The Education Forum

Oswald Or Not ?

Guest Duncan MacRae

"I think the depth is very debateable.Here is an official photograph of the snipers nest.I for one am 100% certain that these boxes have been moved.They are shown at the window which we dont see in any views from the outside.It would be hypocritical for anyone to now say that these boxes look smaller because of the distance from the cameras.If that was the case it would also apply to my figure.Like you Frank,i'm just saying it as it is."

Duncan:

I am unsure what you mean by the depth being "debateable."

The photograph you show was taken hours after the assassination -- revealed by the shadows -- and the boxes had, indeed, been moved (by Detective Studebaker). I don't see where "hypocrisy" comes in here.

We are getting off the subject, but anyone interested in how the boxes were moved and three "incarnations" of the carton arrangements around the SE window on the sixth floor might find this article worthy of the investment in time:

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/SN

To return to the original focus of this thread -- Duncan, in my opinion your case for a person being present in the "sniper's nest" window in the final minutes of President Kennedy's life is lacking, resulting from misinterpretation of light and shadow in blurred frames. I expect you will disagree, therefore I propose to agree to disagree, and move on.

All the best,

Allan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon that the lower edge of the open window was about 3 ft* from the floor. Also the window breadth was about two and a half feet. Therefore, an average man at that window would occupy more than half of the area visible from outside .... In my opinion, Duncan's outline is consistent with the stature of a child, not of a man, even if he were on his knees.

Allan

*Raymond, the window sill is about 13-14 inches from the floor.

Allan

Thank you Alan, and thanks to all who contributed to this thread. At this stage my impressions of the "figure" are best summed up by the Bard of Avon in the famous scene known as Hamlet's Cloud:

Hamlet: Do you see yon cloud, that's almost in shape like a camel?

Polonius: By the mass, and 't is like a camel, indeed.

Hamlet: Methinks, it is like a weasel.

Polonius: It is backed like a weasel.

Hamlet: Or, like a whale?

Polonius: Very like a whale.

Duncan:

Thank you -- that helps a lot.

I believe that the reason you don't see a figure in the Kibrough photograph is that it is too clear. In other words, your figure results from light and shadows.

If you disagree with me on that, please see the composite below. They show that the figure you outlined was diminutive -- about three feet tall.

Allan

post-692-1138728563_thumb.jpg

Allan,

I disagree on the presumption that this figure could and probably was in a kneeling down position.I believe that any shooter would almost certainly be in a low down position before and during firing,and possibly on their kness to avoid being seen.I have used your image to make my point,ie i have cut off your simulated shooter just below the knees and moved him in to a more central position as we see in the frames.

Duncan

Duncan,

There are people shown in the windows below, or nearly below, the window in question.

Comparing the dimensions of the figures in these windows should answer fairly quickly whether or not the figure you have pointed out is of proportionate size.

Chuck

Duncan,

It seems to me that the sixth floor was a pretty busy place. Take a close look at that middle window in your opening post. I have attached it below for starters. Please see what you can do with it.

Here's what the enlarged vesrion of the left side looks like.

To consider.

with these extreme enlargements one that are not pixel resizing but include some degree of interpolation there is an introduction of pixel smear that may have nothing to do with the image generating the actual pixels.

an example: person in the sky (no diamonds)

On the balance of the argument having considered everything,i have to concede that at the moment the evidence points in your favour.I'll continue to look at this area in more frames through the course of time.Thanks for your well thought out contribution Allan.Now let's get on to some serious business.Whose going to knock England out of the world cup?...lol

Cheers for noo

Duncan

--------------------------

So, something of a meeting of the minds, Duncan? That's nice.

Just wish there was the potential for *Scotland* to exfenestrate England. But alas, no. I probably look like a traitor from your perspective, but from this side of the pond -- in Scotland's absence -- I'll be supporting the boys in white. Sorry.

Awrebestanat.

Allan

On the balance of the argument having considered everything,i have to concede that at the moment the evidence points in your favour.I'll continue to look at this area in more frames through the course of time.Thanks for your well thought out contribution Allan.Now let's get on to some serious business.Whose going to knock England out of the world cup?...lol

Cheers for noo

Duncan

--------------------------

So, something of a meeting of the minds, Duncan? That's nice.

Just wish there was the potential for *Scotland* to exfenestrate England. But alas, no. I probably look like a traitor from your perspective, but from this side of the pond -- in Scotland's absence -- I'll be supporting the boys in white. Sorry.

Awrebestanat.

Allan

I bet you wouldn't say that walking through Possilpark...lol

http://www.tartanspecials.com/sexdrugsands...lls.php?pipe=hi

Enjoy.and i hope this brings you back toyour senses Allan

:cheers Duncan

Ah Duncan...

The glory days.

When will we see their likes again?

Cheers fur the noo, china,

Allan

Is This Oswald or not?.

Frame from the Hughes film as the limo turns on to Elm.

Opinions welcomed.

Duncan

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

Duncan,

Can you re-post that photograph (The one that began the tread) from the Hughes film as the limo turns on to Elm Street... It seems to have dis-appeared somewhere along the line.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Mike Regan

Hi Duncan,

Appreciate it... But the original photograph included the 5th floor. And that's where my interest lies.

Thanks again,

Mike

Duncan,

Thank you for taking out the time... Really appreciated it.

Mike

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Here are a few close ups of the figure(s)(?)

in the Hughes film.Individual seems to be crouching

behind box and looking askance to

his left in expectation.

Is there a second individual behind him?

No sign of any weapon type elongation.

Head and shoulders of foreground individual

seem to be evident.

Hairline? Is this Oswald?

Difficult - if not impossible to say.

More work needed on this.

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

Hope this is helpful. You are generally correct .

I recommend working on the image of the arched middle window, which is much more revealing

Edited by Ed O'Hagan

Duncan,

Even at first glance, the middle window depicted in your opening post appears to contain the images of individuals. Having subjected it to closer inspection, it looks as though there was a group of policemen behind the window; some are depicted aiming cameras. The boxes were arranged in two rows one behind the other. with the front row lower than the back row. This configuration facilitated cameramen to stand behind the back row with their arms resting on the boxes, others to sit on the front row , and still others to kneel before them closer to the window. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that the sixth floor was a real 'shooting' gallery ... photograpically speaking that is. That being the case, the sixth floor of the TSBD could hardly have been a suitable location from which to discharge AIMED gunshots at a president of the United States.

Earlier pictorial examples which I posted in this thread should be revisted and 'PhotoShoped' by those who have the software. As you know these types of images are not well defined, and although I prefer not to tell viewers what they should be seeing, I believe the time has now come to provide a little assistance in that regard:

Duncan's middle window

Enhancement of part of red boxed area in the above picture to assist visual detection of the image of one of the cameramen standing behind the back row of boxes. Closer examination of the red boxed area in the above picture will reveal that he was not alone.

Here is a portion of what to look for in visually 'unscrambling' the one above.

There's lots left to see in the remaining three quadrants of that particular window, and I certainly look forward to seeing Duncan and others being able to improve on what I have submitted herewith.