The Education Forum

Richard Cain

Does this mean that Richard Cain used all three aliases?

- lee

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : CIA

RECORD NUMBER : 104-10059-10348

RECORDS SERIES : JFK

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 80T01357A

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : CIA

TO : GREGG, DONALD P./PCS/LOC

TITLE : HSCA REQUEST FOR FILES ON RICHARD CAIN AKA ROBERT

SCALZETTI, JORGE ALONSO PUJOL, I. IRVING DAVIDSON.

DATE : 06/29/1978

PAGES : 1

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : HSCA REQUEST; PUJOL, JORGE A.; DAVIDSON, I. I.; CAIN,

RICHARD S

CLASSIFICATION : SECRET

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 07/10/1993

COMMENTS : JFK8:F49 1993.07.10.08:57:58:650340: ATTACHMENT IS

MISSING.

FWIW, I have a copy of "Man Against the Mob" By William E. Roemer, Jr., which I purchased recently while doing research into the JFK/Mob angle. It is hard to get a gauge on it, as far as his credibility on the JFK assassination, to tell you the truth it seemed pretty interesting to me until he "gives his take' on what went down on 11/22/63.

As someone once said "You Be the Jury."

"I don't subscribe to the post-assassination theories....If there had been any connection to the Chicago families. I am quite sure we would have known about it. I firmly believe just what the Warren Commission found after exhaustive investigation using the FBI, CIA and all the other investigative bodies at its command. I believe it was the work of a lone, demented gunman, Oswald and that Ruby's motivation in killing Oswald was just what he claimed- his anguish over the killing of the charismatic leader of our country."

After I reached that passage, I quit reading the book as it would be impossible for me to accept anything written in it as being very believable. Period.

Edited by Robert Howard

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lee,

I know Cain used the Scalzetti name but I don't know about the others.

I. Irving Davidson is Isaac Irving Davidson, D.C. Lobbyist who has been mentioned in the Carl Jenkins thread as someone of interest.

I believe that would be a most interesting document.

James

Richard Cain could easily have been a double, if not triple agent between the government and the outfit. So far, it has been real hard to tell if he was a law enforcement agent for Richard Olgivie infiltrating the outfit or the other way around. The book 'The Outfit' has a lot of detailed information on him, concluding the outfit was his primary loyalty.

I have read every Chuck Giancana book and have lived in Chicago all my life. I have yet to find a single, verifiable bit of new information in any of his books. All of his 'revelations' turn out to be attributed to dead people who can't argue the issue, never anything at all about anyone still alive. The one exception may be in the book he co-authored with Michael Corbitt. Mr. Corbitt definetly has significant knowledge about organized crime. But once again, the book is mostly about those who are gone.

There is nothing to suggest that either Cain or Nicoletti were true marksman, which is what I would want for an assassination like JFK.

• 2 months later...

This is going to mean nothing as I can present no material to support it but a Cuban contact of mine who I trust, claimed that Cain was in Miami on the day of the assassination. He also said Cain had no skills with a rifle that anyone was aware of.

FWIW (not a whole lot unfortunately).

James

Edited by James Richards

One of the original posts in this thread makes reference to Richard Cain's work with Cubans on the NE side of Chicago. There is not a NE side of Chicago, nor has there every been any reference to one by any Chicagoan. The NE side of Chicago is Lake Michigan!

• 1 month later...
Found this interesting when you stack the dates...4 years of house cleaning.

Richard Cain -- Dec. 20, 1973. A third gunman was stationed outside the shop communicating with a walkie talkie on guard for a potential surprise police bust. If he was a participant, that would be poetic justice.

Sam Giancana -- June 19, 1975....fled country for eight years...why?

Jimmy Hoffa - July 30, 1975 - never found. I don't know if there has been any results of the DNA tests that were allegedy performed on the stained floorbaords in the Detroit suburban home where it has recently been alleged he was killed, by Frank Sheeran, in the book, "I heard you paint houses?"

Johnny Roselli - July, 1976. As per the rhetoric in Ragano's book, assuming the body was not meant to be found, this type of death was reserved for serious infractions, as the family would not collect insurance, the grave would be empty, etc.

Charles Nicoletti - March 29th, 1977, murdered in Chicago, dies same day as George De Mohrenschildt.

Who was the cleaner? Trafficante and Marcello? Or someone new in Chicago? Using cuban muscle?

- lee

Giancana was killed by Butch Blasi. While the timing is certainly coincidental, it also dovetails with intraorganizational warfare in the CHicago Outfit.

The reaosn for Hoffa's 'dissappearance' was Teamsters business. Giacalone out of Detroit was the main architect.

Roselli- I think it's fair to say he was killed for talking too much, and likely set up by Trafficante. Santo had some Cuban muscle in Miami who would have been perfect for the job. His old faithful hitters in Tampa were long in the tooth and the young up and coming wiseguys were way too reckless.

Re:

"Giancana was killed by Butch Blasi. While the timing is certainly coincidental, it also dovetails with intraorganizational warfare in the CHicago Outfit. "

Long suspected but I know of no definitive statement of fact. Tony Spilotro has also been suggested as the shooter.

Besides, if Tony Accardo (the real boss all along) received a 'request' thru someone like Trafficante or Lansky, which might have originated elsewhere from these men, Accardo still would have used someone local for the work. Sam was not an easy guy to get next to for this kind of task.

Re:

"Giancana was killed by Butch Blasi. While the timing is certainly coincidental, it also dovetails with intraorganizational warfare in the CHicago Outfit. "

Long suspected but I know of no definitive statement of fact. Tony Spilotro has also been suggested as the shooter.

Besides, if Tony Accardo (the real boss all along) received a 'request' thru someone like Trafficante or Lansky, which might have originated elsewhere from these men, Accardo still would have used someone local for the work. Sam was not an easy guy to get next to for this kind of task.

I thought Blasi admitted it. I'll have to dig through my files. Anyway you could be right about Santo sending a message to kill Sam to Accardo. There was no love lost between Joe Batters and Giancana.

Scott,

Do you put any credence to Frank 'The German' Schweihs being one of the men who whacked Richard Cain?

James

Good thread

I am glad we dug back into the Chuck Giancana story.

Treacherous territory if we let certain members drive us back to a Ruby/Contract On America

interpretration. Frankly, wim dankbaar and the chicago angle is compelling.

Look at Woody harrelson's father Charles Harrelson.

Admitted murderer, dead ringer for the tall tramp, Chicago mob, etc/

Sutton Files, I am not so sure about, but information about HARRELSON and RICHARD CAIN is welcome

The right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing

IE. the FBI doesnt' know what the CIA is doing

RICHARD CAIN AND JOHN ROSELLI

>>>> .>>>> .> >>> ...>>>

Lets

see if this loads up

fao

schweihs, frank

Scott,

Do you put any credence to Frank 'The German' Schweihs being one of the men who whacked Richard Cain?

James

I'm not familiar enough with Scweihs's activities in the OUtift to know for certain. But from what I've read, he was a capable enforcer.

Scott,

James

I'm not familiar enough with Scweihs's activities in the OUtift to know for certain. But from what I've read, he was a capable enforcer.

Thanks, Scott.

Schweihs was indeed a capable enforcer. It has been theorized by some learned folk that The German was responsible or had a hand in the murders of Tony Spilotro and his brother, Richard Cain, Allen Dorfman, Charles Nicoletti and John Roselli.

About a year ago he was indicted with Joey Lombardo and both men went on the run. I believe a little while back, Lombardo was captured but Schweihs was still in the wind. If anyone has any updates there it would be greatly appreciated.

The attachment below shows one of the last photographs taken of Richard Cain.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

Scott,

James

Thanks, Scott.

Schweihs was indeed a capable enforcer. It has been theorized by some learned folk that The German was responsible or had a hand in the murders of Tony Spilotro and his brother, Richard Cain, Allen Dorfman, Charles Nicoletti and John Roselli.

About a year ago he was indicted with Joey Lombardo and both men went on the run. I believe a little while back, Lombardo was captured but Schweihs was still in the wind. If anyone has any updates there it would be greatly appreciated.

The attachment below shows one of the last photographs taken of Richard Cain.

FWIW.

James

Schweihs was actually arrested before Lombardo. He was found in Kentucky around Christmas 2005. lombardo, as you know, was right outside Chicago when the feds picked them up.