The Education Forum

FBI, the mob, and 9/11

Even if you can come up with semi-feasable answers to the above questions why would they carry out such an elaborate hoax?

It's possible that whatever happened to Flight 93 was not preplanned as "an elaborate hoax." It was the one "hijacked" flight that morning that was significantly delayed in taking off. There came a point where it could not believably reach a target (as if any of them could believably reach targets as officially described). Was it supposed to hit WTC7? Some other target? It certainly could not be allowed to land safely at the end of the day.

Ron please present a coherent theory of what you think happened. Do you or don’t you think it crashed near Shanksville? If not answer the questions from post 68, if so answer the previous ones or at least tell me who you think was flying.

The flight actually didn’t take off too late to

It took off at 8:42 AM and reached cursing altitude at 9:02 but wasn’t hijacked till about 9:28 and didn’t start to turn around till 9:32 meaning it was about 50 minutes flying time from NYC or DC.

By contrast Flight 11 was hijacked about 15 minutes after take off, flights 77 and 175 about 30 minutes later. If flight 93 had been hijacked at 8:57 (15 minutes after take off) it could have hit NYC or DC by about 9:12.

Don't you think that if the PTB could pull such an elaborate plot they could have made sure all the flights took off reasonablly on time? All four took off 10 - 20 minutes late!

Edited by Len Colby

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron please present a coherent theory of what you think happened.

Can't you understand that I don't know what happened and don't have a theory? But you are intent to get me to waste time on this, aren't you. Getting people to waste time, running around in circles on unanswered questions, seems to be your gig here.

Ron please present a coherent theory of what you think happened.

Can't you understand that I don't know what happened and don't have a theory? But you are intent to get me to waste time on this, aren't you. Getting people to waste time, running around in circles on unanswered questions, seems to be your gig here.

That’s a bit of a cop out Ron your posts on the subject on this forum all seemed to push the notion the plane had been shot down, then after I produced evidence that this wasn’t likely you said you were even it was in the area then after I pointed out this was highly improbable you tell us you don’t have a theory.

So tell is it just so possible that the plane was hijacked by four Islamic extremists but crashed before it reached its intended target due to a passenger rebellion? If not, why not?

No reason to run around in circles, just give simple answers to simple questions.

That’s a bit of a cop out Ron your posts on the subject on this forum all seemed to push the notion the plane had been shot down

No, I have said there is evidence the plane was shot down, but it is not conclusive and I don't know that it was. What my posts have pushed is the notion that the official story of Flight 93 and of 9/11 overall is shot full of holes. I will continue to push that, but will not try to answer questions that only a real investigation could answer.

“Inside jobbers” often point to the lack of debris as evidence that flt. 93 was shot down or that no plane crashed. Previous crashes also left little wreckage namely American Eagle flt 4184 and United flt 585

American Eagle 4184

230px-Eagle_4184_crashsite.jpg

roselawn.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Eagle_Flight_4184

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles...anecrashes.html

Due to the lower mass of the plane and lower speed and less acute angle of the crash 4184 probably hit the ground with 1/10 – 1/15 the force of flight 93 yet little more than a piece of the tail survived as wreckage recognizable from the air.

United 585

flight585crash.jpg

http://www.airdisaster.com/special/special-ua585.shtml

http://www.ntsb.gov/Publictn/2001/AAR0101.pdf (4 MB file)

585 was a Boeing 737-200* which weighs half as much as a 757-200** and according to the NTSB report impacted at “212 knots”*** or 245 mph 42% the speed of flt. 93 and impacted with about 1/5 the force of the 9-11 crash yet it also left little more than a hole in the ground.

* http://www.heston.net/aviation/boeing.html

** http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=101

*** see link above pg. 40 (PDF pg. 58)

Len

Guest Stephen Turner

Hi Len, fair to say you appear to have answered most of my original doubts, rest assured, if I find anything else I(like Arnie) will be back. Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

The Ever Changing Story of William Rodriguez

[NOTE -The Forum's software cut out my endnotes and endnote numbers, the complete version can be downloaded]

Most backers of the “theory” that the Twin Towers collapsed due to controlled demolition (CD) put a great deal of weight on the claims of William Rodriguez that he and his co-workers heard and felt a loud explosion from below which threw them upwards and made the walls crack and sprinklers go off etc a few seconds before flight 11 crashed into the North Tower.

There are two principal problems with his account:

1) It doesn’t make sense.

2) It differs substantially from earlier accounts he gave of what happened that morning and there are contradictions between his various retellings.

1 – Rodriguez’s story doesn’t make sense.

Flight 11 crashed into the North Tower at 8:46 AM and the building collapsed from the top down almost two hours later at 9:28. I and other skeptics have asked “inside jobbers” on a few forums how setting off explosives in the basement fits into the scenario of a top down CD 102 minutes later and why the plotters would have set off the charges just before the impact. The best explanation I’ve seen is ‘maybe they screwed up and accidentally set the charges off early’. These are supposedly the same people who set off charges on all 110 floors of each tower over a period of 8.4 – 16 seconds precisely enough that the buildings collapsed with out any noticeable pauses. If we calculate for the most commonly cited time 10 seconds it comes to an average of 0.09 seconds per floor and since the collapse was accelerating the interval between floors at the end would have been close to 0.04 seconds. Any destruction of structural supports in the basement serious enough to facilitate a later collapse would presumably have made the towers unstable yet there are no reports (that I have seen) of either rocking or swaying except in the immediate aftermath of the impacts. Nor has anyone else AFAIK reported a pre-impact explosion, a few of his co-workers joined his RICO suit none have backed this part of his story.

His version is contradicted by Mike Pecoraro who was in the 6th subbasement Rodriguez was in the 1st said he thought the explosion came from the 2nd or 3rd. He makes no mention of him or his co-worker feeling even a vibration when the 767 struck the top of 1 WTC, his coworker but not Pecoraro himself noticed the lights flicker.

That is not to say there weren’t explosions in the subbasements as Pecoraro and others have attested. There are believed to have been caused by jet fuel which had traveled down elevator and utility shafts being ignited. This was discussed in both the 9/11 Commission and NIST reports. It is very much part of the “official story”. Only Rodriguez party to a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against the Bushes and various other defendants claim these explosions proceeded impact. A few other witnesses described feeling explosions in their proximity in the basement only Rodriguez (AFAIK) claims to have felt an explosion on another floor. There is no record of him making such claims before late May 2005 almost four years after the fact and months after the lawsuit had been filed.

2) It differs substantially from earlier accounts he gave of what happened that morning and there are contradictions between his various retellings.

He gave one of his most recent and most embellished retellings of what happened that morning at a “truther” event organized by Alex Jones on June 25, 2006 he said:

“As I was talking to a supervisor at 8:46 like chitchatting and all of a sudden we hear PAAH very strong BOOM!!! An explosion so hard that it pushed us UPWARDS, UPWARDS!!…The explosion was so hard that all the walls cracked the false ceiling fell on top of us, the sprinkler system got activated and when I was going to verbalize it was a generator we hear BOOM! All the way at the top"

However when he was interviewed over the phone live by Aaron Brown on CNN at 1:30 PM, September 11, 2001 he gave a very different much less dramatic account of what had happened only a few hours earlier:

“RODRIGUEZ: I was in the basement, which is the support floor for the maintenance company, and we hear like a big rumble. Not like an impact, like a rumble, like moving furniture in a massive way. And all of sudden we hear another rumble, and a guy comes running, running into our office, and all of skin was off his body. All of the skin.”

He recounted his actions up to the point he took cops and firefighters up to the 39th floor and made no mention of hearing any other sounds or explosions though he would later claim he heard “many explosions” including one so strong he “thought it was an earthquake” and heard strange noises like people “moving heavy equipment and furniture” (gee where have I heard that before?). CNN posted a story the next day in which he gave a very similar account.

He said nothing about sprinklers going off or walls cracking or ceilings falling. The “rumble” that sounded like “moving furniture in a massive way” had not yet been transformed into a “BOOM!!” that sounded like a generator exploding (or a truck bomb as he would later claim he thought the first noise was) and was so strong it pushed him and his co-workers upwards and cracked the walls etc and notably he said nothing about the direction the noise had come from. In my many years living apartment buildings I’ve frequently heard people moving furniture on the floor above me but never from the floor below, it’s an odd way to describe a sound from below and wouldn’t remind me of a generator exploding or a truck bomb. Nor did he say anything along those lines during another interview that day.

It is interesting to note that even in the complaint for his famous RICO suit filed October 21, 2004 against the Bush Administration, PNAC, the 9/11 Commission and numerous other defendants nothing is ever said, either in the part where his actions that day are described or in the outline of the “evidence” against the defendants, about an explosion from below pushing him upward, cracking the walls, setting off the sprinklers or causing the false ceiling to fall etc. In fact there is no mention at all of what he experienced at the time of the impact. Nor is anything said about his testimony before the commission. The parts below are especially telling (emphasis added):

2. Rodriguez, at great risk to his own life, re-entered the Towers three times after the first, North Tower impact at about 8:46 A.M., and is believed to be the last person to exit the North Tower alive…

<snip>

10. Plaintiff avows at the outset that he does not know all the facts of the catastrophes of 9-11, but his study of facts available in the public domain — most of which come from “conventional” or “mainstream” news media, or agencies of the U.S. government — have convinced him, to a moral certainty (as they have convinced millions of Americans who, regrettably, are being ignored by Congress and establishment media) that the “Official Story” is a government propaganda exercise, and a “Big Lie” in the ugly tradition of Joseph Goebbels, to maintain the control of the elite over the masses.

11. Plaintiff’s study of 9-11 leads him to conclude, and therefore to allege upon information and belief as set forth below, that President George W. Bush, his father, former President George H. W. Bush, his brothers, <snip> Senior Political Advisor Karl Rove, and others of the Defendants had actual knowledge, prior to September 11, 2001, that on or about that date one or more commercial airliners would be commandeered or diverted, flown into a landmark building or structure within the territory of the United States, and that the deaths of all or most of the passengers on the airplane(s), as well as hundreds or thousands of people in and about the targeted building(s), would result.

In other words his belief that 9-11 was an "inside job" didn't stem from his experiences on 9-11 but rather from his "study of 9-11" based on “facts available in the public domain”. He listed the 23 “facts” upon which he based his belief 1, 2 and 7 WTC had been subject to controlled demolition on pages 42 – 52 and no mention is made of his personal experiences that day or unusual noises or explosions heard by anyone in the towers even where he stated his belief that “the true perpetrators of the attacks placed and detonated explosives below ground level beneath each of the towers, where the columns were affixed to bedrock. ” In fact he stated the explosives were detonated “1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours after” the crashes.

An article from the American Free Press (AFP – an extreme rightwing “inside job” paper and websute) about the lawsuit also fails to mention his testimony or any noises or explosions Rodriguez heard or felt. Excerpts of an interview with his lawyer are included and as in the complaint he says that the case is based on publicly available information .

Apparently his 1st first recorded mention of an explosion from below came in a May 25, 2005 interview with which was quoted in an article published in mid June. He made no mention of the force of the explosion pushing him and others upward, he only added that into the mix about a year later:

At 8:45, he was talking with his supervisor in the first basement level, B1, when he heard and felt a tremendous explosion. Rodriguez told AFP that he felt the first explosion come from a lower basement level. The towers had 6 basement levels.

The building shook, the ceiling fell, and some of the sprinklers began spraying.

"Oh my God, what happened?" Rodriguez, who survived the first bombing of the WTC in 1993, told AFP he recalled saying to his boss. "I think it was the electrical generators."

No sooner had he spoken these words than a second explosion shook the building, this time coming from the upper part of the tower. This second shock, Rodriguez said, shook the building and cracked the walls. "The building moved," he said.

<snip>

Rodriguez then felt a third explosion coming from above. "The ground was shaking," he said. "I thought it was an earthquake."

<snip>

Thinking that a bomb had been exploded in the building, Rodriguez checked the trucks he passed.

<snip>

[Referring to the period he was in one of the North Tower’s stairwells helping firefighters] "I heard many, many explosions," Rodriguez said.

Odd that he forgot to tell Aaron Brown about the third explosion which was so hard he thought it was an earthquake, he didn’t mention it in any other account. There are inconsistencies between this and future retellings of what happened. In this one the walls cracked after the SECOND “explosion” but later he said this happened after the FIRST one. He told the AFP he told his boss he though "…it was the electrical generators" just before the second “explosion” but in his other retellings said the plane impacted before he could “verbalize it”.

Shortly after his first AFP interview he spoke to Greg Szymanski, another reporter for the far rightwing weekly, for an article released June 24, 2005. Even though cracking walls are mentioned he seems to have forgotten about the ceiling and sprinklers he in fact left those out of most accounts until the speech he gave a year later. He had yet to mention being pushed upwards only saying that the floor had “vibrated” and “rattled”:

"When I heard the sound of the explosion, the floor beneath my feet vibrated, the walls started cracking and it everything started shaking," said Rodriguez, who was huddled together with at least 14 other people in the office.

Rodriguez said Anthony Saltamachia, supervisor for the American Maintenance Co., was one of the people in the room who stands ready to verify his story.

"Seconds after the first massive explosion below in the basement still rattled the floor, I hear another explosion from way above," said Rodriguez. "Although I was unaware at the time, this was the airplane hitting the tower, it occurred moments after the first explosion."

A July 2005 article from an “inside job” site indicates that Rodriguez’s ‘explosion from below’ story 1st appeared in “late last June”.

In a September 2005 interview on INN by Lenny Charles with him and Szymanski he gave a similar account, he made no mention of being pushed upwards, walls cracking, sprinklers going off, false ceilings collapsing or an earthquake like third explosion (though he said he felt explosions while going up the stairs).

I am not sure of the date of the interview but when he spoke to the makers of Loose Change the second noise was only a light “poooh” and no mention is made of being push upwards, walls cracking, sprinklers going off or false ceilings collapsing:

“All of a sudden we hear BOOM! (claps hands together at waist level loudly) and I said to myself ‘Oh my God! I think it was a generator’ and I was going to verbalize it and when I finish saying that in my mind I hear poooh (claps hands less loudly than before over head) right on top pretty far away…”

In his January 2006 affidavit for his RICO the version stayed pretty much the same a loud explosion from below which sounded like a generator exploding preceded the impact from above. Walls cracked after the first “explosion” and the floor vibrated but there is no mention of sprinklers, ceilings, being pushed upward or an earthquake like third explosion felt before leaving the basement:

Less than a minute before the plane struck the North Tower, as I later learned, between approximately the 93rd and the 98th floors, I heard a very loud, explosive sound. I was still in the maintenance office on B1 at the time. From my long familiarity with the sub-basements, I believed that the explosion came from below, from level B2 or B3. My thought was that an electrical generator on one of those levels must have exploded. Not only did I hear what I believe to have been a large explosion in a lower-level basement of the North Tower, but I felt the floor beneath my feet vibrating, I saw the concrete walls of the maintenance office crack, and everything started shaking.

Seconds later, there occurred a second, distinct, and large explosion which caused the maintenance office to shake for some seconds. This, I later learned, was an aircraft striking the north façade of WTC1 above the ninetieth floor.

On the day of the attacks Rodriguez said the first noise was a rumble that sounded like “moving furniture” a few years later it was transformed in a loud and violent “BOOM!” which cracked the walls but he still remembered noises like moving furniture but the time and place had now changed:

“On the 33rd floor, I went into a maintenance office. I found a woman on that floor, conscious but laying in a fetal position, apparently frozen with fear and not knowing what to do. I spent a few moments on the 33rd floor. It impressed me as very strange that, immediately above, almost certainly on the 34th floor of the North Tower, there was much noise, as if workers were moving heavy equipment and furniture around on that floor. One reason this impressed me as highly peculiar was that the 34th floor was supposedly vacant. The floor was off-limits, supposedly due to ongoing construction on that floor, and elevators did not stop there. It was at about this moment that I began to feel afraid.”

He gave a similar account in the Szymanski article:

“I heard strange sounds coming form the 34th floor, loud noises like someone moving and thumping heavy equipment and furniture. I knew this floor was empty and stripped due to construction work”

But on another occasion when he was interviewed on St. Louis radio station he said:

“On my up, something very strange happened on the 34th floor, which was a completely vacant floor, gutted for construction. As I was walking by the stairwell door, I heard these very loud noises like somebody moving heavy dumpsters or office furniture. I don’t know what it was but it was very strange because I know it was supposed to be a vacant floor.”

Uuuum, so did he hear the “strange noises” when he was in the 33rd floor maintenance office while he was helping the woman or when he “was walking by the [34th floor] stairwell door”? One could he argue both were true but then it would be odd that he wouldn’t have said this and it doesn’t make sense as per the first account that he wasn’t sure which floor the noises were coming from if he also heard them through the door.

A few other things are odd about this account:

1) There was indeed construction work being done that morning . Why would he think it strange to hear such noises coming from a floor undergoing construction? It can’t have been completely “off limits” how would the “on going construction” work get done?

2) The floor wasn’t completely stripped, vacant or off limits because in addition to the construction work the PANYNJ had offices there . In fact that’s where John O'Neill, the ex FBI agent who started his job as head of security the day before and died when the tower collapsed had his office and the elevators stopped on that floor . He claims to have earlier left “his backpack in his closet on the 33rd floor” as he presumably did every day, he had worked (indirectly) for the PA for nearly 20 years how could he not have known the PA had offices on the floor above the maintenance office where he had his closet? If the area above his closet and the maintenance office was the part undergoing construction presumably he would have heard noises of people moving heavy equipment before.

3) The story doesn’t really make sense from a CD perspective, are we to believe the plotters’ henchmen were still planting heavy explosive charges at that point? What if somebody walked in on them? He doesn’t explain why he didn’t the door wasn’t he there to give the NYFD access to the locked floors?

I’ve been asked why Rodriguez would so embellish and alter his story. That is something I can only speculate about, all that I can say is that his version of events changed radically sometime between October 21, 2004 and May 25, 2005 and there are inconsistencies in his versions since then. His supporters claim that he tried to tell or told his story earlier, that he says “that in countless interviews with mainstream reporters his words have either been deleted, manipulated or made to fit the official government account” included among those who did this were the NY Times, NBC the authors of the best selling book “102 Minutes” and the 9/11 Commission . They all, he claims, omitted his accounts of “bombs in the basement”. He claims in fact that it was being censored by the “main stream media” and the commission’s ignoring of his testimony in the final report that led him to speak out publicly and file the RICO suit . Though hard to disprove this doesn’t fit the known facts:

- He spoke live on CNN at least twice on 9/11 less than 5 hours after flight 11 crashed into 1 WTC and told a very different version of events.

- The complaint for the RICO suit makes no mention of the noises he heard or his testimony before the commission.

- He didn’t tell any alternate media and/or truthers about what happened until May 2005.

- He claimed to have testified before the commission “behind closed doors” but the makers of a documentary about him claims to contain “archival footage … [of] his appearance in front of the 9/11 Commission” the website for the film apparently made primarily before he “went public” makes no mention of a ‘bomb in the basement’ etc. His testimony was covered by the press and reports his claim to have seen a hijacker casing the towers a few month before the attacks but nothing about a pre-impact explosion .

Are we to believe his live comments we some how altered? Are we to believe he filed the RICO because the 9/11 Commission omitted his telling them about the pre-impact explosion but failed to mention the explosion or his testimony before the commission in the 237 page complaint? He also claims that “his interviews [were] edited by the English-speaking (but not the Spanish-) media” . If this is true perhaps he or one of his supporters can point out an example of a Spanish interview from before May 25, 2005 where he said something about the “explosions”, as of February 22, 2007 no such clips were available on the two biggest internet video hosts YouTube and Google Video . Additionally his claims of censorship don’t explain why he hadn’t previously told any “truther” media about the explosion or the inconsistencies of story since “speaking out”. In the 17th century Algernon Sidney said “Liars need to have good memories.” Mr. Rodriguez it seems is the former but doesn’t have the latter.

What are Rodriguez’s motives for embellishing what happened that morning? My best guess is a desire for fame and fortune especially the former. When he was a young man in Puerto Rico he dreamed of becoming “…a magician, the greatest illusionist in the Caribbean basin” and had been “featured on TV escaping from a chained straight jacket while hanging from a burning rope” and “he became a fixture on television and stage all over Puerto Rico” and was even featured on the Italian TV network RAI . According to the makers of a film about him “William Rodriquez… moved from Puerto Rico to New York with the dream of a career on stage…. As a young man, William trained to become an escape artist… In 1982, he moved to New York City with the dream of making it on the biggest stage of them all...” Since coming to the mainland semi-fame and statute came and went a few times. He was an assistant to the Amazing Randi for a while but was unable to find work as a magician’s and became a janitor at the WTC . For a while he worked as sort of an assistant to NY State Governor Mario Cuomo who many people speculated would make a formidable presidential candidate. But George Pataki defeated Cuomo in 1994 and was an anonymous janitor again, then after 9/11 he was proclaimed a national hero honored by the president and congress of the United States. But then like many other people who became well know for their actions that morning his “15 minutes of fame” faded. He was unemployed for three years and was even homeless for a while having to sleep in his car . Then he discovered the “ ‘truth’ movement” or the “ ‘truth’ movement” discovered him and he became well known in the movement but he was just one of many truthers of note, his tale of a pre-impact explosion however turned him into one of the movements stars. He went on speaking tours around the world and even met high level government officials in countries such as Venezuela and Malaysia; to millions of “truthers” he is a hero, sure beats being a homeless unemployed ex-janitor sleeping in your car. It seems odd that he would have accepted an award from Bush if he suspected the President’s involvement in 9/11. He might well be convinced that 9/11 really was an “inside job” and believes that his “sexed up” version of events will help the cause. It’s also possible he embellished his story due to his post traumatic stress disorder for which he received therapy

People have asked me how I could doubt the word of a nationally and internationally recognized hero like Rodriguez. I have two answers for that, one is that there is no direct action between heroism and honesty the other is that I do believe him, I believe the 2001 – 2004 William Rodriguez not the post May 25, 2005 William Rodriguez.

There are also problems with his accounts of what happened while he was in the stairs, but those will have to wait.

Rodriguez__s_ever_changing_story.doc

Edited by Len Colby

Yes Sid I wrote it, do you still think this guy is credible?

I wonder if John Simkin would like to invite William Rodriguez to join the forum?

He could then answer your original critique in person, Len.

Rodriguez' website is HERE.

Regarding your question, Len... I like to keep an open mind.

Please don't ask my opinion about your credibility, however, as an honest response mught cause offense ;)

If you are going to insinuate that I’m not credible perhaps you can cite examples of when I have been intentionally deceptive or major errors in my posts. I have made a few mistakes but have owned up to them when pointed out.

As far as the paper I wrote about Rodriguez is concerned my credibility or lack there of isn’t that relevant because there are very few instances where the reader has to trust me everything is documented he contradicted himself on numerous occasions. So go ahead keep an open mind regarding Rodriguez, as Groucho said “I can feel the breeze from here”.

Thanks for pointing out his site for me, I see he has a store, asks for donations and continues to go on junkets around the world, perhaps I will update the paper and suggest a possible profit motive. He seems to be one of the few people from the NYC area who is better off now than on September 10, 2001.

I just e-mailed him I wonder how he’ll respond.

I find it amazing how most “truthers” find it impossible to dismiss any of their so called “evidence” even after it has been debunked, Fetzer and others are still going on about there being “no Arab names on any of the flight manifests” years after this has been shown to be in error, Alex Jones and others still take Lauro Chavez seriously even though he claims to have flown into Kabul airport on a USAF C-130 September 16, 2001 which was a few months before the US invaded Afghanistan let alone the fall of Kabul and reopening of the airport.

If you are going to insinuate that I’m not credible perhaps you can cite examples of when I have been intentionally deceptive or major errors in my posts. I have made a few mistakes but have owned up to them when pointed out.

As far as the paper I wrote about Rodriguez is concerned my credibility or lack there of isn’t that relevant because there are very few instances where the reader has to trust me everything is documented he contradicted himself on numerous occasions. So go ahead keep an open mind regarding Rodriguez, as Groucho said “I can feel the breeze from here”.

Thanks for pointing out his site for me, I see he has a store, asks for donations and continues to go on junkets around the world, perhaps I will update the paper and suggest a possible profit motive. He seems to be one of the few people from the NYC area who is better off now than on September 10, 2001.

I just e-mailed him I wonder how he’ll respond.

I find it amazing how most “truthers” find it impossible to dismiss any of their so called “evidence” even after it has been debunked, Fetzer and others are still going on about there being “no Arab names on any of the flight manifests” years after this has been shown to be in error, Alex Jones and others still take Lauro Chavez seriously even though he claims to have flown into Kabul airport on a USAF C-130 September 16, 2001 which was a few months before the US invaded Afghanistan let alone the fall of Kabul and reopening of the airport.

My quip about credibility was a cheap shot I just couldn't resist, Len. Apologies.

I really don't have time, right now, to read your paper, try to review it fairly and in context and reply at length.

I would certainly read Rodriguez' reply - and might participate in an ensuing debate.

Readng your attack on him in conjunction with his reply would be useful.

IMO, the 9-11 'Truth Movement' is comprised of genuine independent thinkers, people who jump on bandwagons - and disinfo agents playing various roles.

Figuring out who is what is, of course, a major problem for anyone seeking the truth about 9-11. It was intended to be thus from the outset. The folk who pulled off 9-11 had experience.

The apparent confusion makes it easier for folks like Monbiot to throw up their arms and claim the whole '9-11 Truth Movement' consists of nutcases.

Yet I think it's clear who's winning the contest for public opinion.

It took a very long time for an institution like the BBC to build up its widespread credibility.

It won't take nearly as long to lose it.

Mr.Rodriguez will be giving a talk in Dublin on the 28th of February, I might go along to have a look. I would hope that there is no fee for admission.

He is currently in the UK as far as I know.

John

John,

I have him on record saying he doesn't charge admission and survives on donations but I'd make sure I had a few Euros in my pocket just in case. Perhaps you can ask him about the numerous discrepancies in his accounts.

All,

He replied to my e-mail but didn't respond in any meaningful way to my findings

Len