The Education Forum

Dorothy Kilgallen

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/27/2009 at 10:25 AM, Peter McGuire said:

I just got a hold of a 1979 copy of the book of her name. Hard to read, but the first thing that I get out of it is that in such a big "house" ( five story Park Avenue Mansion) , unwelcome people could have came and went with ease. The husband was drunk; there was help coming and going; an ideal place to off somebody.

Specific to the case, her time of death or even the time NYPD found her has not really been established, which makes it suspicious at the outset. She did not kill herself and that was what they wanted in order to avoid the investigation of a suicide, so it had to be an accident.

15 or more pills do not an accident make.

She was murdered.

I wanted to see what I had previously written before I post again on this 12 year old thread. 

On 7/1/2009 at 3:01 PM, David Yarnell said:

Mr. McGuire, you can access video and audio of Kilgallen's hairdresser Marc Sinclaire saying he found her dead a few minutes after nine in the morning, and he noticed another person inside the house who seemed to be aware of the death already. There is a document from the NYPD saying her body was still inside the house after three in the afternoon. You also see and hear Mr. Sinclaire saying an NYPD squad car was parked in front of the house with two officers seated inside. They paid no attention to Mr. Sinclaire.

The number of barbiturate capsules she took was never established. There was something else in her stomach that had nothing to do with barbiturates or alcohol: an unidentified pink liquid. That is in the autopsy report that anyone can access at the National Archives in Maryland near Washington, DC. Lee Israel did not invent the pink liquid when she included it in her book. She asked officials of the medical examiner's office about it, and they said they never knew what the pink liquid was. The chemist responsible for analyzing it, a man named Charles Umberger, died in December of 1977 at age 70 without having talked to Ms. Israel.

My post got this response.