

GiancannaBy 1975, Giancana (left) was ailing, and he was killed in an insurance play by the leaders of the Outfit. They didn't fear a Giancana comeback but were concerned that his ill health might make him susceptible to increasing federal pressure. If Giancana talked, the entire Outfit hierarchy could go down. Nicoletti was not happy about his friend's killing and foolishly voiced his displeasure several times. His inability to stifle himself proved to be a fatal mistake. On March 29, 1977, Nicoletti took three .38 caliber slugs behind the ear as he sat in the front seat of his car.

At first, the mob floated a story that Nicoletti had been killed in a revenge slaying for his hit on a Milwaukee mob leader. This was just smoke and mirrors. The Outfit had silenced an unhappy employee who could prove to be dangerous either with his gun or his mouth.

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Wim, My thought was that Mr. Summers could have have been mistaken at the length of time.

What I meant by sore subject is taken from the tone of the Files section on the forum. I understand and respect your passion. I will continue to keep an open mind and a lookout for anything new on Files.

Thank you for the information, Your wed site has been a great source for me.

Tony

Wim, My thought was that Mr. Summers could have have been mistaken at the length of time.

What I meant by sore subject is taken from the tone of the Files section on the forum. I understand and respect your passion. I will continue to keep an open mind and a lookout for anything new on Files.

Tony

If this is relevant?

dp_aerial-1.jpg

Tony

Tony, There's a rule of thumb for this case: The most credible evidence is discredited the most. And people behave like sheep in a herd. Keep that in mind while researching this case.

I'll give you a funny example. When I discovered that David Mantik (great researcher and scientist by the way) had published an article, wherein he said that the X-rays of JFK's skull could well show a cloud of mercury particles, I called him and I asked him if he ever heard of the James Files story? He said yes, but he never looked into it, "because fellow researachers advised me to stay clear of it".

I then asked him if he knew that Files claims to have shot a mercury round. He said no. And he added "I will look at the Files story now".

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar