The Education Forum

Jackie climbed onto the rear seat because......

Ed O'Hagan

Ed...good catch that Connally said his head was in Nellie's lap at time of head shot!

Jack

Does not anyone bother to view all the evidence pertaining to what the Connally's have said and why??? Moorman's photograph shows Connally laying back onto Nellie's lap, which is what was meant when he spoke of the timing of the head shot. It was merely a figure of speech that Connally made quite clear in his November 1966 interview with Life Magazine. He said that Nellie reached out to him and pulled him back onto her lap which is exactly what the Zapruder film shows between Z270 and Z308. I feel sometimes when I read such post as Ed's that some think that Connally should have been laying with his head in Nellie's lap like a small child sucking his thumb while clinging to his mommy. In the Movie "JFK" .... Senator Long's character used a term called 'picking pepper out of nat xxxx', it is just that sort of thing that seems to be happening here over the phrase Connally used when talking about his wife pulling him down into her lap.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, All,

I always felt something was very wrong with the harper fragment. First, that it was found the next day. and it had a bullet hole in it. Would the bullet not have caused another piece of the skull to be propelled out, rather than the area of the skull that it entered.

Terry

Edited by Terry Adams

Ed, All,

I always felt something was very wrong with the harper fragment. First, that it was found the next day. and it had a bullet hole in it. Would the bullet not have caused another piece of the skull to be propelled out, rather than the area of the skull that it entered.

Terry

Bullet hole?

Jack

Mrs. Connally's body movement is key (IMO), since she wasn't hit and even holding on to the Mr., wouldn't have forced her forward in such a coordinated movement (if she were forced forward due to a bullet impact on her husband she would have twisted in her seat). Her whole body moves forward. The result of breaking. What that means - ?? - but it gives credence to the eyewitnesses who state that the limo slowed to a stop or near stop.

Thanks for the footage.

Edited by David S. Brownlee

Braking, stopping, halting in the kill zone..........this is

just more evidence of something sponsored "legally"

DeGaulle's driver saved his life in a very similar attack

through sheer speed and acceleration, this 1960

assassination attempt is recreated in the opening

scenes of "Day of the Jackal"

if only Kennedy's team had roared through the underpass at the

first sound of gunshots.............

Ed...good catch that Connally said his head was in Nellie's lap at time of head shot!

Jack

Does not anyone bother to view all the evidence pertaining to what the Connally's have said and why??? Moorman's photograph shows Connally laying back onto Nellie's lap, which is what was meant when he spoke of the timing of the head shot. It was merely a figure of speech that Connally made quite clear in his November 1966 interview with Life Magazine. He said that Nellie reached out to him and pulled him back onto her lap which is exactly what the Zapruder film shows between Z270 and Z308. I feel sometimes when I read such post as Ed's that some think that Connally should have been laying with his head in Nellie's lap like a small child sucking his thumb while clinging to his mommy. In the Movie "JFK" .... Senator Long's character used a term called 'picking pepper out of nat xxxx', it is just that sort of thing that seems to be happening here over the phrase Connally used when talking about his wife pulling him down into her lap.

Bill Miller

I feel sometimes when I read such post as Ed's that some think that Connally should have been laying with his head in Nellie's lap like a small child sucking his thumb while clinging to his mommy.

Hang onto that and you just may find a reason for one to lie/attempt to obfuscate the facts.

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck"

Then it is probably a "DUCK"!----------And not the feathery kind!

don't only see the shoulder movng back and then forward. See the scale of the shoulder as the shoulder also moving towards and then away.

Mrs. Connally's body movement is key (IMO), since she wasn't hit and even holding on to the Mr., wouldn't have forced her forward in such a coordinated movement (if she were forced forward due to a bullet impact on her husband she would have twisted in her seat). Her whole body moves forward. The result of breaking. What that means - ?? - but it gives credence to the eyewitnesses who state that the limo slowed to a stop or near stop.

Thanks for the footage.

I am not sure how scientific the above information is concerning how Mrs. Connally would or should have reacted to her husband being shot, but it is true according to the evidence that the Governor wasn't being shot at that particular time period. According to the statements the Connally's have given ... JFK's head exploded and bits of brain matter was instantly sprayed all over the occupants of the car. It was at that precise moment that the Connally's attempted to get their heads down as far as possible - the Governor rolled up and out of Nellie's lap and made a controlled stop just short of the seat and ducked his head down as far as he could go. And yes, the assassination films all show the limo braking at the moment the President's head exploded, thus Greer and Kellerman also show signs of being nudged forward. It is because of this that I believe Greer braked as a reaction to the startlement of the matter being pelted all over the inside of the limo and that it took him a moment to react and accelerate away.

Below is Connally's reaction upon being violently pelted with brain matter as a result of the fatal shot to the President. Connally had said that he immediately knew what had happened and that the President had been fatally hit. As we look downward into the limo ... we can see Connally raise his right arm and begin to roll up and out of Nellie's lap.

Connally's reaction appears to me to have been nothing more than self-preservation ... just as Nellie, Greer and Kellerman did in the immediate Zframes that followed.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

don't only see the shoulder movng back and then forward. See the scale of the shoulder as the shoulder also moving towards and then away.

Let's not forget that the limo is rotating away from Zapruder's position as it crosses Abe's field of view, thus even a stationary object inside the limo will rotate and appear to have its right side move forward in those frames.

Bill Miller

Here is Z. frame #456 . It is recommended that first impressions be verified using PhotoShop or a similar type of software. Likewise, the pictures posted immediately above by Robin.

Notice that the rear seat appears now to be occupied only towards the right.

Edited by Ed O'Hagan

Guest Gary Loughran

Hi Ed,

456 is a frame I've examined many many times. In normal motion on the Z film it appears strange to say the least. It looks like Clint Hill and his left leg inparticular move in a 'jerky'/jumpy and (high)lighted in an unnatural way.

However, what has prevented me posting, previoulsy on this, is my uncertainty regarding the position of the pole/post in the frame. It seems like Clint's left leg [rest of body as well] appear superimposed over the top of it. But I can't be sure due to some motion blur in my many captures.

Maybe someone more qualified can view this...Jack/Bill/Craig????

Gary

Gary,

To the left of the tree the middle section of the limousine which, if you zoom in on it , appears to depict Jackie holding JFK on the rear seat and Nellie Connally standing above her husband, John, who is lying slouched on the jump seat below her. That may be all just fine and dandy, but compared to the depiction of the front and rear sections of the limousine, it's completely out of proportion. Compare the size of what appears to be Jackie and JFK's images with that of Clint Hill's on the trunk and Kellerman's in the front seat. The 'tree' would be concealing the exact spot where I said JFK was lying on his back in the limousine, immediately behind and partially on top of John Connally's jump seat, but whether or not the tree was 'doctored in' remains an open question.

Edited by Ed O'Hagan