The Education Forum
Lee Forman

Richard Carr source data

5 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

This picture shows the construction scaffolding around the (to be) courts building which would have extended out from the walls 6-8' I'd think.  Carr was climbing stairs within this scaffolding or stairs constructed on the out side of the scaffolding.  If you look to the right of center of the scaffolding on the Houston street side, see the whitish looking jagged "line" going up?  Either case would increase the chance that he Could have seen the purported sniper window although at one point he said it was the second window over.  That said, if a person or persons were observed in windows other than the One partially opened, I've read the windows were filthy and with no lighting inside it seems it would have been difficult to determine if a sport coat was brown, tan or even gray.  As for identifying horn rimmed glasses... maybe Carr had better than 20/20 vision.

I have seen a better, larger, closer picture of just primarily the courts building in 1963 but couldn't find it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=rStjJGIG&id=D97397998839E54FA6566B91ED57C2EDB6EED3E8&thid=OIP.rStjJGIG0aUI0d0pJdQhqgHaFc&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thomasladegaard.dk%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2013%2f05%2fDealey-Plaza-2.jpg&exph=427&expw=580&q=dealey+plaza+pictures+1963&simid=608043114097150675&selectedIndex=243&ajaxhist=0  

6 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

This picture shows the construction scaffolding around the (to be) courts building which would have extended out from the walls 6-8' I'd think.  Carr was climbing stairs within this scaffolding or stairs constructed on the out side of the scaffolding.  If you look to the right of center of the scaffolding on the Houston street side, see the whitish looking jagged "line" going up?  Either case would increase the chance that he Could have seen the purported sniper window although at one point he said it was the second window over.  That said, if a person or persons were observed in windows other than the One partially opened, I've read the windows were filthy and with no lighting inside it seems it would have been difficult to determine if a sport coat was brown, tan or even gray.  As for identifying horn rimmed glasses... maybe Carr had better than 20/20 vision.

I have seen a better, larger, closer picture of just primarily the courts building in 1963 but couldn't find it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=rStjJGIG&id=D97397998839E54FA6566B91ED57C2EDB6EED3E8&thid=OIP.rStjJGIG0aUI0d0pJdQhqgHaFc&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thomasladegaard.dk%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2013%2f05%2fDealey-Plaza-2.jpg&exph=427&expw=580&q=dealey+plaza+pictures+1963&simid=608043114097150675&selectedIndex=243&ajaxhist=0  

Edit/addendum to this post.  If Carr had seen a heavy set man with a hat sports coat and glasses on the 6th floor of the TSBD from the 6th or 7th floor of the courts building scaffolding (he mentions both, 6th in his statement, 7th in New Orleans for Garrison, if you climb 6/7 stories without numbers might you loose track?).  Then while descending he saw a heavy set man in a hat and sportscoat with glasses exiting the rear of the TSBD and then heading South on Houston...  When Carr got to the ground and the corner of Houston and Commerce, with the man coming toward him, across the street then turning East on Commerce... He would have had a much better chance to identify the color of his coat and that the glasses were horn rimmed.

RE: FBI conversation with Carr = "I done as I was instructed, I shut my mouth".

"Were you called before the Warren Commission ?"

"No sir."

After my last post on this thread I thought I'd consult a primary source regarding Carr.  Jim Garrison's On the Trail of the Assassin's.  I  knew I had it and thought I'd read it.  Right and wrong.  It wasn't on the top shelf where it should be.  Looked around further, thought I don't remember reading it.  Thought I might be mistaken, though I remembered the cover of the copy I still have.  So I ordered it for six bucks total on amazon.  Then I found my old paperback copy on the bottom shelf.  Bought from a second hand bookstore, missing most of the pages I was interested in due to a poorly glued spline, they had fallen out.  So I couldn't have read all of it.  

My "new" six buck hard back copy came in, a first edition from 1988 in excellent condition cover and all.  Not much new to me about Carr in it.  It does say he was coming down the stairway on the outside of the building he was working on*.  And that he was descending them when he saw the four men exit the rear of the TSBD.  I.E., regarding his credibility, if the construction stairway was on the outside of the framework of courthouse being built he might have been able to see past the "Old Red" courthouse to North Houston to the back of the TSBD.

The "new" copy has a newspaper cut out from the New York Times Book Review Best Sellers ranking with a hand written date of Feb 12, 1992  taped on the outside of the cover page.  On The Trail Of The Assassins is # 1, on the top 10 list for 9 weeks.  Number 4 is Jim Marrs Crossfire, on the list for four weeks.  Number 8 is High Treason by Groden and Livingstone for 14 weeks.  My how times have changed.  News papers are almost obsolete. The film JFK in 1991 caused the furthered popularity of these books, upon which it was based.

We need a new spate of books from respected authors on the subject  before they become senile and too forgetful as well as their collaboration with Oliver Stone on a new updated version of JFK, "The Movie".  For the sake of History And Posterity, please cooperate.  Yes I know Dr. Newman is still pontificating and I am ignorant regarding the extent of his and Larry Hancock's continuing work.